Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 412806 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #885 on: February 11, 2010, 09:45 AM »
I have to say this guy was pretty fair.  He pegged a "value" of $60-80 for the Blue Snags and $3-7 for all the others, which is better than what you'd probably find on Ebay.  After fees, that's maybe all you would get when selling, so nice for someone to think of pricing that way.  Of course, we priced my stuff  at lower end ranges too to make it even.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 11, 2010, 03:08 PM »
Yeah, I think you came out pretty well. Depending on the quality of the playsets, those would have been worth $25-$50 each on eBay, not sure about the total value of the misc swag but it works out pretty equitably IMO.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 18, 2010, 10:36 AM »
Meh, this barely even merits a new post, but I picked up the Vintage A-Wing Pilot POTF coin for $3 on eBay. I figure this will help expand my options for picking up the actual figure since I don't have to worry about picking up one with the coin included. (Of course, that same logic got me stuck with 2 Ewok coins, but whatever)

Really hard to pick up any good deals right now because all the vintage prices have spiked since X-Mas seemingly. Hope that is just temporary.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 18, 2010, 11:22 AM »
So, I have a vintage 12" Fett that is in really good shape and am thinking of selling.  It has the jetpack, missile, gun, wookie braids, cape, etc.  The only thing missing is the string on the back connecting missiel to jetpack.  I'm thinking of getting rid of it and have a buyer, but have no idea what it's worth.  I've seen complete ones for for $20-100 and not sure what the drivers are based on the wide range of pricing.  I have seen parts go for $20-25 on their own (Jet-pack, missile, braids, cape)...would it be best to sell off the pieces as scrap or as a whole?  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #889 on: February 18, 2010, 12:22 PM »
Quick search on ebay shows loose complete Fetts going for $60-80. I think parting it out might get you a similar sum, based on the same search. The braids go for about $30-40 alone, though, so it might get you more to break it up into several auctions.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 21, 2010, 09:54 PM »
Picked up a great bargain on a vintage battle damaged X-Wing...snagged a very minty version with great color and stickers for only $15. It's missing the canopy and 2 of the wing guns but those are easily procurable on the cheap. I really liked the overall condition of this item and the price seemed to good to pass up. It helped a lot that the seller failed to include the words "x-wing" or "battle-damaged" anywhere in the auction title.  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 25, 2010, 09:41 AM »
Snagged the Land Of Jawas playset cardboard backdrop yesterday. I already had the base and Pod, so this should complete the deal. Although I may still need to pick up the vertical cardboard inserts and possibly the figure pegs, auction was a little vague if these were included. Still, for $16 I can't complain too much. Condition looks pretty good.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #892 on: February 25, 2010, 10:48 AM »
I was able to pick up a boxed complete Jabba's Dungeon (83 version, 8D8 and crew) with some of the figs still in their baggies for $20.  Yep.   :)  I wasn't even looking for it, but no one bid on it and I thought, what the hell.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 25, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Great score Darby. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #894 on: February 25, 2010, 08:18 PM »
That was always a pretty cool toy.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #895 on: February 25, 2010, 08:43 PM »
It is.  I have both versions boxed now, and that's pretty awesome.  I'll upload a pic here soon.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #896 on: February 25, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Nice - the 8D8 is worth it alone!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 25, 2010, 10:14 PM »
It is.  I have both versions boxed now, and that's pretty awesome.  I'll upload a pic here soon.

There are two versions?  I just do not know enough about vinty variations.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #898 on: February 26, 2010, 09:01 AM »
Yes, there's the '83 version (orange box) with 8D8, Klaatu and Nikto.  And they released a new version (green box) in 84 with Amanaman, EV-9D9, and Barada.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 26, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Yes, there's the '83 version (orange box) with 8D8, Klaatu and Nikto.  And they released a new version (green box) in 84 with Amanaman, EV-9D9, and Barada.

Ah, I see.  But the loose playset itself is the same, correct?