Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 410554 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #705 on: August 15, 2009, 12:01 AM »
Just met Jeremy Piven at the movie theater.   :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 15, 2009, 12:04 AM »
Yep - if you're still in town, the air show is tomorrow, and it's free.  10:00 to 4:00 at the North Avenue Beach.  My girlfriend was at home and was calling me to ask what the hell was going on outside.  :)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #707 on: August 15, 2009, 01:14 AM »
Yep - if you're still in town, the air show is tomorrow, and it's free.  10:00 to 4:00 at the North Avenue Beach.  My girlfriend was at home and was calling me to ask what the hell was going on outside.  :)

All morning at my office downtown jets were soaring past the high rises, oh the fun this time of year brings. Most importantly, you're both in town for the beginning of Bears season. This is the yea..... er no wait only Cubs fans are that out of touch with reality.  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #708 on: August 15, 2009, 04:04 PM »
I was downtown yesterday morning, and an F-16 was gunning down Lake Shore.  Scared some older folks on the street until they realized it was for the air show.  I got a picture of one going past the pine comb towers on the river I'll try to post.  Not that great a pic anyways.

Back to vintage, with the A-Wing Pilot I scored at Quake, I need only Stormtrooper Luke and Yakface.  WTF, is that all?  Jeez.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 16, 2009, 02:40 AM »
Before we return to the regularly scheduled program...I caught the last 4 hours of the air show today.  ;D

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 02:44 AM by Rob »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 16, 2009, 02:45 AM »
Are vintage figures flying those?   :P

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #711 on: August 16, 2009, 02:50 AM »
The P-51 is a vintage aircraft.  And the F-15 is from the base where my first operational assignment was.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 16, 2009, 03:29 AM »
I'm not sure what you're seeing Dale, but those are all X-Wings and TIE Fighters.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 31, 2009, 03:14 AM »
I won a Imperial Gunner on ebay for $30 and I sent payment and I got a email from the guy, he say that he accidently sent it in the wrong package, anyway he refunded my money and sent me a free vintage stormtrooper for my troubles. I got it the other day and it wasn't a stormtrooper, it was a Vintage Stormtrooper Luke !!!  :o it had a little yellowing but nothing serious, I didn't have one I was like  ;D check off my list.  I will have a pic soon.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 31, 2009, 12:08 PM »
I picked up Walrus Man and R2-D2 last night for less than $12 combined. I actually already have both figures but the condition is pretty poor. R2's stickers did not survive well over the years, and Walrus Man had some rather unfortunate burn marks to the face. (Yes, I was a disturbed kid  ;) )

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #715 on: September 1, 2009, 11:43 PM »
I'm headed back to Chicago on the 11th for the U2 concert  ;D and planning a return trip to Quake.  Have you had a chance to go there, Rob?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 2, 2009, 12:48 AM »
I picked up Walrus Man and R2-D2 last night for less than $12 combined. I actually already have both figures but the condition is pretty poor. R2's stickers did not survive well over the years, and Walrus Man had some rather unfortunate burn marks to the face. (Yes, I was a disturbed kid  ;) )

Ha!  We used to use fire crackers, lighter fluid and gasoline on the 1/35 scale military models we used to build. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 4, 2009, 11:26 AM »
I'm headed back to Chicago on the 11th for the U2 concert  ;D and planning a return trip to Quake.  Have you had a chance to go there, Rob?

I did.  Cool store, but I probably won't go back.  I've got pretty much a complete set of the modern, and other than a little bit of vintage it seemed like he mostly just had tons of older late 90's / early 2000's stuff.  He couldn't get Gentle Giant stuff which is pretty much all I buy in those kinds of stores nowadays.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 6, 2009, 09:42 PM »
Picked up a Desert Sail Skiff Mini-Rig for $5 + shipping today, looks to be in pretty good shape.

Also nabbed a Han Solo w/Trenchcoat, non-camo lapel version, for about $8 total.

Slowly but surely, I'm narrowing the list...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 10, 2009, 11:51 AM »
This is killing me, yet it's not.  I haven't bought anything vintage in over a year, probably closer to two years.  I'm just not that interested in anything although I still need a Yak Face to complete my loose set.  I haven't added anything to my Han focus in a while and am actually debating selling my MOC Hans so fund a new Les Paul guitar.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.