Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127284 times)

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 9/13- Imperial HALO Trooper
« Reply #525 on: September 16, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Holy crap thats cool.
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 17, 2006, 12:55 AM »
Kick ass customs!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 17, 2006, 07:50 AM »
Your Halo trooper Kicks a$$ DN. This one and Menten are my favorites of your latest batch.

Whrere dif the hoses come from?

Excellent work.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 9/17- HALO Jumper v. 2
« Reply #528 on: September 17, 2006, 10:08 AM »
The chest box and hoses are from the ATAT Driver on the original. I had to make some cosmetic paint details on the original. I also reworked the hose system- on jubjubjedi's clone concept, there was one hose going to his pack and one connecting to his helmet. So, I tried to stay true to that and change one of the hoses to a different material- some plastic thing I had lying around.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. This was a really fun custom to do and overall I'm really satisfied with the result. Here's Version 2 with some pics taken outside:

I think that he's a little bit better. Well, LMK what you think. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 9/17- HALO Jumper v.2
« Reply #529 on: September 17, 2006, 02:33 PM »
You do good camo customs, why does that one above only have tube though?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 9/17- HALO Jumper v.2
« Reply #530 on: September 18, 2006, 10:38 AM »
WOW! :o

Those last two batches are amazing! I love the creativity.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 9/18- First Two Commandos- New Squad
« Reply #531 on: September 18, 2006, 01:06 PM »
You do good camo customs, why does that one above only have tube though?

He has two, one's connected to his helmet and the other is connected to his drop pack. Thanks for the compliment too.

Thanks Darth_Anton.

Epsilon Squad trained with a fellow Imperial Commando Squad before they were deployed to dispatch Master Orden on Qilura. They had the exact same armor except for olive green shoulder and shin plates. Given the call sign Kilo, they were unfortunately forced to go planetside along with a Spec Forces HALO Jumper after Ep Squad's heavy gunner and leader were KIA.

Pfc. Karr, Kilo Squad- Given the chore of lugging the BlasTech 53-H Heavy Blaster Launcher, he wears a Scout Trooper helmet to shield his face from the muzzle flash on his high-explosive blaster. He also carries a standard military pack loaded with extra power packs for his rifle.

Pfc. Aven, Kilo Squad- the squad's radio man, his weapon of choice is dual E-11 Blasters.

That's the first two- just have to locate some more Sandies and DSGs and Squad 2 will be complete. :)

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:07 PM by Darth Nirvana »

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 19, 2006, 05:57 PM »
I really like all these, but the HALO troop is my favorite, I've always been a sucker for a trooper with lots of cool acessories, and you excelled at that on this one.  I love the chest pack, and the tube feeds, as well as the weathering.  Nice work!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 19, 2006, 10:03 PM »
Its worth mentioning here as well.  I love these 2 figs.  You've really established yourself as the extreme weathering guru- a style that I love in particular.  The HALO trooper is just plain awesome and it would appear that everybody agrees that its the best you've ever done.  I believe it to be.  Awesome.

I'd love to see your attempt a camo-extreme weather beaten figure.  I bet a camo trooper with this wweathering would be great.  There I go again with the "camo" thing- It can't be helped I love camo troops!
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 22, 2006, 10:45 AM »
Hmm, I think the black outlines of the various parts of the armour of both troopers are a bit too conspicuous. The weathering is top notch as always, though. This especially on the kama and pouch. Looks like real rugged leather, you know.

And kudos to your awesome background stories! I don't think I've mentioned that before, but those little pieces of inside information are quality reading material!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 10/1 *PIC HEAVY*
« Reply #535 on: October 1, 2006, 10:23 AM »
Wow, thanks for the three in-depth reviews guys!

CC1- Thanks for all the compliments on my HALO Jumper. A couple days ago, I decided that I wanted to do a new version that would look better and more appealing to me. So, I took him apart and never got a chance to redo him until this weeked. Here are some WIP shots, the finished custom should be up later today:

Outrider- Thanks. I'll take a camo fig into consideration, although I'll have to get some camo colors to do this. Maybe in my next update you'll see one. ;)

Incom- Yeah, I'll be redoing these two when I get around to finding 2 more Sandies and DS Gunners, so I'll tone down the black. The kama is just a cotton T-Shirt, I really like the ribbed look of the fabric. Thanks for the comment on the backstories as well, I like when a backstory is added because it kind of adds a little bit of character to the custom.

Now, for today's update (I haven't updated in over 10 days! Yikes!), I don't have much to show. School has been pretty time-consuming, and the only days I really have for productive customizing are on the weekends...

Jedi Master Ruhk Isrut was placed in charge of the 3rd Air Detachment, the legion in charge of air drops, or most notoriously the elite HALO Jumpers. Nearly fearless, he is an excellent tactition and swordsmaster, and often leads the HALO Jumpers from jump to extraction.

Private Neros (CT-5837, Beta Squad, D Platoon, F Unit, 2nd Battalion, 78th Infantry):

CT-4832, stationed on Endor at the height on the Clone Wars, met his fate at the hands of a remotely detonated CIS mine. When bent over to check his boot straps, he triggered the deadly explosion, severing his legs, right hand, and burning his face in the process. Later in the battle, when he tried to crawl away, a Battle Droid spotted him and shot him in the chest.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 10/1- *PIC HEAVY*
« Reply #536 on: October 1, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Holy ****.  The clone with the shot off legs and hand is both extremely cool and extremely disturbing at the same time.  While admiring your customizing skills, I'm a little afraid of you as well.  I like how the armor is burned and singed at the severance points on the limbs.  Nice job. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 1, 2006, 01:23 PM »
I love the burnt face, very realistic!  :)
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 1, 2006, 01:44 PM »
Nice use of left over parts... I like your customs but I would like to see some that aren't all black washed. I like the use of none star wars parts that you use in a majority of your customs.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 10/4- Bounty Hunter/Mercenary
« Reply #539 on: October 4, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Thank you Dressel Rebel, Clone Commander, and Stormtripper for your comments. They really help.

Here's a custom thrown together from spare parts, inspired by Jedistyle's latest great bounty hunters/mercenaries.

Null Arc Trooper N-6, or Kom'rk during the Clone Wars, was responsible to reporting in General Grievous' position on Utapau. Later in the Clone Wars, however, he began to lost faith in the Republic. When Order 66 came through, luckily he wasn't forced to cut down one of the Jedi, but he defected from the Empire shortly after the Jedi Purge. Taking the first name A'den, Mando'a for 'merciless', he stopped his age acceleration with an illegal drug and he moved to an apartment in the heart of Coruscant.

Constructing a lightsaber but not accepting the Jedi teachings that usually follow construction of the ancient weapon, A'den carried it at all times with his Jedi-esque robes with stolen Imperial armor gauntlets and boots. Usually taking odd bounties or offering his services as a mercenary, A'den lived a very succesful life until he was killed in action on one of his commisions.

I'm not sure if Kom'rk was even available with an open backstory, but he was the only one I hadn't heard of. These pics don't really do him justice, I'll have to take some outside tomorrow.

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: October 4, 2006, 07:31 PM by Darth Nirvana »