Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 222294 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1680 on: August 8, 2018, 11:44 AM »
The vehicles and playsets were awesome in vintage (although there are modern counterparts that show great improvements over what was made in the beginning).  The electronics in the snowspeeder were so cool back then and the playability of the Death Star and Falcon were great!
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: August 22, 2018, 01:38 PM »
After finishing up with the figures (aside from POTF), I've started looking into some of the other stuff. My first pickup, Luke's Landspeeder arrived this week. I never had this as a kid, but it really does hold up pretty well I think. Been watching some auctions for a Dewback or X-Wing next, but it has been difficult to find one complete (Dewback), or affordable (X-Wing). Also have the last replacement part we need for my daughter and I to fix up my childhood Falcon.

I've said it before, but I had to put vintage collecting on the back burner for awhile, but as I have been selling off a lot if modern stuff (from other lines particularly), I've been funneling some of that money into vinty toys. Between Star Wars and Real American Hero Joes, thus is the most fun I've had collecting in a long time.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1682 on: August 22, 2018, 01:50 PM »
Nice find Brian!  I've always liked the vintage landspeeder....the one I had as a kid is really beat up.  I might have to try and replace it in the future.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 24, 2018, 03:55 PM »
Newest addition. Note the bubble isn't sealed at all so it's technically loose with the packaging.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:56 PM by GrandMoffNick »
Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you