Author Topic: Commander Bacara...thumbs down  (Read 6843 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Commander Bacara...thumbs down
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 07:30 AM »
Sure, the figure over all is a dissapointment, but it could be a lot worse. At least his figure isn't a true army builder.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 11:15 AM »
I agree that he's nice to look at...which is really all I do with them anyway.  So, not a huge deal.  The poseability etc suck though

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Commander Bacara
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 06:50 PM »
I was finally able to hunt down Commander Bacara and now that I have him in my grubby paws, It's time for a review.

Sculpt/Features: 9/10
The sculpt on Bacara was very well done, you could tell the Hasbro designers spent a lot of time on this baby. The helmet looks very snowtrooper-ish which is a big plus. The skirt/kilt thingy is well sculpted and and snaps on and off most nicely. Bacara has the same "quick draw" feature as the #6 Clone and works about the same, squeeze the legs, you know the drill.

Articulation: 7/10
Other people have said how bad the articulation on Bacara is but I'm not a big stickler for articulation so that's how it gets its 7/10 rating.

Paint: 9/10
The paint was done nicely, very crisp and clean. The only sloppy area on mine was on the belt but only ever so slightly.

Accesories: 10/10
Ya can't ask for much more in Bacara's accesories, you get the shorter blaster rifle, a heavy blaster rifle, removable kilt, and a whole lotta cold, jedi-killin' attitude. The short blaster rifle is basicley the same as previous versions, and frankly I prefer this to the heavy rifle. The kilt is all new and a good sculpt.

Pricing: 10/10
$6 at most retailers.

Overall: 9/10
Bacara is a good addition to your Imperial Forces and beside the so-so articulation, definatly worth the Lincoln and Washington. I don't think we'll be seeing his snow clones under his command anytime soon, but this is the next best thing.

Photos:
I'm too lazy to take my own, so looky here: http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0549bacara.asp

Offline Errex

• Youngling
  • Gra'tua Cuun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 10:48 AM »
Commander Bacara's figure exists just to show that there are worse clone figures than the AT-TE Gunner.

Those custom figures look awesome. If I can get my hands on a second Bacara, I'm definitely using it for the parts.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2005, 01:07 AM »
This figure reminds me of those talks you get from your parents: "I'm not mad, just disapointed".
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 12:21 PM »
this is exactly the kind of figs i wouldn't advise to open :P
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 06:52 PM »
I am an Idiot.
I bought 2 of these.
I went to TRU and I got 2 Clone Commanders(Green) and 2 BACARSAS...well, I am mad at myself because I didnt grab a Super-articulate and a black clone pilot instead of the Bacaras.
Clone Commander Appo.