Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127755 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Are Neimoidians allowed to be Jedi? - Updated With Pics!
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2005, 10:17 AM »
I was wondering because I'm in the process of creating a Neimoidian Jedi. Would it be just really wrong because the Neimoidians are Seperatists? How bout a Neimoidian that goes against his government and joins the Jedi?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 11:09 AM by darth_nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Are Neimoidians allowed to be Jedi?
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2005, 10:19 AM »
I see no reason why not.

Perhaps there's some EU or something to the contrary?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2005, 10:25 AM »
I say go for it! 

I made a Duros Jedi and those are basically the same as Neimoidians according to George (which I still find kinda lame IMHO  ::)).

Just think of it this way - if your nemoidian was a full Jedi Knight/Master during the events of Episode 2/3, then he had to have joined the order long before any of the Trade Fed / Clone Wars stuff happened. 

There are any number of back-stories you could come up with to explain it, so go for it!  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2005, 10:29 AM »
Thanks, I'm almost done with it. It's the Neimoidian Warr. head and a Kit Fisto body. I'll post pics soon.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2005, 11:01 AM »

Always liked this one...

And I sort of buy into the whole Neimoidian/Duros thing. Perhaps they are of the same species in terms of genetics, but from very different planets, hence they have different cultural norms and ways of life, etc? I dunno. This excerpt is from the SW Databank:

"This species (Duros) achieved star travel before the founding of the Republic, and have almost entirely abandoned the soil of their homeworld to travel among the stars. They rank alongside the Corellians as the most seasoned space travelers in the galaxy. One of the Duros' earliest colonization efforts was on Neimoidia, and over the millennia, the Neimoidians became a genetically distinct offshoot of the Duros race."

It just can't be chance that they look so much like one another save for the skin color. :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Well, I was nearly done with him anyway when I posted, here are the pics:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Are Neimoidians allowed to be Jedi? - Updated With Pics!
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Very cool.  Like that you used the Nemoidiain Warrior head. 

I say yes, they can be Jedi.  And I personally do like the Nemoidiain/Duros connection.  I see them as the same species, but different races.  Kind of like what you see with Caucasians, Africans, Asians, etc.  We all look a little different, but we're all humans.

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2005, 11:25 AM »
Thanks. His hands were the hardest part- I had to shorten the posts and hollow out Fisto's hand holes, and they still don't fit. I'll change it later. Yeah, what you said makes sense about the Neimoidians and Duros. Thanks for your comments.

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Very cool.  Like that you used the Nemoidiain Warrior head. 

I say yes, they can be Jedi.  And I personally do like the Nemoidiain/Duros connection.  I see them as the same species, but different races.  Kind of like what you see with Caucasians, Africans, Asians, etc.  We all look a little different, but we're all humans.

:P

even if i wouldn't ue the word "race" because of political and ethics reasons, i'm also inclined to believe the duros-neimoidian connection. in the SW universe it has alredy been done : think about the nikto/klaatu
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2005, 12:37 PM »

even if i wouldn't ue the word "race" because of political and ethics reasons, i'm also inclined to believe the duros-neimoidian connection. in the SW universe it has alredy been done : think about the nikto/klaatu

Not to get too off topic (it may not be, actually), but "race" in and of itself is not a bad term, nor does it carry a negative connotation. Race is a real concept in everyday life (ever fill out a federal application for anything? A standard question is "Race/Ethnicity:"). Let's not suggest a problem where none exists. :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Well, I wasn't trying to talk about whether or not Neimoidians are Duros/race issues here, I was looking for input on the custom on hand. Not that you guys have to stop talking about it, I'm just saying, he looks okay, right? He doesn't look out of place?

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2005, 12:58 PM »
He's very well done, D_N. A tad dark in terms of his garb, but it does add some variety to the standard Jedi robes.

Nice work.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2005, 01:11 PM »
Thanks.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth_Nirvana's Customs 305th Radio Man --- New Pics
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2005, 01:14 PM »
Thanks, CHEWIE. Here's Master Temble's apprentice, Wes Ratel:

Hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Look for these two in the next novel, and thanks for looking.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Darth_Nirvana's Customs Human Jedi *UPDATE* 11.29
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2005, 01:20 PM »
I commented more at RS, but I wanted to add here how *easily* I think this guy could make a great human Sith. I know that's not the coolest kind of Sith out there, but he has the look.

I like the decision to go without a skirt or flowing robes. He looks more like a fighter this way. The color is dark, as it is with your Neimoidian, but I think it works.

Good job.