Author Topic: When will the ROTS clearances start?  (Read 58093 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
When will the ROTS clearances start?
« on: November 1, 2005, 07:07 PM »
I think it's just a matter of time... but will it be before, or after Christmas?  Wonder how low we'll see the stuff go?  Some places have a ton of it... what are everyone's predictions here?

I say Target/Walmart will be first, and TRU will hang onto the full prices until the bitter end... probably for a couple years...

But with the other two main retailers, I see the figures hitting the $3.00 price range before too long, and who knows after that.

Thoughts?

:P

Offline SGT. Flint

• Youngling
  • Th'is I... The Price Of Punk
    • View Profile
Re: When will the ROTS clearances start?
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2005, 07:29 PM »
I say TRU will have all their figures on Black Friday for $3.00 and on Target's side, I say clearance will hit sometime after Black Friday.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2005, 09:14 PM »
Hopefully soon for my sake.  The Target I work at has over 90 Neimodian Warriors!!!   :o

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 1, 2005, 10:25 PM »
My local Targets already put the Unleashed line on clearance.  I got both Obi-Wan and Ani for 3.74 each.  Going for Assaj this week at 3.74.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 1, 2005, 10:32 PM »
Ran into a Hasbro Rep at the Layton Utah Target today. He shared with me that Hasbro and Target have changed the SKU for the Nemodian Warrior, and as soon as that sku hits in the next week, that figure will be hitting the clearance shelves if not taken back.

That will help to increase shelf space and orders at Target since the Target system limits the amount of ordering until product is cleared out.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 2, 2005, 12:13 AM »
I'd gladly build a Neimodian army if the clearances hit for it.  The figure's cramming pegs around here, but I'd say at most maybe 3 or 4 pegs full of him at any given stores.  That's not a horrible ammount and it certainly leaves room for new stuff, but he just isn't going anywhere unfortunately.

I think Target will lead the way with clearances though, as they pretty much have since the line started and haven't shown signs of changing their trends.  Wal-Mart will, as always, be spotty.  Some will hang on while others will clearance...  Unless of course they need to pave the way for Saga06 to come in like they had to do with the change from OTC to POTC/ROTS... 

TRU will just make a dedicated peg to ROTS figures like it does with leftover Saga, and leftover POTJ slop. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 2, 2005, 12:42 AM »
Since Saga figures won't be hitting in huge quantities until December/January, I wouldn't expect any large scale ROTS clearances until after Christmas - what better way to get rid of tons and tons of product than to sell it off during the holidays?

They'll clearance out what's left after Christmas to make room for newly arriving Saga product.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 2, 2005, 01:16 AM »
As usual, I think Rob hit it on the head. Christmas is coming, SW is still hot.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 2, 2005, 01:28 AM »
i'd say after X'mas as well since most kids would want Star wars toys on their wish list. but that may change once XBOX 360 arrives.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: November 2, 2005, 04:38 AM »
After X Mas for sure, if not sooner.  Good news about the Neimodian, but actually at my Target, the AT RT Driver and Obi Wan Pilot are more abundant than him, only because they got like 20 cases of those with only 1 Bly and Gree in it.   ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: November 2, 2005, 05:03 AM »
I got slammed with AT-RT Drivers and Obi Pilots out here in the last month.  The area's stores all seemed to get this wave, and kind of like the SA Clone I have to say that they sat at a certain saturation point but they've dwindled.  HOpefully the same can be said for your area Spuffy.

I'm surprised how many we had but now how few there are...  SA Clones are the same.  I need to do a tally on what I've got for Clones and decide if I need to get to a specific "round" number like I usually like to do or just call it quits because the SA Clone is NOT pegwarming but rather he's steadily marching out the doors.  Hasbro just seemst o have finally found that right ammount of them out there for everyone to find enough.

The AT-RT Drivers did the same, and I went from seeing as many as 20 at one store to now seeing no more than 3 at any given store.  That's a hell of a sales rate if you ask me. :)

The Obi Pilots are sometimes more easily found, but not often.  They're about the same...  And oddly enough the Mustafar sentry isn't even pegwarming.  Nothing is really sitting here save for Mothma, Palpatine, Organa, and the Neimodian.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: November 2, 2005, 05:12 AM »
I think my Target overdid it.  Nothing is moving, not even #41's now, and they're the only place in town that has these figs.  I figure they'll dry up as we get to the holidays though.

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 2, 2005, 07:37 AM »
Since Saga figures won't be hitting in huge quantities until December/January, I wouldn't expect any large scale ROTS clearances until after Christmas - what better way to get rid of tons and tons of product than to sell it off during the holidays?

They'll clearance out what's left after Christmas to make room for newly arriving Saga product.

That's when they clearanced Saga a couple of years ago. Red tags multiplied in December all through Christmas, and then the next wave of Saga appeared at full price. The one with R1-G4 I think.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 3, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Thanks for sharing all of your opinions, past occurances and predictions.

If the Nemoidian Warrior is clearanced (how cool would it be to find them priced around a buck!), I'll add onto my dozen or so that I already bought at full price.  Excellent for custom fodder - mainly Separatist troops.

:P

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 4, 2005, 01:05 AM »
Well in a way they've started. Found the Wookiee Flyer on clearance at three different Targets this evening. It was 10.48
I remember my dream now.