Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 414307 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #300 on: July 8, 2007, 12:43 AM »
My very first bootleg, a Polish unarticulated Han.  Not real sure if I want to keep it though.

Nice unarticulated Han, congrats on the first boot.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2007, 03:10 PM »
Got my fourth one a little while ago (far right):

Need to clean his hair, which has been painted with some kind of marker. Should pose no problem.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 13, 2007, 10:55 PM »
Okay, I'm curious - what's the difference?  Or are you army building Stormtrooper Luke's?

I'm currently in the market for one and have been watching them on eBay- he's one of the last 4 figures I need to finish out my set.

As for latest acquisitions, this week I picked up the parts I needed to finish my Slave I, bought an Ewok Glider, just sent a money order out for Han and his Carbonite block, and received the bare base for a Probot and Turret set (had the rest).   Also picked up a Dewback and the side door for the AT AT Walker I'm restoring (from my co-worker).  And I've got a few more items coming in the mail, one of which I'm very very excited about - more on that when it gets here.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2007, 10:09 PM »
I scored a Han with Carbo Chamber of ebay last week and received it today. God is this thing mint. Han looks fresh off the card. I never had one as a kid so this acquisition has been a long time coming.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:11 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Congrats on the Han, nothing like getting a minty fresh figure.  8)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 21, 2007, 06:55 PM »
My Han/Carbonite got here this morning.  :)

4 figures and a couple of upgrades to go and my loose set is finished.  Until I start looking for a VC Jawa and a small-head Han and a brown-haired Luke and so on...   :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 23, 2007, 10:49 PM »
The one I was excited about came this afternoon!   8)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #307 on: July 23, 2007, 10:53 PM »
WTF! Where is that from?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 23, 2007, 11:26 PM »
About 4 or 5 years ago Ryan Shaw did a small run of custom Gargan figures.  It's been a long time coming, but I finally managed to obtain one. :)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:59 AM by Rob »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #309 on: July 24, 2007, 06:31 AM »
That is so awesome, i very much want one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 24, 2007, 06:01 PM »
wow... i can't believe someone gave one of those up.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 5, 2007, 11:46 PM »
Well after a lot of q-tips and cleaning and a lot of eBay rummaging for missing parts, I've completed all the items from my co-worker.  This whole thing has me completely back into vintage now... I've tracked down most of the figures I still needed to finish off my loose collection (4 to go) and started buying Kenner Baggie figures.  Here's some pictures of the latest stuff:

Leia is new, got the gun from the co-worker and won her on ebay for an astonishingly low $4.25 - the pictures were blurry and the cape was real dirty - but it all cleaned right off and the paint is pretty much perfect.  Luke is new - I'll need a saber with a tip eventually.  Ben's saber is new too (the old one was missing the tip).  Artoo is new, he's pretty much perfect and is the third one I've owned to find a good one.  2 of the Jawas came from the co-worker and Small Head Han is a new addition too.

One of the Ugnaughts came from the co-worker, and Brown Haired Luke is a new pick up.

Han and Carbonite is a new pick-up

Best acquisition yet, Yarna!  Also the Jedi Luke and his weapons came from the co-worker.  I'm pretty sure mine had repros, and he had a nose ding.  This one has perfect paint and now I know the weapons are original.  I kept the snap-cape from my other one.

A-Wing Pilot is a recent pick up (eBay) - as are 2 of the Biker Scouts (from co-worker)

The Dewback is new.

The Playset and Mini-Rigs came from him (had to buy the base for the playset online).  The Baggie Figures are my new joy... Klaatu, Weequay, Hoth Han, and Madine are in the mail now...

Slave one was a bitch to clean up - sticker gunk everywhere... replaced the cockpit glass and had to get a boarding ramp for it.  Missing some stickers but otherwise great.  Even with the cockpit glass and ramp I spent under $35.

Ewok Village was a big clean up too - he gave me what he had for free on this one.  I bought two of the rails, the fire pit, the drum, the glider, the rock, and the net on eBay... Came out real nice given the before pictures.  I think I spent about $25 total on the village and $12 or so on the Glider.

The Y-Wing is from him too - he said it was one of the last toys he got as a kid... like new, has the bomb, required very little clean up.  The Snowspeeder is complete except for the Harpoon Block - which I should have soon.  That one was a gift from someone else, but I recently got the Harpoon and the rear exhaust cones added.

The AT-AT came from him, I gave him $30 for it - had to buy a side door ($15) and clean the crap out of it.  The chin guns are legit... the legs have those yellowed sections but other than that it came out fantastic.  For $45 total I'm definitely not complaining.

Lastly, the AT-ST and Cloud car were his too - had to get a second canopy (thanks Paul if you're reading this) and had to buy a side gun for the AT-ST, but both came out great.  Spent about a total of $30 for the pair.

And there you have it.  It was a lot of work, but there's something real rewarding about bringing these toys back and getting them cleaned up and into the collection - not to mention the reduced cost on a lot of them.  So it's onto the next project...  Baggie figures, Blue Snag, Stormtrooper Luke, Pop-up Artoo, Yak Face, turtle neck Leia, Brown Hair luke, an upgrade to warok... POTF Coins, and more vehicles/playsets are up next.

I've definitely re-caught the bug.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2007, 11:55 PM by Rob »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #312 on: August 6, 2007, 12:23 AM »
Rob,

That's a great collection you've put together in such a short time. It's good to see you've caught the bug, collecting vintage can bring a lot of joy as you reminisce and look back on your own toys to add to the display.

Cheers!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 6, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Looking really sharp Rob, coming along nicely.  :)

I've tracked down most of the figures I still needed to finish off my loose collection (4 to go)

Which 4 are you down too? Blue Snag, Vinyl Jawa, Luke Stormtrooper, Yak Face...

I've definitely re-caught the bug.

Yeah, vinty is the way to go, glad you caught the bug.  8)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 6, 2007, 01:06 AM »
Which 4 are you down too? Blue Snag, Vinyl Jawa, Luke Stormtrooper, Yak Face...

Thanks guys!

The four are Blue Snag, Luke Stormtrooper, Yak Face, and Pop-up Artoo (the one in there is a Droids one, and it has a repro saber).  After those, I'll probably try to get into the Droids line.

Rob,

That's a great collection you've put together in such a short time. It's good to see you've caught the bug, collecting vintage can bring a lot of joy as you reminisce and look back on your own toys to add to the display.

Cheers!

For the record, most of those loose figures were assembled slowly over the last 5 or 6 years - I bought most of them in college and got down to needing about 10 and then took a 3 or 4 year break.  In the last few months I've added 1977 Luke, Leia, Artoo... A-Wing Pilot, Han Carbonite and the Max Rebo band.  I've also upgraded a few that weren't up to the standard I'm trying to set, leaving four - 5 I guess if you count that VC Jawa - which I do want to get eventually.  I'd also like to pick up a Smiling Lando, turtle neck leia, brown hair luke, etc...  I've got a few more I'll upgrade, like Warok and the Death Star Droid.