Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127250 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!
« on: October 24, 2005, 07:37 PM »
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
« Last Edit: December 1, 2007, 11:13 PM by Nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Nirvana's customs
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:55 PM »
Let me be the first to comment!

I like the figures, but I LOOVE the weather on the ARC 170!

Great job!

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Hey, thanks! Yeah, I don't have those figures anymore. I changed them, and made a desert Bly, and other figures from my imagination. Thanks for your comments on the ARC. That was my first custom ship, and I think it turned out well. Thanks for your comments!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Welcome!  I hope to see a lot more of your work.   :)

The clones are pretty neat, especially the Bacara headed one - they look really realistic - excellent painting.  It took me a second to realize that the first one is coming out of a hole in a door I think?  Really good idea to take advantage of that.

The wing damage is outstanding too!  I'm guessing you actually did burn that some to get that nice effect?

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 06:27 AM »
Thanks! Yeah, I have an old teenage girl's room, and I think she got mad at her
parents and kicked a hole in the door :)
Bacara's head fits on a #33 body and I used Testors olive drab spary paint. It worked nice. Actually, I did burn my Arc- 170. Man, it got stinky, but I like it. Yeah, I have more, but I don't have any batteries for my camera.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 11:39 AM »
I'm not too keen on the clones but I absolutely love the ARC-170 weathering you did. The hole on the wing is very cool. I like the stuff inside it. The left wing weathering kind of looks like giant fingerprints though. Its like a thumb was pressed on an ink pad then pressed on the ship.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Yeah, I know. The carbon scoring didn't go on towards the bottom of the left wing as I wanted it to go on, but I fixed that, and I also added some black panels to the fuselage and the cockpit canopy. And from some of your other posts I have read, I'm pretty sure that you're not too keen on clone repaints period. But hey, all of my customs aren't clones but when they are, they're original and from my own mind! Thanks for your comments.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 09:25 PM »
Yeah, I know. The carbon scoring didn't go on towards the bottom of the left wing as I wanted it to go on, but I fixed that, and I also added some black panels to the fuselage and the cockpit canopy. And from some of your other posts I have read, I'm pretty sure that you're not too keen on clone repaints period. But hey, all of my customs aren't clones but when they are, they're original and from my own mind! Thanks for your comments.

Just clones I'm pretty sure. ;) Clones are getting very worn out and overdone. People are just getting sick of seeing them. I like the blaster hole on the ARC but I'm not really a fan of trhe fingerprint style weathering either. It looks a litttle strange sans the guns, it think that if they have all been shot off some of them should have pieces left over or the entire end of the wing should be torn off. The clones are decent looking, I am getting a bit sick of them too. But I'd like to see some of your non-clone customs. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 06:10 AM »
I'll say this again, they are not fingerprints on the left wing. I used a flame and i guressed it swirled around toward the bottom of the left wing. It's gone now. I do have the guns, I just keep the proton torpedoes off because I don't like the way they look. I took the rear gun off of the fighter for the picture. I was just showing off the battledamge on the plane, I forgot to say it was a work in progress. I turned it into an "A10 warthog" style Arc, a fast anti-infantry fighter. I bought batteries for my camera last night along with Sasee Tin and Obi Wan pilot at Wal-Mart, so I'll probably have more pics today or tomorrow, depends on when I have the time.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 09:35 AM »
I like the arc fighter, except for those fingerprints on the left wing.    ;) ;D ;D ;)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 10:14 AM »
One thing that would be cool is if you could design a WWII style picture for the side of the ship. Maybe a twi'lik dancer in some erotic pose? Someone did this on a gunship and it came out really cool.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 05:25 PM »
Hmm, I never thought of that. Good idea. I don't know if it will be a twi'lek, but it be along the lines of that.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 05:34 PM »
One thing that would be cool is if you could design a WWII style picture for the side of the ship. Maybe a twi'lik dancer in some erotic pose? Someone did this on a gunship and it came out really cool.

Wow?  Really?  I designed something similar for my Falcon, before realizing there's no place to put it!  Almost all the surfaces of the Falcon are full of bumps and textures.

Don't have a gunship, obviously (damn you, Hasbro!  Where are the ROTS gunships??!?!), but I would seriously consider this.  I LOVED the gunship from Clone Wars
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 10:10 PM »
Welcome over here darth_nirvana!  I remember seeing your stuff on GH and was impressed with your battle-damaged ARC-170.  Get some batteries for your camera and take some more pics!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 03:20 AM »
Nice job!