Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 410409 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Latest vintage acquisition
« on: February 24, 2005, 11:07 PM »
Been wanting it for years, and it took an extra few weeks, but it was worth it!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:40 PM by bobafett14 »
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Ooh, thats a very nice Xerox box with feather duster.  :D  J/K

Man, thats in very nice condition, Congrats on acquiring this piece of nostalgic history.  8)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Very awesome!!! That must be really nice to have.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 09:56 AM »
Ooh, thats a very nice Xerox box with feather duster.  :D  J/K

Man, thats in very nice condition, Congrats on acquiring this piece of nostalgic history.  8)

Thanks, and check out the condidtion on that "Pullman" egg box...don't see too many in that condition these days do ya ;^)
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 01:40 AM »
oh that's sweet man, a great piece to pick up. i remember first seeing that game in an arcade at six flags great america in like 92, i had never seen it before and from that point on i kept lookin for it. was lucky to find a rom for it on mame several years back. a fun game to play. congrats on the pickup!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 04:23 PM »
I can't see the picture. :-[

Hey, why don't we make this the official Vintage Acquisitions thread?

I just picked up the desert sail skiff mini rig and the Land of the Jawa's playset last night from a collectors shop, both loose.

The mini rig completes my regular mini rig set. Of the POTF ones, I have the Desert skiff and need the other two. I also need the ewok battle wagon, but don't know if that qualifies as a mini rig.

The Land of the Jawas is actually the first of those cardboard back drop playsets I've ever owned. It was in very good shape as well. The base and the escape pod were pristine clean with the stickers nice and sharp. The Cardboard was in very good shape. There are some dings, and the top two corners were a little creased, but over all, it's very solid. It also has all four of the standies and the elevator is incredibly clean with a pristine sticker. I'm very happy with it.

Now I need only 17 more loose vintage items to complete my collection. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 09:40 AM »
For Father's Day I got a couple of loose Vintage figures that I needed.

Luke, Leia, and Death Squad Commander
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 12:15 PM »
What a thoughtful gift.  Congratulations and I hope that you enjoyed fathers day.

DBK

For Father's Day I got a couple of loose Vintage figures that I needed.

Luke, Leia, and Death Squad Commander

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 02:24 PM »
My most recent is a complete Death Star w/ box as I have mentioned in another thread.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 05:33 PM »
I just scored a Luke Bespin and a grab bag of accessories.

I know where most of the accessories go, but there are a couple I'm not sure of. I think one piece belongs to a bigger playset or vehicle, and there's a cape that I don't think even belongs with vintage Star Wars, since I've looked on 12back.com and thumbed through Sansweet's books and still I cannot identify either part.

I did get a robe for Luke Jedi, a cloth Jawa robe, some Ewok headresses, and the main reason I bought the set, removable limbs 3PO's bag and Jabba's pipe and bowl. I also got a Bib Fortuna robe and a broken Squid head cape that I'll need to get rid of somehow. I also got a ROTJ product catalog that's been scribbled in, but it's still neat to see it anyway.

I think it was worth the $7 I paid for it.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 12:12 AM »
definitely sounds like a good deal. what parts are you not sure about? got a pic, perhaps we can help?

in the meantime, I finally have a picture of some of my recent acquisitions as while I was in montreal for work, a nice little package arrived in the mail for me. it was the final piece to the puzzle of a long awaited complete POTF General Lando. Many thanks to DBK for hooking me up with the blaster, this is the first time since 85 I've had a complete Lando, way cool! I wanted to wait until I got the blaster to take this pics, so I'm happy to share them with you all...

The Millenium Falcon I bought at C3, it's mint and complete with all parts and came in an ESB box w/ SW photoart. I got all of the figures off of eBay and includes the first complete Green Saber Jedi Luke I've had since the late 80s. Thanks to Billy Boy for helping me identify the Brown Hair Luke as the light brown early Hong Kong Luke with uber-thin tip (which you cant see due to the angle of the pic). Also to round things off are two more steps to a complete loose vintage set, as the Han and Amanaman leave me with only 7 more POTF figures to go, woo hoo!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 05:20 PM »
Nice acquisition CorranHorn!  I just got an Amanaman a little while ago (finally!)

Here are my 2 latest vintage buys:

Vintage Luke Stormtrooper

Vintage ROTJ Vader MOC

About $50 each, and now I've almost got all of the vintage figures!  Just need a few more... ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 12:51 AM »
definitely sounds like a good deal. what parts are you not sure about? got a pic, perhaps we can help?

I would, but the computer I'm using now doesn't have a digital camera port, or at least I can't find it. It's not on front, and it's not on back.

To be perfectly honest, I think they're just junk thrown in to make the bag feel heavier. I was just happy to get another Jawa robe and the 3PO's bag.

I noticed that the pipe and bowl is missing the stand for the pipe and bowl. I really have to watch these things more carefully.

This store has another bag full of lightsabers and blasters, but I'm not sure if they're repro or vintage, since the bag is sealed by some factory. They look real, but I can't be sure, and if I'm going to blow $20 for a bunch of vintage weapons, I'd like them to be the real deal.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Not sure if this counts, but I won this today.

Ebay linky.

I had a difficult time finding one that had the handles and snowshoes intact. At least there isn't much competition for this guy. Makes the fact I got outbid on a v1 Leatherneck, Dusty, and Shockwave a little easier to swallow.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 4, 2005, 02:09 PM »
Very cool, Snow Job was one of my favorite little Joes, he’s long lost and I don’t collect G.I.Joe anymore, but I do have this dude who might be considered his 70’s ancestor:

mmmmmmm, proto-joe
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini