Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127276 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Nirvana's customs 2 New Customs November 13, 2005 Look!
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2005, 06:08 PM »
CHEWIE- I don't really know why I don't get much either, it's mostly just you and hemble. Oh well. Anyways, I've considered making a miniphotonovel, but I have virtually know Seperatists. Never had any appeal to me. Although, I am probably going to make one maybe using them to put down a rebel insurrection on Tatooine? I don't know, it's still in the planning stage.

hemble- Thanks for the comments on the arc. That's the first custom vehicle I've done and I'm pretty pleased with it. The nets are glued in on place. For the mortar area, the canopy is glued on the gun. The driver's netting is completely glued on and, you probably can't see it, but on the passengers side there is a black net hanging down. It's glued on the gun too. The nets are a guaze pad, spliced, glued, and painted all on the vehicle. Next time I use netting I'll probably use that netting you mentioned, thanks for your suggestions and your complements.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Nirvana's customs 2 New Customs November 13, 2005 Look!
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2005, 09:26 AM »
Not really a big update, kinda been low on cash for SW, but I did buy a BBI figure at ToysRUs last night. I also saw the wierdest thing, I didn't think this was a Mega-Buy variant: Plo Koon and AT-TE Gunner? Someone probably moved it around. Since Lister is my focal point for my photonovel, I decided I should give him a face. Anyway, I took a bunch of accesories off the BBI Navy Seal Sniper, the head of ATTE Gunner, got rid of his boots, and put it new softgoods. Hope you like it.

Here's a preview pic for the next installment for my photonovel.
TALES OF THE 305TH- A DANGEROUS SITUATION

Here you go. Not a big update, but I think Lister looks alot better. Thanks for looking.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
I think I'm finally happy with my ARC-170. I've made it completely olive and black. There's no maroon on it and I think it really has an Imperial feel to it.

I hope you like it. Thanks for looking.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Very nice update.  You are doing a great job mixing and matching parts for your custom squad.  They are really developing their own personality, which is good.

The ARC looks great too.  I wish that this color scheme was how they had appeared in the film.  Really have a much more evil look to them, which is what turning into the Empire is all about.

As for the Gunner-Plo Koon Mega pack, yes I think that is a legit packing by Hasbro.  I remember hearing about it a while back.

I'll check out your photonovel either tonight or in the morning and post my thoughts.  Looking forward to reading it!

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Thanks. I'm really satisfied with Sargeant Lister, I really plan on building up his personality alot more. I didn't understand why they had maroon on a fighter plane. I wish they were like that too. I don't know if the 2-pack was legit, but it doesn't matter. I'm looking forward to your comments on my photonovel. Thanks.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Here's another 305th trooper, Corporal Harland. He's the leader of 305th Intelligence and is friends with Sargeant Lister. He's in Part 2 of my photonovel and will be appearing again. On a side note, if you want to see my customs in action, check out my photonovel, TALES OF THE 305TH, in the photonovel section. Here are the pics:

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: Darth_Nirvana's customs UPDATE Sunday, November 20,2005
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Hi Ya d_n

Mate yet again you've put some great customs up I really like Lister he's appearance is great the cloth vest/robe and the bbi equipement adds that personal touch to him.

I also like Harland the way you've used cloce armour with robes is great your troops are going to have that unqiue feel about them for sure.

The ARC in my opion is spoton except for one little thing the olive painted area's need a little battle damage to them ie- scratchs and/or blaster marks other then that it's great. And as soon as I get the chance I'll take a looksy at your photonovel and get back to you.

Ron

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2005, 07:35 PM »
Thanks. Yeah, I'll take a closer look at my ARC and rough it up a bit. I'm glad you like Lister, he's my favorite. Harland was just thrown together today because I needed a second leader at 305th Command, you'll see when you read it. Thanks for your comments.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2005, 09:16 PM »
You've been busy lately!

Corporal Harland looks pretty cool... but I almost think he looks more like one of those extremists they are fighting.  Just a thought.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2005, 06:09 AM »
I know. I want him to look like that.  ;)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I'm starting 305th #3 right now. Check the photonovel section tonight!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2005, 04:04 PM »
You get those done in one day?  Damn!  Mine usually take about 30-40 hours of work.   :-\

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Well, I know what I want to happen, and it just comes easily to me. I take the pics, thinking of what's going on as I take them, and write it online as I go.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2005, 05:02 PM »
I guess though that I might put too much time into mine, and most of mine around between 40-60 pics, which might make them too long.  Then you add in my anal editing which takes me forever.  Usually the story comes along pretty easy for me at least.

Also yesterday I went and redid about 15 pics, which took all damn day.  Plus my computer is so s-l-o-w.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2005, 05:56 PM »
My computer is really slow, but I have DSL and thankfully my photo program isn't contaminated my my computer's slowness. It's like 7 years old. Yeah, your stories are alot longer than mine, so I understand how it takes you that long, and you're right, you must have a LOT of digital editing/proofing. Putting alot of time into yours isn't a bad thing. They're awesome. And, there's been a slight change of plans regarding my photonovel. There's no way in heck that it'll be done tonight, I got myself wrapped up in a second Intelligence Trooper that took me longer than I thought. It might be up by Monday or Tuesday.