Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 412915 times)

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #765 on: October 11, 2009, 08:28 PM »
Bitchen, Rob - now get ready to suffer in the void.  ;)

Forgot I never posted pics of my Yakface - these aren't the absolute best pics, but they show the condition well. It's a great figure.

It's still weird to see him in my cabinet - that figure always seemed so unattainable for so many years.

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 12, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Picked up a carded POTF Warok and a carded POTF A-Wing Pilot at a comic book show on Saturday.  Paid a little more then I would have liked to for them, but I am very happy to add them to my vintage carded collection. :) 8)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 12, 2009, 10:25 AM »
That's awesome...I can't even find comics I want at comic conventions anymore, much less vintage figs.

What was the "ballpark" price of these items if you don't mind sharing?

I nabbed a replacement Death Squad Commander over the weekend on eBay but otherwise it's been pretty slow going for my vintage collecting lately.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 13, 2009, 08:21 AM »
That's awesome...I can't even find comics I want at comic conventions anymore, much less vintage figs.

What was the "ballpark" price of these items if you don't mind sharing?

I nabbed a replacement Death Squad Commander over the weekend on eBay but otherwise it's been pretty slow going for my vintage collecting lately.

$100 for the A-Wing Pilot and $150 for Warok. :'(  I did some checking on the prices online and that is about what they sell for and they are in very nice condition. :)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 13, 2009, 03:17 PM »

Forgot I never posted pics of my Yakface - these aren't the absolute best pics, but they show the condition well. It's a great figure.

It's still weird to see him in my cabinet - that figure always seemed so unattainable for so many years.

That IS an excellent Yakface Carpeteria3000! No paint rubs, do I see that right? Very very nice.

I've got my Yakface back for some time now, with some minor paint rubs on his hands. You see, I sold my own (from my childhood) to a sci-fi store in Florida in the late 80s for $10 or so. Stupidest thing I've ever done and I'm real happy with my current one.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #770 on: October 13, 2009, 07:25 PM »
No rubs at all - it's solid, and it was bought from an overseas ebay for a touch over $100. I'm happy with it, for sure.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 19, 2009, 11:16 AM »
Really working the Vintage angle lately with no new CW stuff coming out...

Picked up the Bespin Guard and IG-88 variants over the weekend. Man, it is hard to eyeball that stuff on eBay with any degree of certainty. I swear it took me 15 minutes just to figure out if I had the "long mustache" or "short mustache" version. And don't even get me started on those IG-88 eye stalks...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 21, 2009, 09:20 PM »
I got my IG-88 variant today and man, I am pleased with this one. A "true" variant, I can now see the subtle differences in the head sculpt as well as the awesome metallic finish. Much cooler than the dull gray I had growing up.

I also got a very nice Death Squad Commander, which is the next to last "replacement" fig I need. (Original Luke is last)

Still waiting on the Bespin guard to show up...along with a nice minty gray-hair Ben I needed.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 23, 2009, 09:40 AM »
Got the Bespin Long Mustache Guard yesterday in the mail...not quite as obvious a variant as I had hoped. Ah well, he was fairly cheap and off the List now.

Picked up Short Mouth Biker Scout last night on eBay. I don't see too many of these, and most look like foreign knock-offs. (Maybe that variation was only part of a foreign production run? Not sure...) Pretty happy about this one though.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #774 on: October 24, 2009, 03:47 AM »
Picked up Short Mouth Biker Scout last night on eBay. I don't see too many of these, and most look like foreign knock-offs. (Maybe that variation was only part of a foreign production run? Not sure...) Pretty happy about this one though.
[/quote]

the short mouth Biker Scout is a Mexican Kenner figure. Came in a Kenner card with a dull dark card back. most times with  pencil tip sized hole behind the figure on the card.
He's no good to me open

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 24, 2009, 02:37 PM »
Thanks dude, that's exactly what I had suspected...Lili Ledy all the way.

I would have preferred to restrict my collection to domestic variants but this is a pretty noteworthy one so probably deserving of its place in my stash.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 24, 2009, 04:28 PM »
Thanks dude, that's exactly what I had suspected...Lili Ledy all the way.

I would have preferred to restrict my collection to domestic variants but this is a pretty noteworthy one so probably deserving of its place in my stash.

Nice grab on this!  While it is foreign, it's a pretty cool variation and definitely stands out next to the regular one.  It's easily one of my favorites from the vintage line.  I liked it enough to snag one loose and one carded.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #777 on: October 24, 2009, 10:40 PM »
I've been meaning to post the last few days that my vintage loose figure collection is finally complete.  I snagged Yakface last week, complete with coin for a very reasonable price.  He's in perfect shape.  The pictures from my camera don't really do him justice, so I'm going to try and take some more tomorrow in better light:

A terrible picture of my collection:

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 24, 2009, 10:52 PM »
Some nice acquisitions posted here, keep it up gang.  8)

I have the Lili Ledy Scout Trooper & he is sweet.  ;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #779 on: October 25, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Some better pics of Yak as promised: