Author Topic: Fantasy NBA?  (Read 23147 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: JD Fantasy Basketball 2005 - Draft Order Posted, Draft begins October 1st
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2005, 05:31 PM »
I'll guess 20.

Now, if DeanPaul feels like it, he could tell me that I'm right even though his number was 38.

No way...that would be tampering, and there's no way Dean's game can be tampered with.  Shame on you for even considering it.   >:(

John

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2005, 05:44 PM »
I'm not pointing fingers here, but all it would take would be cooperation between any two of the three participants to completely rig the draft order.

Not that anyone would do that of course.

I still vote (even though no vote has been called for) that we allow Yahoo to randomly pick a draft order - since that is built into the system for a reason.

If we can't vote - I vote for a new commish who's willing to let majority rule.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2005, 07:15 PM »
I'm not pointing fingers here, but all it would take would be cooperation between any two of the three participants to completely rig the draft order.

Not that anyone would do that of course.

I still vote (even though no vote has been called for) that we allow Yahoo to randomly pick a draft order - since that is built into the system for a reason.

Here's a question for you Zod, this same method was just used to pick the football order.  You participated, you know the results of the draft order pick were real.  This same technique was used here.  Bug and Kev both vouched that these are in fact the results.  So is the football league illegitimate then too?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2005, 07:18 PM »

The majority will not rule after the fact.  I guess I should strip A-Rod off of Scott's baseball team, after all, he got the first pick, it was rigged right?  Rules, draft orders, and the like will not change after the fact in any league that I create and am commish of.  I will not under any circumstance backpedal and change something after the fact.  Changes in scoring, roster size, method of drafting, method of determining draft order, and all else, will be decided beforehand, and will be stuck to.  No results will change on my watch.  I know you, Zod, have no problem with changing the rule of the game after it starts, but this will not happen in my league.  If that's what you want, I suggest that you play elsewhere.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2005, 07:28 PM »
Here's a question for you Zod, this same method was just used to pick the football order.  You participated, you know the results of the draft order pick were real.  This same technique was used here.  Bug and Kev both vouched that these are in fact the results.  So is the football league illegitimate then too?

I'll be perfectly honest - I didn't trust that one either.  PM's between you and Kevin and me in no way guarantee that you and Kevin still didn't just make the whole thing up.

I'm not accusing you guys of anything - but a few PM's back and forth just isn't foolproof the way that a random, third party, computer generated order would be.

That's all I'm saying - if I have to start my own league to ensure that everyone is listened to when they voice concern - so be it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2005, 07:32 PM »

I'll be perfectly honest - I didn't trust that one either.  PM's between you and Kevin and me in no way guarantee that you and Kevin still didn't just make the whole thing up.

I'm not accusing you guys of anything - but a few PM's back and forth just isn't foolproof the way that a random, third party, computer generated order would be.

That's all I'm saying - if I have to start my own league to ensure that everyone is listened to when they voice concern - so be it.

Right Zod, that's why he got 8th pick overall.   ::)

What a fool you are.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2005, 07:33 PM »
Dressel, no one has done any namecalling except for you, so I'd ask you to please stop.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 07:33 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Dressel, no one has done any namecalling except for you, so I'd ask you to please stop.

Actually Scott started this by calling me a cheater and a liar, so I'd ask you to please tell him to stop.

