Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 412840 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1125 on: March 12, 2012, 01:22 AM »
Wowzers! Some pretty nice acquisitions here the past few months...  8)

Congrats on that display bin Darb... holy lick!  :o  Nice grabs on the figures Jesse, they look stunning...  8)

Keep those collections going gang, it's hard but getting what you want is the cream of the crop... takes time but very well worth it in the end... even if it is a Vlix or carded Droids Fett, yep on my list too...  ;D

I have not really been buying a lot lately, been focusing on my Space 1999 collection & of course those blasted Kubricks. I have picked up the odd items as they come along so my share till prolly CIV...

Spain Droids & Ewoks pvc figures.

Palitoy 45 back FX-7.

Canadian 31 back Toyfair Leia Bespin.

YPS Comic.

Last up is something I have been after for a few year & this puppy arrived last week & I am very happy to add it to my collection.

Lili Ledy Jawa.   ;D

He now joins his other brothers, the Vinyl Cape & Toltoys Jawa. Fricken' awesome!   8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 12, 2012, 03:46 AM »
Great stuff Dale!  Congrats on the Ledy Jawa, he looks great next to his brothers.

The Palitoy FX-7 will display well with your other FX-7's as well.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 12, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Wow, I always learn something new in here. Did not realize the Lili Ledy Jawa had a removable hood - cool! How does that compare to the Vinyl Cape Jawa in terms or rarity/price?

I'm kind of back onto vintage buying right now with the recent lull in Clone Wars offerings. Over the weekend I was lucky enough to finally pick up my Early Bird Double telescoping Luke figure. Pricey, but worth it. Nice to have knocked that off the list as well.

I recently got my annual bonus at work and was hoping to actually parlay some of that love into a VC Jawa, but the prices on those things seem alot higher than the last time I was looking.

I had a chance at a Toltoys cardboard Death Star playset (essentially a licensed version of the Palitoy release) over this weekend but I foolishly balked at the BIN price and put in a traditional bid hoping to get it a little cheaper. Not surprisingly, I woke up yesterday to find my bid had been cancelled. Some douche offered the guy more money and he killed the auction. (That should not even be allowed BTW, but whatever)

Still psyched about DT Luke though!  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 12, 2012, 01:58 PM »
Wow, I always learn something new in here. Did not realize the Lili Ledy Jawa had a removable hood - cool! How does that compare to the Vinyl Cape Jawa in terms or rarity/price?

Kinda rare, especially to find in a good condition. Prices vary, he has gone from $455.-$600 mark if not more. AFA'd ,well we know that story..  ::)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1129 on: March 12, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Those are amazing finds Dale.  Wow on the Jawa.  Very cool.  I've held off on a Lil Ledy Jawa, but I think he's in my sights now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 13, 2012, 12:48 AM »
I've been tempted by a VC Jawa a couple times recently, but I just can't quite pull the trigger on that much money for one figure...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 13, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Dale, that Lily Ledy Jawa is cherry.  Nice score man.  What's the Toltoys version?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 13, 2012, 02:35 PM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 13, 2012, 05:11 PM »
Australian Toltoys ESB Vinyl Cape Jawa

Thanks!  So, basically just a darker cape Jawa from Australia?  That would be easier for me to pass on than the Lili Ledy version with removalbe hoodie. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1134 on: March 15, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Very nice on the Jawa, I still need that one. I have been trying to find those Spanish Ewoks, where id you find them ?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 15, 2012, 10:41 PM »
Thanks everyone... yeah, I am pretty stoked on that LL Jawa, now I just need a carded Droids Fett & a Vlix & I am all set...   ;D

Very nice on the Jawa, I still need that one. I have been trying to find those Spanish Ewoks, where id you find them ?

Some place called RS, just have to catch them at the right time of posting & hope for the best... if you have the bling & can work out a deal, move fast before someone else get's it...

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 26, 2012, 02:03 PM »
I'm back in the game in one fell swoop-  my favorite carded vintage line has always been the POTF with their great coins and the nostalgia surrounding its cancellation and the "last 17," so I took the plunge and will have 14 carded total, including 10 of these last 17!  Sorry, no photos.     

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 2, 2012, 11:26 PM »

Wow, this is so frustrating...I cannot get any of my pics to post. What am I doing wrong? I inserted the hyperlink to where the photo is saved on Flickr between the two [img] prompts, but nothing is displaying?

I have a cool new addition to my vintage collection I was hoping to share, but it's not the same without visuals.

« Last Edit: April 2, 2012, 11:31 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 3, 2012, 12:04 AM »
Works his magic... ta-da! 

Very impressive!   8)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 3, 2012, 08:08 AM »
Sweet!  Where did you get the DT?