Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 410655 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #915 on: March 21, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Finally snagged a nice A-Wing Pilot on Saturday night for a better than average price. The auction listing did not include the hyphen, so I think that helped. (If you search eBay on "A-Wing" it won't display listings for "A Wing" apparently)

The last few remaining figures on my want list are going to be pricey, so I'm looking at knocking out a few more of the remaining playsets first. Only 15 items total to go and I'm done. :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #916 on: March 21, 2010, 10:50 PM »
Cool.  It always pays to search ebay for mis-spellings and non-hyphens.  Glad you lucked out.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 22, 2010, 04:57 AM »
You've been on a tear picking up some great stuff for your vinty collection.  It'll be great to see pics when your all caught up.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 22, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Thanks guys, I am working on cataloguing my vintage stuff now and clean-up and pics are next on the agenda. (Then finding a suitable long term storage option - no room to display, unfortunately)

I kinda dig the bargain hunting...it's a bit tedious, but there are some good scores to be had out there if you know how to look.

BTW, I got my B-Wing in the mail Friday and this thing blew me away. Never had it as a kid, but the design is marvelous, and it has some serious heft. One of my favorite pieces so far, for sure. Also convinces me more than ever that the Twilight could be rendered just as awesomely if Hasbro would give it a shot.

My original goal for completing my vintage collection was August-September, now I'm thinking June/July, if all goes well. Some of the remaining items are pretty hard to come by, not to mention pricey as hell. Imperial Sniper will be a tough get, methinks.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #919 on: March 22, 2010, 11:24 PM »
As promised, pics of the ROTJ Jawa and Klattu I picked up this week:

Back:

Klattu front:

Back:

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #920 on: March 22, 2010, 11:46 PM »
Haven't read that Emperor sales pitch in a long time. Very nice scores.  :)

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 23, 2010, 03:29 PM »
Some people dislike the price tags, but they're pretty neat on the Klaatu.  Gotta love those clearances back in the day.  8)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 23, 2010, 03:49 PM »
Haven't read that Emperor sales pitch in a long time.

Me neither and it was nice to take a gander at that too.  The Emperor is one of the very few vinty SW figs I had as a kid...  Ah - and there's that damn cane I always kept loosing.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #923 on: March 23, 2010, 07:20 PM »
I kind of like the price tags, actually.  I can see a MOC collector not wanting them, but it adds a certain character.  Memories - Woolworth's!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 25, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Wasn't planning on making any more additions to the vintage collection this week, but $50 for StormTrooper Luke was too good to pass up. I bid early and figured I would get boatraced by other bidders at the last minute, but no other bids even came in...weird.

He's not pristine, but 100% complete with original helmet and blaster. Looks pretty good to me, aside from some faint discoloration on the shoulder (apparently from the cardback).

I can only speculate that the seller's omission of the word "vintage" from the auction listing reduced visibility. He did have "POTF" in there, but not everyone focuses on that when searching eBay.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #925 on: March 25, 2010, 06:56 PM »
Wow.  Nice score.   :)  It's amazing the luck you can have sometimes.  I nabbed quite a few of the POTF figs for little ($62 for Pop Up R2) and other nice scores ($32 for the ROTJ Jawa, $20 for the boxed Jabba's Dungeon, and so on).  The deals are out there!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #926 on: March 25, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Actually, just got home and found the brown snake Yoda I won recently in the mail.  I've been after this one for a while. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 25, 2010, 08:44 PM »
I really loved the Brown Snake Yoda variant because the cane and facial coloring were noticeably distinct as well. This is one of my favorites!

I still haven't decided if the "green snake" version is really a true variant or not.  :-\

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #928 on: March 26, 2010, 09:53 PM »
My crazy run continues: got my ESB vinyl carrying case today.  I'll post some pics later.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #929 on: March 27, 2010, 07:23 PM »
ESB vinyl carrying case pics: