Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 413027 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1080 on: September 6, 2011, 11:01 PM »
Amazing scores once again bro, you are having a great summer no doubt. I am extremely jealous of that minty ATL Interceptor! It's the last non-action figure I need to complete my vintage collection. Outstanding work there.

I did just snag a boxed vintage AT-AT on eBay for the price of the new Republic Attack Shuttle. Sort of holding my breath on this one, description was somewhat vague and the photos not the best, but apparently it is complete and in good condition.

For the prospect of picking one up for roughly half of what these usually go for boxed, it's worth the risk IMO. We'll see.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 10, 2011, 12:35 AM »

Wow, you've been on a great run, it's fantastic to have all these pics to look through!  Of all the great items you got, I'd have to say the Cloud City Playset is the coolest.  I'm not sure I've seen one assembled before, it's certainly a fantastic display piece.

Oh, and congrats on the Dagobah Playset having the foam intact!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 15, 2011, 08:46 AM »
My Vintage AT-AT arrived yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised. The thing is in pretty great shape, complete with no discoloration and only minor sticker fatigue. The original box is somewhat dilapidated, but that was more of a bonus than anything. Haven't tried the electronics yet but look forward to testing it out tonight.

My vintage SW collection is now complete.  ;D

Although I would like to supplement it with a few more crazy variants, vinyl cape Jawa, Orange hair Luke and such. Oh, and some of the Palitoy swag. Dang, this could go on forever.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 21, 2011, 09:48 PM »
Happy to report I am the proud new owner of a complete, minty boxed ATL Interceptor courtesy of eBay. Super psyched about this one...the vintage vehicle armada is now complete!

One step closer to a complete boxed/carded DROIDS collection as well.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 22, 2011, 03:13 AM »
You need to give us some pics of all of these acquisitions you've made!  Especially since it would be nearly like looking at a complete vintage collection.  8)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 22, 2011, 09:17 AM »
You need to give us some pics of all of these acquisitions you've made!  Especially since it would be nearly like looking at a complete vintage collection.  8)

Thanks! You are right, but due to space constraints the vintage collection is all chilling in storage bins right now, so not all that photogenic. I could probably get photos at least of the DROIDS/Ewoks stuff though since it is at least a little more accessible.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 16, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Picked up a complete in resealed box "Ewok Fire Wagon" with Wicket and Princess Keneessa from the 1984 "Kenner Preschool" line.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 17, 2011, 12:11 AM »
Big weekend for DROIDS on eBay...I just missed on 2 separate 3PO auctions, but I struck gold the third time around by snagging a carded Sise Fromm. Not the best card condition, but I am pretty lenient as far as that stuff goes. Pretty psyched to have this guy off the list.

Now it's just down to C-3PO, Boba Fett, and that elusive A-Wing pilot. I swear the A-Wing guy seems even more scarce than Boba Fett, at least judging by how often they come around on eBay. Not easy to find that dude carded for the DROIDS line.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1088 on: October 18, 2011, 09:26 AM »
I was a little bummed at the vintage SW offerings at Comic Con this weekend.  Lots of Joes, He Man, Transformers, but not really SW.  Part of the problem is I have most of it, and what I'm looking for is slim pickings, but still.  I did see one seller with a loose Yak Face for $200, which is the first I've ever seen him in the wild.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 18, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Yeah, $200 for a loose Yak Face is ridiculous. Did it even come with the coin? I didn't even pay that much for my carded Sise Fromm.

It's frustrating when people have an inflated sense of worth for their items.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1090 on: October 20, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Um, $200 is probably a little high, but not outrageous.  I got mine for a hundred, but that was a couple years ago.  He didn't have the coin.  Good condition.  For a show and his rarity, it would have been ballpark for somebody.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1091 on: October 26, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Wow, you've been on a great run, it's fantastic to have all these pics to look through!  Of all the great items you got, I'd have to say the Cloud City Playset is the coolest.  I'm not sure I've seen one assembled before, it's certainly a fantastic display piece.

Oh, and congrats on the Dagobah Playset having the foam intact!

Thanks guys, it's been a lot of fun picking up the vintage this past summer and sharing it when I have the time.

McMetal - congrats on the nabbing your last boxed item, how's the accomplishment feeling?

Though we're halfway through Fall, there were two more summertime scores...

In Chicagoland, there's a great vintage store called Quake Collectibles. I've been going there for years, though as I move farther away from the city it gets more and more difficult. Anyways, the baggies were a CHEAP pickup - $2.50 a piece! But the biggest deal out of all of this was the moulded face Jedi Luke for only $7!

At the end of the summer, I went out to New England for a few days on vacation. In visiting my buddy Ash, we stopped at a pair of vintage shops known as Toy Vault. There I picked up a snap cape Jedi Luke for the express purpose of giving the accessories to my moulded face Luke I got earlier. Also the boxed MTV-7 was a nice snag as it was only $10!

The Summer of Vintage has ended and allowed me to practically double my collection. But the score is still rising, this past weekend was the Kane County Toy Show and I had some amazing finds there. Soon I'll have pics to share on those as well...

Cheers!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 28, 2011, 02:53 AM »
A couple weekends ago I journeyed out to a toy show on Vancouver Island and managed to find a number of great pieces.

CDN Luke X-Wing 77-back, unpunched -- I was ecstatic to find this, I couldn't believe the great condition.

CDN Lumat 77-back, Made in Mexico -- One of 2 figures on Canadian cards that can be found with the "Made in Mexico" label.

CDN Walrusman 20-back, RESEALED -- it was only $20, I figure even the cardback is worth more than that, and it displays beautifully.

CDN Star Wars action figure case -- The only case released in Canada that actually has the bilingual text, not bad for $10.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1093 on: October 29, 2011, 12:51 AM »
WOW.   :o

That is some great stuff.  Love the case.  I seriously have a vintage fix right now.  I haven't got anything in a long time and NYCC was a bust.  Must rectify soon...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 29, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Saw some nice vintage stuff today at a local comic convention. Carded Hoth Han ($150), carded Boba Fett ($500), etc. I picked up a loose Darth Vader for $10 because it had a perfect original lightsaber. I think the one I have already is tweaked somehow.

They had a nice bin of loose vintage Stormtroopers too, in various stages of degradation. Also a few Imperial Guards and even a Sim Aloo.