Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 410488 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1440 on: February 10, 2014, 01:31 PM »
I recently picked up a Small Head Han for my carded collection.  Pricey, but he's in great shape on an unpunched card.  Only knock on this is that the bubble is just starting to peel away from the card a bit. 

I also recently won an auction for a vintage GI Joe Headquarters.  I thought this might make a nice custom addition to my Death Star platform.  Not sure now though since it is HUGE.  Man, Joe had some cool toys back in the day.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 11, 2014, 02:17 AM »
Neat GI Joe find!  You could go either way with this, perhaps a Rebel base on Hoth or part of the Death Star.  Pretty cool.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 11, 2014, 07:24 AM »
Very cool Justin. Very cool
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 11, 2014, 08:27 AM »
To make a short story long:

Recently I bid on a Tig Fromm Droids loose coin and watched it sell for $49 plus shipping. Which is like four times what I would have paid. There has been another Tig Fromm coin on ebay for a handful of weeks that was with an actual figure that was graded by UKG, but the seller says the case broke so he removed the fig and was just selling the coin still in it's holder inside the combo plastic case that would have had the figure. It still has the UKG sticker showing grades of the fig and coin with the coin being an 85.

He had slowly been dropping the BIN price with make an offer a choice. This morning it was down to $20 so I offered $12.50 and he accepted. With shipping it's still less than $15. Nothing about the one that went for $50 made me aware it was pristine so why did I get mine for so cheap? The case is somewhat obnoxious for sure, but I can't believe it would be that hard to open if I chose to.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 11, 2014, 01:41 PM »
Nice grab!  I think a lot of things are just timing.  When is someone looking vs. when someone is selling.  I almost pulled the trigger on a Han Endor clear label variant a few weeks back for $20 when it was one of the only options I could find to get the figure.  I procrastenated and now there's a dozen different options out there, most much cheaper.  Ebay definitely rewards the patient.  I've also had really good luck emailing people that haven't been able to sell something to buy direct.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 14, 2014, 02:33 PM »
Picked up a loose Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Playset. It is missing the hatch door, the gun, and most important to me the top part of Vader's chamber. That said it was less than $10 total. Hopefully with some patience I can get the other pieces cheap. I am, however, the type of person who is willing to pay a little more total if I can pay in "installments" so I am happy.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 14, 2014, 04:11 PM »
Picked up a loose Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Playset. It is missing the hatch door, the gun, and most important to me the top part of Vader's chamber. That said it was less than $10 total. Hopefully with some patience I can get the other pieces cheap. I am, however, the type of person who is willing to pay a little more total if I can pay in "installments" so I am happy.

I might have a lot of that stuff for you...let me check when I get home. I have doubles of the SD playset along with the Ewok village.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 14, 2014, 04:16 PM »

I might have a lot of that stuff for you...let me check when I get home. I have doubles of the SD playset along with the Ewok village.

Cool

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 20, 2014, 04:08 PM »
Just nabbed a sealed on a cut card Droids Sise Fromm coin on ebay. VERY cut card, as in I have pretty much a rectangle cut around the coin, but still like that it's "uncirculated" AND am happy that the back of the card is where the picture of the Sise Fromm fig itself is.

Now I at least have something that came in the same package as the Sise and Tig figures with my other recent purchase. (yeah I have weird theories)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 1, 2014, 10:46 AM »

Sorry, I spaced on this, but just checked and here's what I found:

I have the gun that goes on the front
Did not have the hatch door - sorry
I have the top of Vader's chamber, but it is missing the cap to the very top of the cylinder where the batteries go in I believe

LMK if you're interested in either of the 2 pieces above and I'll be happy to work something out.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 1, 2014, 11:57 PM »

Sorry, I spaced on this, but just checked and here's what I found:

I have the gun that goes on the front
Did not have the hatch door - sorry
I have the top of Vader's chamber, but it is missing the cap to the very top of the cylinder where the batteries go in I believe

LMK if you're interested in either of the 2 pieces above and I'll be happy to work something out.  :)

I am interested! I've never bought something not on ebay or a website so let me know what you are thinking. Thanks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 14, 2014, 08:37 PM »
Back in 2012 just before Celebration VI, I acquired a grail piece called Vlix. Now I have acquired another grail piece for my collection. IIRC, 9-10 of these are known in collectors hands.

GDE Canadian 12 back store display bin header.  8)

Think vintage collecting will take a break now.  :-X

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1452 on: March 15, 2014, 01:14 AM »
Wow. Amazing score!  ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 15, 2014, 09:30 AM »
Very cool!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 16, 2014, 01:12 AM »
Holy ****, Dale, congrats!  What an amazing find.