Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 413627 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #930 on: March 27, 2010, 10:09 PM »
Great pics, Darby...I totally remember having that thing. I may need to pick this up for pure nostalgia.

I kept my run going this weekend too by picking up what appears to be a pretty decent Star Destroyer playset. Description and pics were a bit vague but for $20 shipping included I can't really complain.

Down to about 13 items left on the list plus some miscellaneous swag now...can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 30, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Snagged the POTF Stormie Luke and R2-D2 collectable coins last night. I just missed on the Luke "No Eyes" variant, but was able to win the regular version as a consolation prize. The R2 coin was a measly $4, which amazes me because the actual figure (w/Pop-Up lightsaber) is so damn expensive. It's the exact opposite of the Anakin situation - cheap figure, very expensive coin. That I get, because of the limited carded quantities that actually included the coin, as opposed to the mail-away figures in circulation. But it seems like the R2 coin would be as elusive as the actual figure, and thus command a relatively comparable premium price. (It was definitely the Category 1 version - I know there are multiple versions out there)

I'm not complaining by any stretch, just seems kinda odd.

I got my Stormie Luke in the mail yesterday, and he looks even better than I had hoped. :) Now that I have the coin on the way I can scratch him off my list entirely. Glad to have the R2 coin too, because I rarely see auctions for that figure with the coin included. He is next up on my figure list, followed by Blue Snags and Yak Face and then I am done with figures - yay!

That Yak Face POTF coin is going to be a real bear...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 30, 2010, 11:15 AM »
From the Toy Show this past weekend.   ;D

These Canadian pieces were opened & then stored back in the day, stickers were never used & all parts still sealed in the baggies. The box for the Speeder Bike is in awesome condition but the best of the 3 is the Canadian Endor Forest Ranger for my focus. I have been after that sucker for along time.  8)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 30, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Cool grabs!  That Ranger is in great shape and a rare find.  I only have a few vintage boxed items, but had to get that speederbike as well.  Easily one of my favorite Christmas memories of all time.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline amvader

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 30, 2010, 06:49 PM »
From the Toy Show this past weekend.   ;D

What toy show?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:18 AM by Jeff »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #935 on: March 30, 2010, 09:32 PM »
Those are great.   ;D  That's one segment I've been holding off on - mini rigs.  So awesome.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 31, 2010, 02:41 PM »
Not quite sure what or why I'm still buying stuff at the moment, but it appears I am.  Don't think I've loaded these pics yet so my latest two carded figures:

12-back R2-D2.  Card has a bit (well, maybe considerable) of a wave to it, but is otherwise nice.  I think it can be flattened out considerably so I'm pleased with it.  Fit my $100 criteria for 12-backs as well.  ;)

Next up is an Empire Strikes Back Dengar.  Boring character, boring figure but now the bounty hunters are complete save a Boba Fett.  Not at all sure where I'm going with carded stuff - I'm about half done the collection on original cards with a lot of trilogo cardbacks thrown in for the ROTJ figures but I still have yet to decide.  I neglected to take a shot of the back, but it is a 41-back with the survival kit image across the bottom, pretty cool actually.

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 31, 2010, 03:32 PM »
$100 12-back eh?  Pretty nice Brent.  Unpunched too.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 31, 2010, 04:45 PM »
All six of my 12-backs have been $100 or less.  I currently own:
R2-D2
C-3PO
Death Squad Commander
Jawa
Princess Leia
Sand People

Obviously that leaves the major players behind and they likely won't fall to my price range but I'll have to see how they go.  I have Obi-Wan and Vader on trilogo cards, so they're satisfactory stand ins for now. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #939 on: March 31, 2010, 07:45 PM »
Great pieces.

I still think that's a great goal, and very attainable if you're paitent enough.  I've been looking at carded lately too, and not sure why.  I know my primary goal is the Jawa on each card (SW, ESB, ROTJ, POTF) and maybe a Snowtrooper and Yoda, but I think I do want a set of 12 backs.  God, help me.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #940 on: April 1, 2010, 01:09 AM »
Good scores all, I wish San Diego had a toy show all we have is the Con and everything there is outrageously priced.those guys want to pay for the plane tickets by selling one vintage figure.
He's no good to me open

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 1, 2010, 04:19 AM »
I picked up a small piece at the Edmonton Toy Show (same one that Dale went to) this past weekend.  Just a neat Canadian cardback:

It`s known as a transition card because it`s actually an ESB card with a ROTJ logo sticker!  Instead of repackaging leftover ESB stock onto the new ROTJ cards, Kenner Canada used this shortcut.

You also gotta love how the original owner was able to get 2 POPs out of this card by peeling back the mailaway sticker on the back.  ;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #942 on: April 1, 2010, 07:10 PM »
That is a really neat piece.  Congrats! 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 2, 2010, 06:03 PM »
The R2 card is sweet Brent, 12 backs under $100. are sweeter.  ;)

Yeah, that transition cardback is sure sweet. I happened to get the other transition that Jesse passed up.  ;D

The TIE Pilot transition is beat to ratshit but I could not pass it up.  :P
The Canadian FX-7 cardback I picked up today from my good friend Ryan. Also picked up some other stuff at the show.

The Rebel Commando was from Shane's show & the Canadian Leia I picked up today from the smme person I got the vehicles from last week.  8)

I never collected figure cases but this one was in good condition so why not, another pick up from today.

The ESTES catalog sure brought back memories, I had all the SW rockets back in the day & crashed them all... lol! The only one I rebought was the Maxi-Brute.

This item from the antique show is this GDE 12 back card, another item from my good friend Ryan. Not often GDE's come up except the carded ones on the bay that command a couple of grand. Carded is to rich so this unpunched cardback is perfect to add to my collection.  ;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 2, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Great finds Dale!  That GDE card is a beaut and the rocket catalog is uber cool.

BTW, PM headed your way.