Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 412894 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1470 on: April 2, 2014, 07:23 PM »
Some new pick ups:

Very quickly found a companion for 3PO for a great price. Also picked up carded unpunched EWOKS Logray there in the back. Along with him came a loose Logray and what I thought was a Comics Figura Wicket, but pretty sure now is Disney:

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 2, 2014, 08:31 PM »
$50 isnt' bad for the cards if it's got all the series and they're in good shape.  The orange series, the last, is one of the hardest to get.  The Wonder Bread ones I've seen listed for @$15.  I wonder if he has the stickers as well?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1472 on: April 2, 2014, 11:35 PM »
Great recent pick ups everyone. Not much has been added to my collection lately, did score a very good Blue snaggletooth for $80 around the holidays.

Darby - good scores at Forever Young. That lady has been "closing" shop for years. How's the vintage selection at Kapow? I've been meaning to go there myself some day.

Dale - sweet Canadian header, looks to be in great shape. How are you displaying it?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1473 on: April 3, 2014, 07:32 PM »
Jason - Ka-Pow is well worth going to. Lots of great stuff to look at... Star Wars is hit and miss. He did have a boxed 12 inch Fett that was spectacular. I got my Sandcrawler there last fall. Higher priced than Quake for sure.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 4, 2014, 03:14 PM »
Another one down, three to go.

Added a loose Droids R2D2 to the collection today. No saber. Sticker is a little dirty and where the two ends meet it is missing a small piece of the bottom corner of sticker. But I'm happy with him. Paid a little more than I wanted to, but I still had some paypal sale balance and in the same lot I got the R2 Droids coin in a holder as well as a 1986 PVC Spain Droids C3PO.

Now I just need a relatively cheap Droids C3PO, Tig Fromm and Sise Fromm and, unless I win the lottery I'm not counting Vlix, I will be done with the "non variations" vintage figures.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1475 on: April 5, 2014, 08:09 PM »
Great scores Nick. Sise and Tigg Fromm are moving up my list, especially now that I finished off R2 and 3-PO. Oh, and these guys...

Amazing score of all four of these guys together for a tremendous price. All are complete save for Boba, who is missing the cape and gun. Otherwise a HOF score. Never imagined I own an IG88 much less ever see one, but now I do!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1476 on: April 7, 2014, 03:00 AM »
My boss is, I believe, going to be giving me her collection of childhood SW figures, and in a dark pic I was sent today while she was packing all of it up to bring to work and show me, I saw Blue Snaggletooth in the mix...  I'm kinda shocked. :)

Now if there were only an Amanaman staff in there somewhere. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 7, 2014, 07:40 AM »
Wow, giving or selling?  Pretty nice boss!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 7, 2014, 09:16 AM »
Yum. 12" IG88. I still do not have one of those. I think it's one of a handful of vintage items I don't have. Lucky dog!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 7, 2014, 09:33 AM »
Yum. 12" IG88. I still do not have one of those. I think it's one of a handful of vintage items I don't have. Lucky dog!

That is impressive.  I have one, but not stocked with the bandolier and grenades.  Niiiiiice.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 7, 2014, 09:41 AM »
Very nice pick up's Darb. Too bad you are looking for loose fig's, I have some carded that I have been selling off. Vlix, he is not going anywhere soon tho.

Great score Jesse, nothing like free stuff & from the boss!  ;D

Dale - sweet Canadian header, looks to be in great shape. How are you displaying it?

I also have the US header so was thinking of getting both done in the same frame. I have to wait till the Calgary Comic Con is done with at months end. A friend at work has been taking his stuff to the same place since the 70's & the frame work is fantastic so will be having them do the job. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 7, 2014, 11:21 AM »
Let me know what carded vintage you're looking to sell off.  I might be willing to buy or trade if you're looking for anything.  I've just about completed my vintage wall,  but have a few gaps yet to work through. 

Here are a few repro carded figs I picked up over the weekend.  I wanted variants of Brown Hair Luke and Small Head Han, but not willing to pay hundreds for them.  They look spectacular, but does the Small Head Han figure look touched up?  His hair and eyebrows are colored different than my loose versions.  He came from England and the guy swears he does not touch up his loose figs, but I'm not so sure now.  I snagged a vintage repro card Fett as well, but he his bubble got dinged in transit. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1482 on: April 7, 2014, 03:40 PM »
Actually giving.  She said she doesn't want any of it and doesn't want to sell it.  We talked about how condition etc is a major factor in value but that was before I saw snags.  I told her his value and she didn't seem to care.  Curious to see it all in person.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: April 7, 2014, 05:31 PM »
Gee, that's quite nice of her.  I should try and finish out my vintage collection some day... I'm missing a few... and not overly worried about condition.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1484 on: April 8, 2014, 01:14 AM »
She said she'd rather not be bothered with selling it...  I told her I'd look and see at the toy show this weekend, but she said she'd probably just bring them into work a day and let me geek out with the stuff.

She said the $ doesn't matter to her, but when I saw Blue snags in the pic I was a bit floored.  I am now anxious to get to see condition.  She said she found weapons and a carded Endor Han too, but the card is beat to piss.