Collectibles > Vintage Kenner

Latest vintage acquisition

<< < (263/355) > >>

McMetal:
That's awesome, I dream about finds like that.

I picked up a few more vintage blasters over the past week, Hoth Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, etc and a couple of biker scout guns courtesy of eBay.

GrandMoffNick:
Picked up a complete w/ box Jabba the Hutt's Dungeon at a local comic shop yesterday. Not super exciting but fun to buy something.

Scockery:
Which version? Where the figures included?

GrandMoffNick:

--- Quote from: Scockery on June 30, 2013, 11:32 PM ---Which version? Where the figures included?

--- End quote ---

The Klaatu, Nikto, 8D8 one and yes they were included but in zip lock bags, not original baggies.

CorranHorn:
I sure have missed a lot of great acquisitions from you guys lately. I need to get my act together and check things out more often. Congrats to everyone.

I've been busy over the last few months, but had opportunities to pick up some vintage items along the way.

From a couple of stores here in Chicagoland (Quake & Forever Young), I picked up a sweet Collector Series Vader TIE Fighter and a few figures. I was looking to get a boxed DV TIE to help complete the run, but this piece was shocking. Not only was it inexpensive, but the vehicle is pristine - stickers unapplied and contains the original inserts. Likely it was opened, removed once or twice and then displayed as is. The Tig Fromm was a nice score too, helps me get ever closer to completing the Droids run. The die-cast Snowspeeder was a cheap $7 pickup..

Then at the Kane County Toy Show, it was quite a haul of cheap but quality items. An incomplete ESB Droid Factory set - I still haven't figured out what exactly is missing, not much though - along with 2 carded figures for $20 total, a couple of die-cast ships, and a Boba Fett Mailer for $50! I'm still researching the Fett, but I believe the box belongs to the Survival Kit, so not a complete set but for the price who am I to complain?

And most recently, I picked up a DROIDS A-Wing Fighter. It's only missing the inserts, but its a beautiful piece. It now brings me to needing only 1 vehicle (the Sonic Controlled Landspeeder) to complete the US run. Looking forward to that...

Picking up the A-Wing also will give me the opportunity to sell off a couple of loose A-Wings that I picked up last year off of Craigslist. But before I do that, I couldn't resist snapping a picture of 3 A-Wings together in flight. It's not every day you see something like this...

The break in the modern line has been a blessing. Picking up so much vintage is such great fun.  :D

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version