Author Topic: 2004/2005 NHL Offseason  (Read 71820 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NHL '03-'04
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2004, 11:14 PM »
Hey All,

I just got home from watching the beloved Minnesota Wild distribute a thorough butt-kicking of the Ottawa Senators.

M Gaborik = 5 points (3 goals, 2 Assists) in a Wild 5-2 victory with 36 great  saves by Roli the Goalie.

Where the heck has this Gabby been all year?  Stupid hold-outs
*grumble, grumble*

Eh, at least we get to play Eastern Conf spoilers this week... next up Boston.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2004, 12:27 AM »
Pens have been kicking ass of late...  

Why'd they wait?  WTF?   >:(

Whooped up on the caps tonight, which isn't saying a lot since they're being predicted already as the worst team next season...  Finally someone to pound on!  :)  Oh wait, we always pounded on them before?  

I shouldn't speak too soonn actually, we have a few games with them left this year...  It's just nice actually to win some for a while.  I think we're 4-1 in our last 5...  That, for the dead last team in the league (or they were last I checked) isn't too shabby.   :o
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2004, 08:25 AM »
Well my previous post must have displeased the hockey gods...after I got offline I watched the Stars go up 3-0 on the Sharks.  I then watched them give it back with 5 minutes to go.  So instead of making up some points...they just made it push.

I could even see it coming, the announcers "jinxed" them.  And you guys all know I am talking about, they show a stat or graphic about how this will shut out # blah blah for the Goalie, or how many times a team has beaten the other, etc etc.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2004, 04:58 PM »
That happened to the Pens all the time like early 1990's...  93 especially, they'd show a graphic, then boom it backfired on the Pens and they'd screw up whatever record they were going for.

I remember Lange and Steigerwald at the time actually knocking on wood and things so it wouldn't happen but it always did.  They'd even laugh at how often it occurred a few times.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2004, 09:14 AM »
Ok sadly the Stars are not going to get any help from the rest of the league catching the Sharks.  (Not that they deserve help after giving up a 3 goal lead)

The only bright side I can see is that barring some sort of very crazy last month of regular season, the Stars will at least get to start the playoffs against somebody that ISN't the Edmondton Oilers. (who at this point are the only team from Canada not in the NHL playoffs).

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2004, 09:29 AM »
Edmonton is within 2 points of Nashville in the race for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference. So close but yet so far.
Interesting side note from Sportsnet:

Friday's game wasn't on local TV in Edmonton, nor was it available on pay-per-view, so the Oilers set up a $10 per person broadcast at Edmonton's Jubilee Auditorium, drawing roughly 2,000 fans to the concert hall.  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2004, 08:23 AM »
Getting closer!  ;D  Edmonton moves within 1 point of St. Louis for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

Bring on the L.A.  Kings.   :-*

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2004, 10:55 PM »
I was in no way meaning that the Oilers weren't going to make the playoffs, just that it looks like the usual first round matchup of Edmonton/Dallas would be difficult to see this year.  Heck at this point only Chicago can definately start making plans for Golf trips in May. :(

I am thrilled they beat Dallas.

Right now I see Dallas, Edmonton and Detroit finishing strong like the Ducks did last year.  The Stars are finally scoring more than 1 goal a game.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2004, 08:34 AM »
I even surprised that the Oiliers may make the playoffs. They are know to make the 1st & 2nd round then its, hey, lets play golf!  :-\

Well they beat L.A & have now jumped from 9th place in the Western Conference to a tie for 7th with Nashville.

The next game will be interesting.  ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2004, 09:06 AM »
It wasn't even that long ago that the Oilers were in last place behind the Wild, they really have turned it on while the Wild have too, it was about 2 weeks too late.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2004, 09:44 AM »
Theres always next season.   ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2004, 09:46 AM »
Damn the East race is tight.  5 points seperating the first place team (Tampa Bay) and the 5th place team (ottawa?).  Should be a good race to the finish.

Go Flyers!!
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2004, 01:18 PM »

Theres always next season*

*If there is a next season >:(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2004, 08:48 AM »
Well we didn't win the game but were still sitting pretty thus far.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2004, 01:58 PM »

Theres always next season*

*If there is a next season >:(

I think not.  Frankly, I hope not.  I'm over (mostly) the loss of the Jets and now watch hockey again and I am enjoying it, but they (players) just aren't getting it.  I do not need to see you make millions of dollars.  If you're so arrogant to believe you deserve that amount of money for playing a game, I'm sorry, but I hope the lockout lasts two years.  

I expect the players and their representation are sufficiently deluded to believe their value and fan demand will force a settlement.  I do not believe that at all.  I think the owners will happily lock out the players for a full year.  I think after that, the players might just be willing to negotiate a little more openly.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.