Author Topic: Anyone Watching Charlie Brown?  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Watching Charlie Brown?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 07:42 AM »
Charlie Brown is on again this Friday at 8 on ABC for those who missed it.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 07:45 AM »
Hmmm, thanks Hunter.  May watch it again actually.  Something to do on a Friday when god knows I won't have anything to do since I'm sorta done for the month budget wise.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 02:55 PM »
REMINDER:  A Charlie Brown Christmas is on ABC tonight.

Had such great ratings last Tuesday, ABC is bringing it back again!

Everyody do their Charlie Brown dance!!!  ;D
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 04:16 PM »
I know I missed it the first time, will watch it tonight for sure!!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 09:41 AM »
For those who are interested, A Charlie Brown Christmas will be showing for the first time this holiday season tonight at 7 PM (CST).  I'm sure it will be on at least one more time before Christmas, but I just thought I'd pass it along.  I actually got this (and a couple other Peanuts specials) on DVD last Christmas, but I still try to catch it when its on TV.  My all-time favorite Christmas special :).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:27 PM by Brian »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 10:20 AM »
Thanks for the head's up!  My son was just asking about this over the weekend.  I wasn't expecting it to be on quite this early though. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 10:20 AM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Yeah, I thought it seemed a little bit early as well.  I also saw an ad for the Grinch and some sort of Shrek Christmas special showing tomorrow night on ABC as well, so they must be going in full force from here on out with the Christmas shows.

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 05:11 PM »
I have this on DVD so I can watch it anytime I want and I have just gotten the other fav of mine a Muppets Christmas Carol - 50th Anniversary, so all I need now is the original Christmas Carol and I will be good to go.

I have had cable taken out and the TV stations I have arent worth a light, but I was paying for cable and not really using it, will get it back when the Live Action Star Wars TV Show starts but not until.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 06:43 PM »
Okay, when I first started reading this thread, I thought it was started last night, not two years ago!! :o

Anyhow, I watched it last night and got the same feeling I always do....I needed to hurry and get to bed because Santa will be here soon!!  (Back in the 70's Charlie Brown's Christmas special was shown on Christmas Eve).  Ahhh....the memories of that show and the pandemonium that entailed in the Marmalick household when it ended are things I hope I never lose. :)
Beth

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 10:00 PM »
Not for me.  I loved the Charlie Brown/Rudolph holiday specials as a kid, but I lost an older brother when I was 14 and we used to watch these specials everytime they showed up year after year and they somehow seemed new everytime we watched them.  Now all these "specials" do for me is to bring to me is tears, but it also brings out some great memories.  :)

Must be nice for some of you folks who have more than one sibling to look back on this stuff with.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 01:09 AM »
I thought I made a post about this...  But yeah, always something I watch.  I think it's gonna be on ABC Family at some point in a re-run.

Rudolph is on next Tuesday at 8 EST on CBS.  I never miss these two barring something important coming up when they're on.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 03:58 PM »
I got the DVD set of the Christmas special (As well as Turkey Day and Halloween) last year, so for me it's just easier to pop in the DVD, rather than having to remember to watch it when it's on one of the networks. I will have to catchg Rudolph though. That's right up there with CB as one of my all time favorite Christmas specials.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: December 5, 2007, 03:40 AM »
Rudolph was on last night, anyone else watch?

Good times...  And my Hermie the dentist impression is outstanding, or so I am told.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2007, 10:49 AM »
Rudolph is great.  Love the Bumble.  I love this clip, too.  Of course, most SNL funhouse clips are hilarious (IMO). 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: December 5, 2007, 11:04 AM »
Watched them both this week with my boyos for the first time.  They absolutely loved Rudolph last night...I haven't watched it in a while, as a kid I was a huge Rudolph fan, now, not so much