Author Topic: When will the ROTS clearances start?  (Read 58083 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: When will the ROTS clearances start?
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2006, 01:56 AM »
I found a Mace vs. Palpy for 9.98, four Target Utapau Shadow Troopers for $6.48, and some odds and ends... I was hoping to find some legos but they don't seem to have been clearanced.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2006, 04:36 PM »
... I was hoping to find some legos but they don't seem to have been clearanced.

Lego are what I'm hoping gets clearanced more than anything else.  Still need some of the more expensive sets.  I'm really hoping for a Turbo Tank on clearance but it seems that they have all but disappeared around here.  :'(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Good find on those Shadow Troopers. Wish I could find that good of a deal. Mikey I think the Turbo Tank is still on the Target Planogram so I don't know if they went on clearance or not.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Good find on those Shadow Troopers. Wish I could find that good of a deal. Mikey I think the Turbo Tank is still on the Target Planogram so I don't know if they went on clearance or not.

Yeah, none of the Lego sets have hit the Target clearance racks yet.  The Turbo Tank is gone even at full retail, suprisingly.  The higher cost sets usually sit.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2006, 06:57 PM »
Well I'll keep my eye out for ya. I know the ones around here are at full price. Any particular price your going for?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Well I'll keep my eye out for ya. I know the ones around here are at full price. Any particular price your going for?

Definitely not full price.  I'd would like to see it drop to around $50 or so.  I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm going to keep my eyes open around here (I might get lucky at WM).  If I need any help, I'll let you know.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 07:54 PM by Mikey D »

SilverZ

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2006, 01:38 PM »
The wretched clamshell cases finally dropped into reasonable pricing territory last night, and I picked up a bunch of sets for $2.48 each.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2006, 06:02 PM »
The wretched clamshell cases finally dropped into reasonable pricing territory last night, and I picked up a bunch of sets for $2.48 each.

I picked up some up today also.

I also got SW Trivia Pursuit for $11 and SW Risk for $5.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2006, 09:57 PM »
Wow! Risk for 5$! What a score Jay! I just played against my bro over the holidays...It has such a SW feel to it and is far different than reg. Risk. 8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2006, 03:37 PM »
Alright, this morning I ran into what I gues was a return of a ton of E3 figures, probably about 40. Over half were Neumodian Warriors and the others were either Zett or the Mon Colamari, all really beat up. They were $1.18 a peice. I left, came back a couple hours latter with the family for regualr shopping, and they were all gone. So my question is, why do people clear out a find like that? To return stuff on valad recipts? Store for latter? Sell for bulk on ebay? It left me scratching my head.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2006, 01:31 AM »
I'd have wanted teh Zet's and Neimoidians for army building and customs.  The Neimoidians would've been my priority and maybe one Zett... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Alright, this morning I ran into what I gues was a return of a ton of E3 figures, probably about 40. Over half were Neumodian Warriors and the others were either Zett or the Mon Colamari, all really beat up. They were $1.18 a peice. I left, came back a couple hours latter with the family for regualr shopping, and they were all gone. So my question is, why do people clear out a find like that? To return stuff on valad recipts? Store for latter? Sell for bulk on ebay? It left me scratching my head.

Well if someone returned them, all they would get (to my knowledge) is the clearance price so it may very well have been figs that were stashed or in the stockroom.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Even with valid recipts? I've talked to several people who were going in the evening to make returns getting full price back and then showing up first thing to re-buy the same items at clearance price.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2006, 03:37 AM »
The only store that's putting a time limit on things right now is TRU I believe...  Target, WM, and K-Mart just require a receipt to get back what you paid, and Wal-Mart may not even require that at ALL stores.  I've returned things with just a sad story about my receipt getting lost and got back full price...  Not that I got them on sale to rip them off of course, I just didn't have a receipt for something I am sure I couldn't afford and didn't need so I wanted the $ back.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2006, 01:32 PM »
In my area those Target bastards only give back the clearance rate regardless of when you purchased...EVEN WITH A RECEIPT!

All other retailers in my area give back full sale with tax with receipt and was returned within 90 days of purchase.

So far different than your experience Jesse.