Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409110 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1665 on: August 13, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Got a fitty cent Taun-Taun (open belly) at a yard sale. No reigns, but hey at this age, I'm happy the saddle is there.

Only other vintage find this year was a Rebel Commando amidst some 80's JOE. He's an honorary Joe, I guess.

Here's the taun taun in a deleted scene from Rogue One...deleted for being out of focus.  :P
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:45 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1666 on: August 16, 2017, 09:15 PM »
Hah I like that tower.  Can't quite place what it is but it works.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 17, 2017, 12:59 PM »
Hah I like that tower.  Can't quite place what it is but it works.

It is a small parts bin on top. Those plastic bins you can find at hardware and home improvement stores. I got that free at a yard sale with others that my father took to use as parts bins (how unimaginative!)

As for the legs...I've no idea.  I found a bunch of them at my local township's recycle dumpster and grabbed them because they looked like good props. Someday I'll probably get in trouble for taking stuff out of there. 

I didn't permanently connect the parts or anything, but it wouldn't be hard, just some screws or even glue.

I mean...uh...its a SPACE TOWER (tm) that I'll be selling soon for for the low price of $69.99 each. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 03:32 PM by Scockery »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 29, 2017, 07:01 PM »
Darth Vader carrying case...missing the upper things that hold figures and the lables...BUT...it had the original cardboard insert with picture of the figures. And it had gotten damp a bit  (tragically, from a brief early morning shower as the people had set up their sale) but seems to have dried out okay.

Inside was chewie's bowcaster. (and non vintage stuff).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:02 PM by Scockery »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 1, 2017, 12:39 PM »
Estate sale finds. ROTJ TIE Fighter missing one wing label $18. AST-5 with a C-3PO (rem limbs) inside for $8.

Some guy beat me to the Y-wing with box and loose B-Wing.  :(

Passed up a Snowspeeder for $28 and 1SP-6 for $12.  They also had a POTF2 x-wing in opened box marked $45.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 6, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Ok, so I'm way behind those of you here on the vintage forum, but I'm finally getting around to trying to complete the vintage run (loose). Over the last few months I finished the Star Wars lineup, and this week I got the last two ESB figures I needed, Bespin Guard and Imperial Commander. Now I'm moving on to ROTJ, where I have 7 figures left. I'm not counting different variations for now, just the main line run. I'm a little ashamed that I don't have a complete run after all these years, but it just kept getting put off due to expendable spending or just having years in the modern line that had 80-100 figures. I didn't have a great start from childhood, with only 17 figures I think total.

I don't know if/when I'll be able to dive into the POTF run, due to the prices, but maybe I'll treat myself to a couple per year or something. Other than that I'm moving onto beasts, and working on restoring my vintage Falcon and Snowspeeder.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 6, 2018, 03:45 PM »
Sounds like a fun project Brian!  I had a pretty extensive vintage collection, but embarked on a similar path a few years back to get completed ships, figure variations, etc.  It was a blast.  I still enjoy going through the old stuff more than almost anything made since the 90's. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 18, 2018, 04:13 PM »
Exactly. There is just something about those vintage toys. I'm having a lot of fun tracking them down. I think I have six Jedi figures left, then I'm going to start looking at things like the Wampa and Rebo band. It sure seems like vinty prices have taken an uptick since I was last actively looking. Some of the common Jedi figures I've been looking at are a little higher than I expected.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #1673 on: May 1, 2018, 09:34 PM »
I got a carded ROTJ Walrusman the other day. Card is a little creased but still displays good. I'm sure this is one of the "Made in Spain" figures. I need a list of the MIS and MIM ROTJ Kenner cards if anyone has one. 
He's no good to me open

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1674 on: May 2, 2018, 07:05 PM »
I got a carded ROTJ Walrusman the other day. Card is a little creased but still displays good. I'm sure this is one of the "Made in Spain" figures. I need a list of the MIS and MIM ROTJ Kenner cards if anyone has one.

Via the TIG Lili Ledy guide (http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1) below is a photo of all the Made in Mexico carded Kenner figures...

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #1675 on: May 17, 2018, 03:13 PM »
Thanks, I got the list from the otheR Site.
He's no good to me open

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: July 12, 2018, 08:26 PM »
Ok, as a little update to my earlier post, this past week I received in the mail the last two figures I needed to complete my loose collection of the first 77 - Prune Face and Rancor Keeper. I know most here probably have not only these figures, but the POTF figures as well, but it is sort of a "holy grail" goal for me so I'm pretty excited. Working on a way to get them displayed, and now I'm moving onto some beasts and the Rebo band. It sure is fun tracking down vintage toys again.

As a side note, it is amazing to see how much prices have risen on vintage stuff since the last time I was collecting them. Even things like the Rancor Keeper went higher than I thought.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1677 on: July 12, 2018, 10:50 PM »
I think that's an unfortunate side effect of Disney cranking out new movies.

Happy hunting Brian!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 7, 2018, 03:25 PM »
I think that's an unfortunate side effect of Disney cranking out new movies.

Happy hunting Brian!

Thanks! It has been fun. I've since picked up a few other things like the Wampa, Taun Taun, and Rebo Band. Hoping to track down a Dewback as well. I'm sort of trying to decide what to do about the vehicles. I only had two as a kid, hand me down Millennium Falcon and Snowspeeder from my cousins. I still have both and hope to try to restore them to their original glory. I started looking at the X-Wing, as it is one that I always wanted growing up. Even now, although underscaled and all that, I just love it's simplicity as a 70s/80s "space toy". I've just started looking, but sheesh do they seem pricey these days.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 8, 2018, 09:02 AM »
I didn't have a lot of vehicles when I was a kid either - mostly just the smaller stuff.  But I started picking them up here and there along with the playsets over the last few years and they weren't as hard to track down as I thought they would be.  You have to be a little patient, but you can generally find a good deal here or there on the Bay or at comic shops.  I used some soapy water and a toothbrush to get them cleaned up - you won't regret getting any of them.  I just nabbed another Snowspeeder at Hot Comics last week for $24.  Has most of the stickers, working landing gear, and all the parts except for the harpoon/string piece on the back.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2018, 09:02 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today