Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 412841 times)

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1020 on: December 11, 2010, 10:56 PM »
A Death Star for $35? I wish I had looked around at Steel City more. I was set up there so I didn't get a chance to shop much. I picked up a Vintage Slave 1 for $20, loose and complete but no box, a few loose ewoks in trade and a really clean unbroken Micro Millenium Falcon for just about nothing. Nothing overall too exciting but I haven't collected Vintage in a long time so I'm just slowing starting to get back into it. I had a friend of mine set up behind me who had a mountain of Vintage Star Wars I wish I could have come home with. He had a really nice working RC Sandcrawler but way out of my budget. It's been a long time since I've seen one of those.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 20, 2010, 09:13 AM »
I just scored my third Ewok Wagon last night. I really only needed the seat and ladder, but the bidding was so low on this one I felt compared to jump in and take a stab at it. I think I ended up snagging the whole thing for $66 plus $15 shipping. Having watched the eBay prices on these things for over a year, that is pretty damn awesome, especially for a Wagon that is complete with no wear and tear or breakage.

So now I have no use for my other 2 incomplete sets, one of which is in very good shape. Looks like I'll be putting these back on the market....

Vintage AT-AT and I'm more or less done.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1022 on: December 23, 2010, 01:33 AM »
Punkinhead, why didn't you let me know you were attending the show?  We could've at least hung out a little bit at the show, or maybe even could've had you come along for the dinner Friday evening.  If you're coming in March to that show, let me know and we'll hang out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 23, 2010, 02:48 PM »
Hi Jesse, it was a last minute decision to go and in the rush I hadn't even thought about mentioning anything on the site. We are going to be there for March. There are a few vendors we set up with at Columbus shows who are making plans too. Heavy vintage guys so It should be a good time. I'm hoping it's a better show than this past December; it seemed a little slow. It was our first time there but we enjoyed it. Did you catch Daniel Logan trying to pop a ballon with a whip? Not that I want to crack on the guy but I think he should have put in a little more practice before trying that in front of a crowd.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1024 on: December 24, 2010, 02:41 AM »
No, but heard about it from some of the PSWCS guys...  Yeah, I didn't get why he was even trying it, but hey...  All in good fun right? :)

We'll have to try and meet up some time in March.  I'm sure the PSWCS guys who hang out on the boards here are probably going to do lunch or dinner one of the days and you'd be welcome along.  I'm always trying to get the out-of-towners to join us.

Saturday wheN I was there it was busier, but Friday was sort of slow.  The weather was so-so and Fridays are just weird times because of taking off work...  Sunday I heard was dead but I couldn't make it out because of scheduling.  I love going Sunday because I usually find better deals on "Junk" (I buy a lot of stupid stuff like ASP-7 droids for dioramas) that day.

My best finds were the vintage items on Friday.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1025 on: December 27, 2010, 09:43 PM »
Lots of great pickups lately from everyone. I thought I'd share my scores from CV and WizardWorld Chicago this past summer. Most of these figures are upgrades others are variants I needed. What's especially nice is that with the exception of the Yak-Face, I didn't pay more than $10 for any of the figures below...

R2-D2 (came in an opened baggie), Super clean Boba Fett, Molded Boot Rebel Soldier

Red-Logo AT-AT Driver, Admiral Ackbar, Snap Cape Jedi Luke (actually had the cape already, just scored the minty fig & weapons)

Hong Kong dark stripe Logray, Klaatu Skiff Guard, 8D8

Yak-Face

Baggies! AT-AT Commander & Prune Face

Other pickups not pictured include a POTF General Lando with blaster which was used to complete my POTF Endor Luke. Also a funny pickup was a POTF2 Jedi Luke that came with ROTJ Endor Leia's helmet & poncho.

Only 2 more figures for a complete loose collection, maybe 2011 will finally be the year...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 28, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Dude, awesome scores and pictures! Sounds like you cleaned up big time on those...much better than eBay prices.

I have not heard of the AT-AT Driver variant - what color is the "normal" logo?

The dude I won the Ewok Wagon from on eBay returned my money and is claiming now that the item was "possibly" damaged in a fire and he didn't want to hold on to my money while he figured out if it was ok or not.  ???

I'm not letting this drop though because I suspect there are some shenanigans going on. Either someone made him a better offer after the auction closed or he was not satified with my winning bid price. Either way, tough luck. I plan to ask him to honor the original bid anf if not, flame him badly with negative feedback. 
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1027 on: December 28, 2010, 05:29 PM »
Great additions, but I also have to ask the question about the AT-AT driver.  I looked at mine and he's got the red logos...I never thought mine was all that rare.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 28, 2010, 06:53 PM »
These are Pal & Tri Variant AT-AT Drivers from billyboystoys I found. More in the albums if you look. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 28, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Very cool stuff, but I thought the snap cape Luke came with a blue saber?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 28, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Very cool stuff, but I thought the snap cape Luke came with a blue saber?

I did not even notice that Brent... good eyes!

Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)

The cape was produced both with and without a snap. It is popularly believed that the version with the snap was the first produced, and likely due to cost restraints was replaced with the sewn-shut version. Though both versions were available with the earlier produced Blue Lightsaber, very few carded figures with the Green Lightsaber have been documented with the Snap Cape

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 28, 2010, 11:30 PM »
Thanks guys, it was a good year for vintage for me. Hopefully next year will be better.

McMetal - I hope you get that worked out with the Ewok Battle Wagon. Very suspect activity by the seller, more proof that using eBay is hazardous.

Dale - thanks for answering the question on the AT-AT Driver variant, you beat me to the punch. I was doing some online searching for proof of the variant and surprisingly couldn't find much even though I knew of it for years.

As for the Jedi Luke Snap Cape, according to this variation list on the Archive, the Snap Cape did come with the Green saber. I know the RS link posted references it, but I don't hold the RS Vintage guide highly when it comes to variations as it disregards, ignores, or even attempts to discredit a lot of documented variants. It is good though for quality pictures, so it does have its uses.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline SWJACK

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 29, 2010, 08:22 PM »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 5, 2011, 06:01 PM »
There is a heap of Luke Jedi info here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t504-craigy-s-luke-jedi-last-updated-02-07-2010 

That's an amazing amount of information. The guy who put that together did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing.

I was able to recently obtain a POTF Luke Stormtrooper recently thanks to a really good seller on RS. I've finally been able to complete the run of all movie carded figures loose!

I was really excited in getting this figure. Here he is with all his POTF brethren...

Just need Blue Snaggletooth and the original 96 will be complete!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 6, 2011, 04:04 AM »
Looking good!  I still need to track down all of the POTF figures, except for the easily affordable Anakin.