Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 128083 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Big Update Sat. 6/10/06- PIC HEAVY
« Reply #420 on: June 11, 2006, 10:39 PM »
I have one question, D_N: Where do you get these awesome guns? Y'know, like the one that Vuron Aros has? I know you added the cloth thing yourself, but where did you get the actual gun? I think they are the coolest things...
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2006, 12:03 AM »
He gets them From Marauder Inc, and DN tendsto use real world guns most of the time  ( with a few alterations). :P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2006, 12:46 AM »
Hey D_N,

I really like the parts usages you come up with for these guys...it's very imaginative and they end up being really cool designs. I may want to use a few of these in the future. I'm especially fond of the soldier with the Commando helmet...I wouldn't have thought it would look good on another body, but you pulled it off nicely.

Like Fritzkrieg, though, I have to say they look more like freedom fighters than members of the GAR or the Empire.

If I had to offer one criticism though, it would have to be the paint on the faces. These guys always look grimy to me, and for some reason it really bothers me. It looks less like camo or warpaint than just grease, and I think they'd strike my fancy a bit more if it at least looked like Camo paint.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #423 on: June 12, 2006, 06:21 AM »
does precore remind anyone of the russian sniper in behind enemy lines???...just me???
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2006, 08:19 AM »
SP got it right, most of the non-SW guns come from Marauder Inc with my own mods.

I might go back and change their backstory to be Rebel guerilla fighters, and add some camo paint, or clean their faces up. Which would look better?

Actually, MBA, I was actually going for the snipers in "Enemy at the Gates." I've never seen Behind Enemy Lines.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 12, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Be careful when DD starts referring to striking his fancy.......

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Wed. 6/14- Drox Precore, Rebel Guerilla Fighter
« Reply #426 on: June 14, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Lol.

I didn't really have alot of time this past week for customs but I did manage to pretty much completely redo Precore into a Rebel guerilla fighter/mercenary. After DD and Fritzkrieg pointed out that they looked more like Rebels, I realized that they were right.

I cleaned up his face, added some 5 o clock shadow and some color to his lips, redid the legs and arms, tried to give his vest/coat a more black color, then switched out his gear to a new styrene belt.

Drox Precore and Vuron Aros were a pair of freelance mercenaries who were contracted by the Rebel Alliance to launch a campaign of raids against Imperial convoys to take supplies and ordnance as well as munitions. One of their most successful raids was when they intercepted and disabled a convoy of Imperial Ground Transports en route to assist the Empire in guarding the Death Star's shield complex on Endor. They tracked the convoy's movement across the heavy jungle until they disabled the point and rear guard vehicles, then killed the drivers of the transports, and maintained a secure perimeter until a larger relief force carried the commandeered supplies to the Alliance's fallback point.

Without coat and belt:

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 02:09 PM by Darth Nirvana »

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated Wednesday June 14, 2006
« Reply #427 on: June 14, 2006, 02:40 PM »
Woah, that looks amazing! It's definitely my 2nd favorite of yours, next to Ratay 8)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 14, 2006, 03:27 PM »
Looks great with the overcoat, that really makes this look good... I still would avoid using Han/Luke heads if possible, but that's ok.  If you have a Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet or Endor rebel helmet, that might really look good on him.

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 14, 2006, 03:27 PM »
That soft goods coat looks great!

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #430 on: June 14, 2006, 04:52 PM »
thats awsome...i love the back story aswell.....anychance of an imperial transport vehicle for them to commandere?
 ??? ;)

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated Thursday 6/15
« Reply #431 on: June 15, 2006, 11:30 AM »
I might make some out of Fomecore, I don't know. I dont have a Fleet or Endor helmet, but I might give him an Imperial helmet...he did intercept a convoy of supplies, I'm sure there would be a Veers helmet in there.  :)

I really had a hard time repainting the eyes on Sora Bulq, so I abandoned the eyes and went with a "what if Sora survived his final duel with Vos" custom.

It takes more than a chest wound to put a Sith down...

After an intense duel between Jedi-turned-Sith Sora Bulq and Jedi Master Quinlan Vos, Bulq was left for dead with a hole and his chest and without a weapon. Blinded, exhausted, and on the edge of death, Sora managed to find the strength in the Dark Side of the Force to semi-heal himself and find shelter to recover. One year later, Darth Ilesar, Bulq's adopted Sith name, was back in action and his lightdagger reconstructed, where he began an underground drug and organized crime network spanning COruscant and other Inner Rim worlds.

I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated Thursday June 15, 2006
« Reply #432 on: June 15, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Once again to much weathering on the Face he has no Eyes. Besides that perfect.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 15, 2006, 11:33 AM »
He was blinded in his duel with Vos.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #434 on: June 15, 2006, 01:24 PM »
i like...though im not sure of the long robes...personally id shorten them and give him a vader style cloak...btw wrok began on my own fan fic sith lord today...its a final battle maul with republic officer legs (the final battle maul legs really suck) and episode 1ns qui gon head...now i just have to repaint his face and paint his legs black..woo hoo...yeah so im done talkin now....i like this a lot its very "dark" 8)

ITS A TWAP!!!