Author Topic: Star Wars Insider  (Read 15746 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Star Wars Insider
« on: March 21, 2005, 10:13 AM »
For those of you that are subscribed, have you received the latest (Obi-Wan on the cover) issue yet?  I saw via the Official Site that it shipped to subscribers on March 11, but it hasn't shown up here yet.  It might still be coming (hits newsstands next Monday I guess), but I was just curious if mine was just late, or perhaps got skipped, or if anyone else had even received theirs yet.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Insider
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 04:05 PM »
Well, nevermind, I received mine today in the mail :).  Nice to see that purdy poster of all of the ROTS figures up close and personal, I sure wouldn't mind creating a display similar to that, if I had the necessary "skills" :).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 05:28 PM »
I got mine Saturday Mosnab.  They took FOREVER with this issue.  I got my last one before anyone on the net had even reported them shipping at any site I visit, and this time I'm one of the last...  It's weird.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 08:17 PM »
I still don't have mine...  :(

the Mailman must not be finished reading it yet.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 11:27 PM »
Is that poster of the figures a foldout from the magazine, or is it an entirely separate poster?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 10:10 AM »
I got mine Saturday Mosnab.  They took FOREVER with this issue.  I got my last one before anyone on the net had even reported them shipping at any site I visit, and this time I'm one of the last...  It's weird.

Yeah, I guess that's why I got curious as well Jesse.  Last time I got it before it was reported online as well, and this time it seemed to be running behind a bit.  Oh well, at least it got here :).

Is that poster of the figures a foldout from the magazine, or is it an entirely separate poster?

Unfortunately, its kind of a combination of the two, with the beginning of the poster (left hand side) being the last page of the magazine, and the rest of it folding out with the back cover.  I kind of wished it would have been a seperate poster, or at least all part of the cover so it could be taken out like a poster.  Either way, it is nice to see it closer in person, they sure make all the figures look purdy in that display. :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Those cheapo's need to put the Insider back in the baggy. Typical - make it more expensive and give us less for it. Just like cable TV.

I got mine yesterday afternoon... I'll get to reading it this evening after class. I'm looking forward to that Clone story.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 09:15 PM »
The clone story was good Brad, but a tad too Earthy too...  Just my opinion.  I digs them Clone Commando guys though.

They need to get more exclusive images I think going...  That'd be their big draw.  And crackdown on people putting scans up.  It's their best hope to make the rag appeal to a broader group.

I liked this issue though, but you're right that the cheapening of the bags sucks.  :(  Mine had dinged up corners and stuff.  I hate that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 02:25 PM »
I still don't have mine...  :(

the Mailman must not be finished reading it yet.   :P

Yet another day passes and no insider for me... Hurry up and finish reading it, Mailman!   >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 06:33 PM »
Same here... it's a no-show. I want to check out the Hasbro ad, dammit!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 12:08 AM »
Just thought I would bump this thread, and let everyone know that Issue #84 starts shipping this week, featuring 3 different covers.

I'm gonna have to find the other two covers at the newstand, because I'm really digging these.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 02:14 AM »
Agreed - those are great looking covers!  They'd look great bagged and hanging on the wall.   8)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 03:26 PM »
I got cover #2.  The clonetrooper artical was pretty good since I was having a hard time trying to remember who was who.  This was one of the quicker reads for me this time, not as thick as more recent versions and not as interesting outside the clone article.
Beth

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 07:31 AM »
I usally always pick up Insider at my newstand. Last time I checked they still had the august/wheelbike issue. Anybody know what is the newstand release date?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 07:35 AM »
Very good question.  My 7-11 still has the Grievous cover too..

Here's hoping we'll seee it soon.