Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 128327 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Nirvana's Customs- Updated 6/29 w/ another ADSC and new PN
« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Thanks for the comments RC.

I made this guy today to mainly star in my new PN (which you can check out here).

Air Drop Shock Commando Corporal Kellar, 367th Legion

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2006, 03:40 PM »
D_N - I really like both of these latests additions to the ADSC.  While the weahtering on both is quite extensive, I think it looks great on these two.  These are two of your best customs yet.  Keep 'em coming. 

I'll try to get the PN soon!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 04:20 PM by BrentS »

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2006, 03:51 PM »
DN,
THis is a really cool custom clone scout.  I love the mix and match of parts that went into this design.  Those scout trooper figures are really revolutionizing clone designs and your version looks awesome.  I love the addition of the soft goods kama with this fig.  One very small and minor detail would be to perhaps trim the very top portion of the kama that sticks above the top of the belt  I bet a sharp new exacto knife would trim it. 

SOme people say that your weathering is a bit extreme but personally I love your weathering style.  Your dudes have seen a ton of action-no doubts there.  I prefer your weathering patterns to HAsbro's any day. 

Your stuff has been really cool especially lately.  I'm enjoying your series. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2006, 05:56 PM »
Excellent scout there DN. The Kama is a great touch. The Clone forearms blend well with the scout body. I almost didn't nothice them. The weathering on this one looks good too, not too little not too much. Hes an excellent addition to your airborne team. I look forward to seeing what other variations you come up with. So far Ive liked everyone of this sereis.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Nirvana's Customs- Updated 7/01- Master Koon, new PN Chapter
« Reply #469 on: July 1, 2006, 12:29 PM »
Thank you for all the kind comments, everyone. I really love my new camear and how well it takes pics.

I made this custom last night for my new PN chapter, it's the 367th's Jedi General in Combat Dress- the new chapter didn't really go into any background on the character, so here it its:

Jedi Master Arador Koon is one of the Jedi's more Force-sensitive Jedi Masters. A relative to the well-known Jedi Master Plo Koon, Arador often is more comfortable in combat-oriented clothing than the more traditional Jedi tunic and robes.

Powerful, charismatic, and a strong leader, Master Koon was give command of the 367th Legion, most known for their elite group, who were trained in part by Master Koo himself- the Air Drop Shock Commandos.

Master Koon is a very powerful swordsman- he often combats too close to the Dark Side in his saber technique, which was a major cause for concern when his Mastership came to the Council for review.

Sadly, Master Koon was killed at the end of the Clone Wars in the Great Jedi Purge.

Parts:
Head- RotS Plo Koon
Torso, Arms- BBi Marine
Legs- VTSC Scout (holster shaved off on right boot)

I also just put up a new chapter to my PN- check it out!

LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
I like the fact that this Jedi doesn't wear the typical Jedi wardrobe. Quite original. The skin tone of the Kel'Dor is also different from the standard tone. Good idea. But er.... you might want to swap the human hands for the Kel'Dor ones  :)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
I like what youve done here, and the backstory is pretty good. I do have a question though. Why is he constantly looking up? Is that just the way he was positioned in the pics?

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Well, I don't have an extra pair of Kel Dor hands, so I think I'm just gonna go with the fact that he had his hands severed in his early childhood.  ;)

Thanks for the comments, guys. I have some more customs almost finished, here's a little lineup of what's going to be updated:

ADSCs- "E Team"- they'll play a large role in Chapter 3...

ADSC Gunship- I picked up a CW Gunship at TRU last night, and I'll begin to convert it into an ADSC Gunship, color wise and all that...might take a few days.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Updated 7/4- Another ADSC Team
« Reply #473 on: July 4, 2006, 02:28 PM »
ADSCs- "E Team"- they'll play a large role in Chapter 3...

We've had rain since last night, so I took some time to finish up E Team of the Air Drop Shock Commandos...like a said above, they'll play a large role in Chapter 3 and continue to make apperances in following shapters.

Corporal Ollan is a by-the-books soldier who is constantly on alert. Close friends with Corporal Kellar from F Team, he is a good soldier and companion.

Corporal Adson, one of the 367th's best field medics, is calm and cool-headed in even the toughest combat situations. Corporal Adson is also an excellent strategist.

Captain Norin has an excellent military background. An older man in his early forties, he has already started to show a tinge of gray in his hair. He has previously held the responsibility of recruiting and training the new recruits into the ADSC program, but had resigned his position to go back into the position he loved- ground combat.

E Team together:

ADSCs together:

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2006, 02:48 PM by Darth Nirvana »

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Update 7/4- Another ADSC Team
« Reply #474 on: July 4, 2006, 05:49 PM »
Really cool DN, I love most of your customs. Are all of the E team members supossed to be clones, or just the one that is friends with Keller? They all look cool and even better in the group shot. Cant wait to see them in Chap 3 and on...
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #475 on: July 4, 2006, 05:59 PM »
You guys won't beleive it but I think Adson is a clone that Nirvanna was talking to me about, that head is actually an AAT-TE tank gunner head. 8) It looks real good, I never would have known if you hadn't told me about it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 4, 2006, 06:25 PM »
That's a fine group of soldiers, I'll reply in more detail when I get a chance, but wanted to say how cool the Kama looks on the Biker Scout.

:)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 4, 2006, 08:07 PM »
You guys won't beleive it but I think Adson is a clone that Nirvanna was talking to me about, that head is actually an AAT-TE tank gunner head. 8) It looks real good, I never would have known if you hadn't told me about it.

Actually Smarty, I had used the ATTE Gunner and he was almost done, then I forgot to take his head off when I was boiling his torso to swap arms out...I use Apple Barrel paints, so the whites of his eyes disintegrated and I had to use a Han head... :-[

Only Kellar's friend is a clone, Adson and Norin are both non-clone humans...they are actually both Han heads, the one with the beret is Carkoon Han and Adson's is Endor Han...I think I did a pretty good job disguising them, lol.

Thanks for the comments, everyone, I painted base coats on the Gunship and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to do some gray-green panels.

Now I'm off to see some fireworks.  :)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #478 on: July 4, 2006, 11:16 PM »
Those are pretty damn cool, DN!

Corporal Ollan's as well done as his counterpart, and the kama looks suberb!

Corporal Adson's head looks a bit small, but you've countered that nicely with the head wrap - interesting use of the styrene strips(?) and AT AT leg straps. Not sure a bout practicality, but who cares, it definitely looks good! Plus, I always love a good custom medic.

And last, but not least, Captain Norin is my fave. I think some may feel that the barret looks too 'Earthy' but I've always wanted to do a few for the SW universe, so I think he looks kick a$$.  :)

Also, great job w/ the Han heads and I really dig the back stories.

Hope your 4th was fantastic!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 5, 2006, 05:48 PM »
DN- you keep churning out some great customs.  I think you've really hit your stride with this current lineup.  Captain Norin is easily my favorite.  I agree with PenDragon that the beret is a bit earthy but it seems to really work with these guys. 

Given you bend for the military aspect (and liberal use of the BBI parts), do you do any military only customs as well? Joes?  Seems like some of these guys could fit in equally well with those lines.