Offline juanelopezrosario

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2005, 07:35 PM »
WOW!!!! THIS IS THE BIGGEST WAIST OF TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN. THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS FIXED. SINCE I HAVE PLAYED IN LEAGUES WITH YOU GUYS I HAVE THOUGHT THINGS ARE ALWAYS CLEAR AND FAIR. LAST YEAR I PICKED FIRST AND FINISHED 4TH 0R 5TH...DONT WAIST TIME COMPLAININGBECAUSE YOU DID NOT GET THE POSITION YOU WANTED..START DOING RESEARCH AND DO YOUR BEST WITH WHAT YOU GOT AND STOP FIGHTING LIKE KIDS THIS IS ONLY A GAME AND IS ONLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT...IF MATT HAS TO BE FORCED TO DO THIS DRAFT AGAIN I AM OUT OF THE LEAGUE BECAUSE THIS AGAIN IS FOR FUN....NOBODY IN THE WORLD CARES IF YOU WIN THIS LEAGUE EXCEPT FOR THE PEOPLE PLAYING...THIS MEANS NOTHING!!!!!! SO STOP ACTING LIKE THIS IS A FEDERAL CASE AND GIVE IT A BREAK.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2005, 07:40 PM »
I agree Juan, the kind of leaps a few people here have made with the accusations are really out of line.  I have showed how the same random technique was used to determine this draft order as every other league that I have run.  I offered up the PMs so they can match up the lists themselves.  Kev's was submitted an hour before Bug's.

Scotty sure as hell wasn't complaining when he landed top pick in baseball via my random technique.  It's only now that he doesn't like his position that he wants the draft order "redetermined." 

And I'm still waiting for Kneel Before Zod to get up on the soapbox and explain to me how Kevin and I rigged a football draft order (that Zod provided 1/2 the input for) and yet Kevin still wound up with 8th pick overall. 

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 07:42 PM by Dressel Rebel »

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2005, 07:45 PM »
I CAN NOT BELIEVE ALL THE BACK AND FORTH REMARKS THAT ARE MADE...THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME AND SINCERELY IS LIKE WATCHING A TEENAGE DRAMA IN THE WB...EVERYBODY SHOULD STEP BAXK AND RELAX..LET THINGS BE WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY PICKING 1ST IS NOT THAT GREAT YOU GETTO PICK LAST EVERY SO OFTEN AND FROM EXPERIENCE YOU MIGHT END UP WITH I GREAT STAR AND A LOT OF HOLE....DRAFT POSITION IS IMPORTANT BUT IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING IT MEANS NOTHING

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2005, 08:09 PM »
And I'm still waiting for Kneel Before Zod to get up on the soapbox and explain to me how Kevin and I rigged a football draft order (that Zod provided 1/2 the input for) and yet Kevin still wound up with 8th pick overall. 

I was pretty clear when I said that I wasn't accusing anyone of anything - what I did was point out a way that your perfect random system isn't so perfect - and that is the second time today that someone has pointed out a flaw in it.

So you'll just have to keep on waiting for that explanation.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 08:14 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2005, 08:15 PM »
 ;D EXCHANGE SOME STAR WARS FIGURES AND MAKE UP

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2005, 08:19 PM »

I was pretty clear when I said that I wasn't accusing anyone of anything - what I did was point out a way that your perfect random system isn't so perfect - and that is the second time today that someone has pointed out a flaw in it.

So you'll just have to keep on waiting for that explanation.

There is no flaw in the system, there is a set way that this has been done in every league that I ran, with the same consistent results.  The PMs are orignal and untampered with, and they are utilized the same way every time 2 lists are matched together.  I don't know what that elaborate second scenario is that Jeff posted, but that was never used in a league that I have run.

Scott got a first pick in baseball, Chris got one in football, and now I got one in basketball.

Look at Famine's track record, he got a 3rd in baseball, an 8th in football, and now a 2nd in basketball.

I don't see the cause for alarm, this has always worked fine.

I cannot retract a draft order that has already been worked out, regardless of what number I drew.  How about the guy who has 4th pick now, and when Dale or Yahoo or whatever unnecessary plot you want to draw up for a "new" draft order comes to pass, gets 12th pick. That's fair?

I'm all for making changes in the way we do things or the way we score things or whatever in each sport, but not after the fact in the current year.  That's the big difference between me and you, I'm not changing things after the fact, but we can employ new things for next year.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 08:25 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2005, 08:20 PM »
;D EXCHANGE SOME STAR WARS FIGURES AND MAKE UP

Now there's something I know we can all agree upon.