Author Topic: He's no good to me dead...JULY11  (Read 35912 times)

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
He's no good to me dead...JULY11
« on: December 6, 2005, 02:13 PM »
Just wanted to show anybody not from RS  ;D

ARC Commander Solus + 223rd Grenadier

BIO: ARC commander Solus is the leader of the 223rd Attack Battalion or "Kad Prudii" (translated loosely as "Sword's shadow" in mando'a). Commander Solus was stationed on Cato Neimodia under the command of Jedi General Plo Koon, after Commander Cody and Jedi generals Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi secured the purse world. During, the second battle of Cato Neimodia, Commander Solus led ground forces into battle against the droid armies and emerged victorious. After the declaration of Order 66, Solus ordered the execution of Butlar Swan, a Jedi Knight and Padawan of Plo Koon's.

223rd Attack Battalion, Grenadier

"Be one with the force jedi..."  :p

Any comments are greatly appreciated LMK what ya think! :P
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:52 AM by Commander_Miseria »

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: ARC commander Solus+223rd grenadier
« Reply #1 on: December 6, 2005, 02:21 PM »
FYI: The [image] tag doesn't work on JD. Use img instead. :)

I really like these guys Miseria. The blue paint has real depth... did you use two colors or is that just a byproduct of the weathering? Either way it looks great. The gear on your commander is great. I would buy multiple castings of that blaster if you made them (hint hint).

I really dig the Heavy Clone sans the shoulder pauldron. It makes him look closer to a grunt. The assymetrical paint ops on him are a really nice touch, too. I need to use that idea... I've seen it a couple of times lately and like it every time :)

The only real suggestion I have is to blend in the pouches on the ARC kama a little better. Either paint them white or paint the regular Clone belt pouches gray to match.

Fine, fine work here. Pat yourself on the back.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 04:27 PM by Jeff »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 6, 2005, 02:32 PM »
These are some great looking customs.  I think the weather is just a BIT much....I know I'm in the minority in that I prefer understated weather at most.

But this is still wonderful work.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 6, 2005, 02:40 PM »
InRem- ya i was thinking about blending those pouches in. It doesn't stand out as much in person, but i definitely didn't want scuplt over it because i wanted the pouches to show. Maybe i will paint them gray though to blend them a little better. As for the painting, i only used one color. I use citadel colour paints, "Midnight Blue" if you're interested in the same color  :). as for the blaster, ya you could cast it, but its real easy to make on your own. Just cut the back reciever off a dc15 rifle, cut the stock off, cut the barrel tip off, and glue the barrel to the reciever. DONE! you got yourself an ARC trooper Dc-17 pistol.   :)

Quazar- Ya i agree i did (accidently) go a little bit overboard on the weathering. His body turned out alright, but his i think his kama's weathering needs to be reduced

thanks for the comments guys!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 6, 2005, 02:41 PM by Commander_Miseria »

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 6, 2005, 03:16 PM »
Nice work man, they look as if Hell paid them a visit.  great idea on the kama, I'll be posting some of my clones soon, I used a similar tech on my kama as well.
keep'em coming
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2005, 11:51 PM »
I'm glad to see you posting here again, we've missed you.   ;)

ROTS ARC Trooper - Very well done my friend!  I must say this really looks like a great design even for the film perhaps.  The dark blue paint scheme really makes it look realistic I think, and makes the color blue seem menacing.

BACARA Helmet Trooper - Another great addition to your Clone ranks I think.  Perhaps a bit too much scratching of his paint on the helmet, but that's ok - he looks like he's earned those dents and scrapes in his armor.  Well done and I think better than the Bacara repaint they threw in the Target 5-pack.

:P

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Stass Allie's Speeder Bike
« Reply #6 on: December 7, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Hey last night I finished up a spur of the moment custom. i I watched and paused over the scene from Order 66 and used screen shots from online so i'm pretty sure it's accurate. Unfortunately, i dont own any saga speeder bikes because i think it would be a much better base then the POTF2 model.

I angled in and corrected the speeder bike steering handles to be a bit more accurate. If i can get a hold of some sort of wire, maybe i'll re create the cables on this thing.

The Neyo symbol could have turned out better, i dont have a decal set so i couldnt make one large enough, so i ended up having to paint one and it proved a bit more difficult to make a circle with painters tape then one would expect  :crazy:  :(

excuse the clone trooper as i haven't yet decided the cost for a pull apart barc speeder was justified  :p

LMK what ya think?  :cool:

I can't seem to get pics appearing here can anyone help me out  ???
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 04:24 PM by Jeff »

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Stass Allie's Speeder Bike
« Reply #7 on: December 7, 2005, 04:21 PM »

You have to use the abbreviated img tag...  I fixed it. :)

Sweet looking bike, BTW! I've been thinking of trying the same thing myself. Nice job!
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 04:24 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 7, 2005, 04:23 PM »

Welcome to JD.  

To post images, use img instead of the whole word image.

If you forget, you can always click the little "insert images" button from the toolbar...  
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 7, 2005, 04:26 PM »
It's just img in brackets then?  ??? sorry im computer illiterate, but thanks for picking up my slack again Inrem  :P

Sorry for the clutter  :(
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 04:28 PM by Commander_Miseria »

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Commander_Miseria's Customs - updated 12-07-05
« Reply #10 on: December 7, 2005, 04:28 PM »
And thanks to Jeff, too, who is collecting your work for easy reference :)

Yeah, just img in brackets. I'd recommend using the button as suggested by Jeff.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
ARC trooper custom
« Reply #11 on: December 7, 2005, 07:42 PM »
My arc trooper:

I opted for the commander #33 skirt as it covers a little more of the legs than the Evo skirt. I trimmed it in blue and dry brushed white over the blue markings and black over the skirt and armor. Made it a little heavier around the legs to cover up the "yellow" look although mine was a little more brown-ish than chewie's.  :cool:

got the pictures right now : P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Commander_Miseria's Customs - updated 12-07-05
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2005, 08:48 PM »
That speeder bike is very boss. It is a little overboard on weathering but I know its hard not to get carried away doing it.  I also like the clones. For the first blue ARC you should definitely color the bags on his legs. They blend a little too much and should add another level if detail. The second blue arc I think is a better paint job. It's good to see the AOTC clones with removable helmets.

Welcome to the group! :D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Commander Miseria's Customs- Updated 12-08-05
« Reply #13 on: December 8, 2005, 12:22 PM »
501st legion Trooper

hey guys, this is my first attempt at this design, definitely not my last. i think my only real problem area was the chest design, but it turned out good enough. Some of the blue came off his helmet when i was tinkering with it so you'll have to excuse the yellow around the visor.

Parts: Ep2 evolutions body
       Ep3 Evolutions bly trooper helmet
       Ep3 evolutions (at-te gunner style) head
       Evolutions Dc-15s

my obligatory "it's time for you to leave shot"

he could get a lucky shot...

"What is your bidding my lord?"

"Be one with the force jedi..."

:crazy: :cool: :crazy:

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: Commander_Miseria's Customs - updated 12-08-05
« Reply #14 on: December 8, 2005, 01:11 PM »
the ARC trooper is really cool, i like the weathering on that bike too, it's not too much imho, vehicles can get that dirty
"Wars don't make one great"