Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 410521 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #240 on: February 6, 2007, 03:33 PM »
Thanks Matt, I'll have to check and see which I have. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline mash

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 6, 2007, 04:57 PM »
Firstly I will introduce myself My name is matt i am 32 and have been collecting for about 3 years now since discovering my box of figures and ships in the attic. I am 3 figures away from a complete loose collection these are EV9D9, Amanaman, Bluesnag.

My latest purchase is Luke Stormy but it is not yet with me. :'(

I am also a big fan of hammerhead and have quite a few eye variants as soon as I work out how to post a pic :-[ I will let you have a look.

Thanks people this sight is a great read and I have been using the info for a quite a while

mash
always looking for other 80's figures ghostbusters, thundercats, heman, a team, battlestar galactica etc

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 6, 2007, 08:08 PM »
Great stuff Brent, congrats on the poster collection.  8)

The RS archive has pics of different versions of the Luke Jedi. Out of the 2 versions that I own, I have the one Luke that just has a normal cloak has the Hong Kong coo & the face & hand is painted in darker flesh, sort of pink. The other Luke (snap cape) has the Taiwan coo & the face & hand is painted in a lighter flesh.

Edit: got me versions mixed up a tad.  :-[

I'll also note that both the blue sabers are different in color & length, the Taiwan Luke has a dark blue color & the Hong Kong Luke has a light blue color plus it is a tad shorter than the Taiwan version. Both check out real to me, did the old scratch test & they look fine. Need more info on these.  :-\

Welcome to JD Matt (Mash), have a looky in this picture thread of posting pictures, hopefully it will help you out.  :)

I received these in the mail today, Droids & Ewoks card game from Spain. 33 cards in all with scenes from the Droids & Ewoks cartoon. Has an instruction card but all the printing is is Spanish.

« Last Edit: February 6, 2007, 10:26 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 6, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Welcome to JD Mash - look forward to seeing some pictures from you.

Dale, the first time Luke blue saber I got three years ago failed that same scratch test!  Luckily, I got a refund with no problems so it was nice to finally get a legit one.  Mine is the Taiwan version.

Also, just as an FYI - I had a minty Jawa and was going to do the "switch a roo" and noticed that the v/c one was slighlty darker - actually my wife pointed it out and the trademarks were slightly larger in size.  A noticeable difference.

Nice pick ups!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 6, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Here is a pic of both my blue sabers. The Hong Kong is on the left & the Taiwan is on the right. Looking at the Armory Of The Jawas Repro Photo Guide, the end of the handle is more rounded & the guard is round. Tho light blue & glossy, it is not painted but molded in blue plastic. I am thinking this one is fake.  :-\

Offline mash

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 7, 2007, 04:53 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome 8)
 here is the pics of my hammerheads hope you like them
anyone on here have any different ones for sale let me know cheers

First picture Left to right are: Eyes straight ahead no coo, 1 left 1 down HK, No eyes HK, white eyes HK, black eyes HK 8) 8)

Left to right are: Eyes left no coo, 1 left 1 ahead HK, eyes left HK, Eyes Right No coo. 8) 8) 8)

By far the hardest to find was the eyes right hammerhead it took months.

always looking for other 80's figures ghostbusters, thundercats, heman, a team, battlestar galactica etc

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 7, 2007, 07:18 PM »
Your welcome, just curious why the focus on Hammerhead? 

The no eyes and white eyes could the paint have been removed or painted over?  Or legitimate errors from the assembly?

Thanks for the warm welcome 8)
 here is the pics of my hammerheads hope you like them
anyone on here have any different ones for sale let me know cheers

First picture Left to right are: Eyes straight ahead no coo, 1 left 1 down HK, No eyes HK, white eyes HK, black eyes HK 8) 8)

Left to right are: Eyes left no coo, 1 left 1 ahead HK, eyes left HK, Eyes Right No coo. 8) 8) 8)

By far the hardest to find was the eyes right hammerhead it took months.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 8, 2007, 07:19 AM »
I was wondering the same thing about hammerhead.  I see a lot of vintage collectors with like ten variations on a figure that I would think are just bad paint applications and not legit variations like the Yoda snake color, Lando w/ and w/o teeth etc.  One guy I saw said he had like 12 different X-wing Luke variations which I thought were really paint apps.

Offline mash

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 8, 2007, 03:05 PM »
just bad paint applications and not legit variations

Edsolo you are absolutely right mate these are just paint variations i would not class them as true variants but I enjoyed just seeing how many I could get with different eyes.

The no eyes and white eyes could the paint have been removed or painted over?  Or legitimate errors from the assembly?

Kahuna no idea really and no way of proving it either way, the ham heads all still have the paint around the neck so if they were stripped and repainted they done it very carefully.

why did i focus on hammerhead he is cheap and i already had 3.

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 11, 2007, 06:25 AM »
I just got the complete vintage collection that my brother used to own. ;D
3 vehicles: millenium falcon, an endor speeder and a snowspeeder.
A lot of figures too, most of them with original gear and stuff....

A shame that my brother used too play with em, but even getting them for free is a surprise ::)
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #250 on: March 2, 2007, 01:15 PM »
I just picked up a MOC death star droid. I wanted one without paint missing. yellow bubble but not bad.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #251 on: March 7, 2007, 07:08 PM »
Here are my 2 latest purchases. Glasslite C-3PO  ;D

« Last Edit: March 8, 2007, 10:25 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2007, 12:20 PM »
Congrats and those look nice.  Post  a pic of the VC Jawa when it makes it to it's new home.

Here are my 2 latest purchases. Glasslite C-3PO  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2007, 12:01 AM »
Yes, Congrats. Very nice cards, looking forward to seeing a pic of the VC Jawa too.  :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2007, 12:12 AM »
Just got a short mouthed v. Biker Scout to add to the vintage display.  Now I just need to find a reasonable price on a Blue Snaggletoof.  :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today