Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127762 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Thanks. I finally learned how to weather my figs/vehicles right and I'm starting to finally be completely happy with them. Again, thanks for your comments.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Here are some more pics of the LPRV:

IN ACTION

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: Darth_Nirvana's Customs- Updated 12/5- LPRV *New Pics!
« Reply #122 on: December 6, 2005, 12:37 AM »
Yep have to say that the LPRV's look way better with the figures in them and the action shots are great keep up the great work mate.

Ron

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #123 on: December 6, 2005, 11:20 AM »
That LPRV kicks "A"!  I really like it. Cool concept.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 6, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Yes, cool concept.  Also, later on in your series are you going to create some non-green colored characters/vehicles?  The color scheme you are doing looks great and fits in well with the military look and tempo of your current photonovels though - my question is just out of curiousity as I see a lot of talent and creativity in what you've done and will probably do in the future.

:P

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #125 on: December 6, 2005, 12:32 PM »
I really like the style your customs have. They paint jobs look like they are elite troops that have been dragged through hell and back, and I like the dirty and gritty quality they have.

As far as your vehicles go, I love them. That ARC-170 was one of the best vehicle customs I have seen in a while. The detail and weathing was great and looked authentic. The warthog/LPRV's look great too. Since I'm guessing you would like constructive criticism as well, I think the LPRVs would look better with a bit of battle damage. The paint job is great, but I think that a little damage would bring out the "dirty war look" more. Personally, I would take a nail and scratch up the windshield, put some cracks in it, and maybe a hole like a bullet went through it; IMHO though.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!  8)
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 6, 2005, 02:59 PM »
On the black one, I burned/cut away part of the engine. I did scratch up the windshield, but that's a great idea about the bullethole. Thanks for your comments everyone.

CHEWIE,
   Once I'm done with the 305th I'll get to work on another legion and more movie style customs. I just really like fanfic customs cause there are no reference pics, and I can do whatever I want.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 6, 2005, 11:53 PM »
YES!  I love hearing that from you, that you want to make more fan fiction stuff.  You have a unique talent at that and it is very entertaining for me to see your creativity with using customized figures, new stories and locations, and all kinds of little subplots.  Can't wait to see more.   :)

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 7, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Thanks. I'm going to wrap up the 305th story in the next two stories. Then I'm going to get started on the 217th, a clone legion with two main colors- crimson and gray. I want a rich red color that will really stand out. Probably for the next legion I'll build up more characters and maybe do a Gunship in their colors. I need to buy the paints and a couple new clones to start out. Thanks for your comments, and I am really happy with all the response I'm getting.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 7, 2005, 04:24 PM »
i love those action sequences, your squad could kick some serious @$$.  but you should warn your jedi never to turn his back on a clone, he's gonna get more holes put in him then ayala or ki did put together.  like the scar i don't remember that being there before.  new?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 7, 2005, 04:47 PM »
You mean the scar on Wes? That's new. Thanks for your comments, but I'm going to start to stray away from the 305th. I'll wrap up the photonovel, and I'm going to get started on a new clone legoin, the 217th. But, here's two last customs of the 305th. I'm sad to see them go, but I'm getting sick of seeing olive drab. Here ya go:

I added the Evo Stormie's pauldron to Bowman. Simple, it's not really even a custom, but I think it adds more to his personality.

Well, that about finishes up the 305th. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a nice evening.

« Last Edit: December 9, 2005, 03:34 PM by darth_nirvana »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Okay. The 305th Legion is gone. For now, at least. Here's a quick bio of the 217th Legion and 2 new members.

The 217th is, in lack of better terms, Coruscant's military police. They deal with everyday crimes, but mostly deal with organized crime, mercenaries, and terrorists. Their leader, Master Creon Teoul, was born and raised-for a little while at least- on the streets, and is a hardened and wise leader.

And here is the first member of the 217th. He deals with hostile situations and hostages, and all he carries is fortified armor along with a vest, and a small personal communicator to set up Comlinks between him and a mediator back at Command. He also, unwillingly, sports a long scar running down his ear to his cheek from a situation gone bad. He chose not to wear both of the Legion's colors nor to wear a helmet to look more simple and to look more friendly to the beings he needs to arrange something with.

Well, that kicks off the 217th Legion. I hope you like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a nice weekend.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
D_N

You're heading in some new and interesting directions here. Good for you!

seems like this Cerean head is really making the rounds, but you've found a great set of shoulders to leave it on. I'm finally buying into this NOT being Ki-Adi Mundi, so nice work there!

On your grunt, good call keeping him friendlier looking... it goes with his job. However, I'd like to see something more there... perhaps some color on the Clone armor that is also applied to his flak vest?

As an aside, wouldn't a Jedi make for a better negotiator, what with the mind tricks? Just a thought here, but you might slap that flak vest on Creon and make him a Jedi with especially strong Jedi Mind Trick powers. :) Back him up with a small squad of SWAT Clones (flashlights on their heads, small arms for close-quarters combat, handcuffs, etc with a navy blue color scheme)

Just an idea. As it stands, you're really onto something, and I really like the work you've turned out. Working on Coruscant, will there be Police speeders? Perhaps a SWAT-van air speeder? 

My wheels are turning... I'm hoping for some cool stories here, D_N! :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
I like the way you think, In Rem. I'm not too sure about Teoul being the negotiator, although you've almost changed my mind with the sqaud of SWAT clones. I just really like the way the negotiator looks. And I'm digging your idea with the police speeder- I'm thinking a Gunship with added armor and painted jet-black, with maybe MP or 217 on the side? I really like Ki-Adi's head on the Evo Ani body, he ends up being like two heads taller than the average trooper, and I really like that. I am going to paint the negotiator with a little crimson, being that the 217th is crimson and gray, but I have no paint and our roads are  bad from last night's snowstorm. I'll buy some paint tomorrow and I'm going to have a field day.  ;D Thanks for your comments and your ideas.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Well, I had some spare parts and a little paint lying around, so I guess I made Master Teoul's apprentice, Montay Redas. Here's a quick bio:

Montay Redas was discovered by the Jedi on a diplomatic trip to Alderaan. They took him back to Coruscant and began his Jedi training over the watchful eye of the wise Jedi Master Creon Teoul. He was born with a thin long scar/birthmark running down his left side of his face. He tends to embrace the Dark Side while in combat, and that is why he is only stationed on Coruscant, to make sure he does not turn over to the Sith.

Here we go folks, the first three members of the 217th Legion.

As always, I hope you like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.