Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409053 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1680 on: August 8, 2018, 11:44 AM »
The vehicles and playsets were awesome in vintage (although there are modern counterparts that show great improvements over what was made in the beginning).  The electronics in the snowspeeder were so cool back then and the playability of the Death Star and Falcon were great!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: August 22, 2018, 01:38 PM »
After finishing up with the figures (aside from POTF), I've started looking into some of the other stuff. My first pickup, Luke's Landspeeder arrived this week. I never had this as a kid, but it really does hold up pretty well I think. Been watching some auctions for a Dewback or X-Wing next, but it has been difficult to find one complete (Dewback), or affordable (X-Wing). Also have the last replacement part we need for my daughter and I to fix up my childhood Falcon.

I've said it before, but I had to put vintage collecting on the back burner for awhile, but as I have been selling off a lot if modern stuff (from other lines particularly), I've been funneling some of that money into vinty toys. Between Star Wars and Real American Hero Joes, thus is the most fun I've had collecting in a long time.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 22, 2018, 01:50 PM »
Nice find Brian!  I've always liked the vintage landspeeder....the one I had as a kid is really beat up.  I might have to try and replace it in the future.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 24, 2018, 03:55 PM »
Newest addition. Note the bubble isn't sealed at all so it's technically loose with the packaging.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:56 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 11, 2020, 01:45 PM »
Well, I participated in my first Facebook Live Stream auction on Sunday night.  Found it by chance scrolling through some groups I'm part of and it was all vintage figures and memorabilia. I stayed on while watching football and it was a lot of fun chatting with other bidders and seeing what stuff goes for.  Couple of rarer figures and POTF going for several hundreds of dollars.  Their process was to just live stream the event and reset the 2:00 clock every time there was a new bid.  Worked out pretty well I think.  I ended up snagging 6 Stormtroopers with blasters, 2 complete Snowtroopahs, and 4 cloaked Jawas (only one blaster). 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 27, 2021, 12:35 PM »
While on a trip mid-cost CA, I randomly stopped into an antique shop and found the Droids ATL Interceptor. Got it for $50. Loose.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: February 28, 2021, 03:56 PM »
While on a trip mid-cost CA, I randomly stopped into an antique shop and found the Droids ATL Interceptor. Got it for $50. Loose.

Nice score!  That is a tough one to find for sure.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: March 12, 2021, 01:38 PM »
I bought the X-Wing a few months ago, but that and this Falcon that arrived a couple days ago are my latest pickups... I still need a TIE Fighter, A-Wing, B-Wing, Imperial Shuttle, Skiff, Sandcrawler, and Rebel Transport to have all the major vehicles.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: March 12, 2021, 07:05 PM »
That falcon looks awesome!  Hell, so does the X-wing!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: March 14, 2021, 04:03 PM »
Those look minty fresh.  Nicely done!

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #1690 on: April 27, 2021, 11:04 PM »
went to a thrift store and got a AT-AT, AT-ST, Twin pod cloud car, a X-wing and a 2008 Rancor with Luke and he still had the bone banded on his hand. all the vintage had little pieces missing but they are super clean. got them all for $200.00 so I can't complain much.
He's no good to me open

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 29, 2021, 12:08 PM »
went to a thrift store and got a AT-AT, AT-ST, Twin pod cloud car, a X-wing and a 2008 Rancor with Luke and he still had the bone banded on his hand. all the vintage had little pieces missing but they are super clean. got them all for $200.00 so I can't complain much.

Nice score!  I'm buying about as much vintage stuff these days as modern.  Earlier in the month I snagged a local buy that included a complete boxed Death Star with foam, Falcon with training ball, TIE Fighter, First 12 Stand with cardboard, and about 40 figures with weapons including Blue Snaggletooth.  Not a cheap purchase, but I am a sucker for the old stuff.  Constantly looking for variations I don't have or upgrades.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: June 11, 2022, 04:53 PM »
Added my 2nd Uzay figure to my collection today with the addition of a TIE Fighter Pilot.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: August 24, 2022, 12:18 PM »
Picked up my first carded Power of the Force figure - Romba.  Unpunched and super nice card with yellowed blister.

I've added this to my wall that will ultimately have a carded version of each major product line since 1978.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 24, 2022, 12:40 PM »
Very cool. I miss buying carded vintage figs.