Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 410422 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #495 on: December 12, 2008, 10:32 AM »
One of my long sought after grails arrived in the mail yesterday, a Canadian Regal Jawa.  8)

Tho not complete, he's missing his bandolier, pouch & tag. When you press on his left hand, he squeaks.  ;D

More info on womprat.com & the archive.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #496 on: December 12, 2008, 12:20 PM »
That is so awesome, i have wanted one of those for years.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 13, 2008, 02:57 AM »
Another awesome addition Dale.  I still remember my buddy having one of these when I was a kid, I should have traded him for something.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 13, 2008, 12:30 PM »
I'm looking forward to the unveiling.  Are you still working on the Trilogos?

Sort of on the trilogos.  I'm sure you're aware the prices for a lot went through the roof a couple of years back.  So I watch most of the auctions but very rarely bid on them once they get above what I'd like to pay.  I have most of the cheaper figures on trilogo I think, but not all.  Honestly I don't search very hard, so I miss lots of the less than perfectly labeled auctions where the good deals can be had. 

I'm just sort of tired of collecting in a lot of ways though, with not having had much displayed for several years.  Now the carpet is causing a huge delay in the room, until January ::)  After that the huge task of putting stuff out.  I'm totally overwhelmed at the prospect of doing that stuff.

But I am almost halfway through the 12 backs now and have a couple of other Star Wars carded figs, plus some ESB carded figures to go with my trilogos (and I think I might have one or two ROTJ/POTF cards too).  Not totally sure, but I might have about 20-30 of the figures carded now.  With around 30 of the figures made being on relatively inexpensive ROTJ cards, that's not too bad.  I don't think I have mny ROTJ cards, though I know I have POTF and trilogo versions of ROTJ released figures.  The last 17 will be a big pain, of course.  I'm sort of toying with a collection of each figure on its original release cardback :-X

The most annoying thing I own is a Star Wars carded Power Droid where the glue on the bubble dried up and just fell off :'(  I had it carded and now it's loose.  I'll probably reglue it but I don't know what kind of glue to use for best appearance.  It's sitting there in the star case, the figure in the bubble lying in the bottom of the case and the card sitting perfectly.  It's quite tragic.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 13, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Ouch, tragic is right.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 13, 2008, 06:35 PM »
i got these 2 guys kinda recently.   i was pretty happy.  i have been looking for these 2 guys at a decent price for quite a while.  that just leaves me needing bossk to finish my esb's and emperor, rancor keeper and 4 ewoks to get me to "collect all 79".

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 13, 2008, 07:17 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, pretty.  8)

I must say at least you guy's focus on certain items to try & complete an area of a focus, not like me bouncing all over the place.  ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #502 on: December 14, 2008, 07:55 PM »
I received these beauty's in the mail today.   ;D

Polish bootleg TIE Pilot, AT-AT Driver & Boba Fett still attached to the sprue trees.

Dale, I'm not too knowlegeable on bootlegs but are the biker scout arms legs used on all these?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:56 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 14, 2008, 09:27 PM »
Dale, I'm not too knowlegeable on bootlegs but are the biker scout arms legs used on all these?

Ah yup, most of them.

In another attempt to keep costs low the bootleggers used a uniform set of limbs for almost all of the figures. In fact 16 of the 20 figures all share the limbs of a Biker Scout. Of the remaining 4 figures 3 of them; Pruneface Weequay, and Barada, have Tie Pilot limbs, and Leia is almost always the only one to shown up with AT-AT Driver limbs. There’s been one Zuckuss to also show up with AT-AT Driver limbs as well as one Death Star Gunner and two ATST Drivers to show up with Tie Pilot limbs just proving once again how you never know what will turn up.

Archive Polish Bootlegs

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #504 on: December 20, 2008, 02:04 PM »
One of my long sought after grails arrived in the mail yesterday, a Canadian Regal Jawa.  8)

Tho not complete, he's missing his bandolier, pouch & tag. When you press on his left hand, he squeaks.  ;D

He's so cuuuuuuuuuuuute :D

That's a really great pickup, this would have been a fun one to have as a kid.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #505 on: December 20, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Over the last few weeks I've suddenly caught the bug again and have started upgrading some of my loose figure with more "minty vinty" versions and I'll be replacing some of the more heavily worn figures first.

The worst offender I had was my original Leia as Boushh, where my childhood dog had chewed on her helmet enough for puncture it in several places and her body had a few teeth mark on it. Well today I received a heavily worn carded version of her off ebay for a decent price. Although it felt odd in a way doing so, I removed her from her yellowed bubble and she now has a place front and center in my collection.

From the looks of it, Ree Yees might need an upgrade soon. Those eye stalks have seen better days.  :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:37 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 22, 2008, 03:46 PM »
I won a couple auctions on eBay tonight that may have opened a large can of worms - 2 carded figures.

They arrived a couple days ago.  Unfortunately the box was beat to hell and the small amount of padding inside did nothing to protect them.  :'(  I've e-mailed the seller so we'll see what happens I guess.  It's just such a damn shame that these figures stayed MINT for 25 years until this happened.  :-\

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 22, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Wow....That really sucks Jesse.  Probably a good example (at least for me despite the high prices) as to why I haven't gone down the carded vintage road.  Sorry to hear/see.   :'(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 22, 2008, 10:47 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEK!

I have nightmares about stuff like that.  What a waste, but at least they are still sealed.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 22, 2008, 11:39 PM »
Nightmare indeed. What a shame, they were good cards from those auctions.  :'(

Hopefully the seller will compensate you Jesse.