Author Topic: He's no good to me dead...JULY11  (Read 35783 times)

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
Re: CM's Utapau Shadow troop Comms operator
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2005, 08:17 AM »
As the wee' morning approaches at about 5am here in cold cold during the winter time California, I've had a bit of trouble sleeping. You know how it is! you toss, you turn, you wake up, you make a galactic marine! same old same old. :p
I took some darker pictures, that i think turned out looking pretty cool, but if you wont brighter ones i have them.

'My obligatory "be one with the force jedi" shot'

Parts Used:SA #41(head top half removed to fit commander helmet, body), CAOC commander helmet(face removed and dremeled out), Mesh material(shoulder pads and face mask), Dc-15A rifle, POTF2 snowtrooper(backpack), SA #41 dome of helmet (backpack side pieces), POTF2 Sandtrooper (long tube on backpack), Evolutions Ep3 clone yellow (kama w/holster removed), Steyrene (boot straps and detailing)

far from perfect i know, but not too shabby for the parts i had to use. LMK what ya think?  :cool:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CM's SA Galactic Marine(battle of Mygeeto)
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2005, 10:12 AM »
Galactic Marine - Very, very nice use of parts and the end result is outstanding.  Really a great figure, I love seeing how people are being creative and contantly using different cloths for the face mask part.  How are you getting the mask part of the cloth to stay on?

:P

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2005, 11:21 AM »
I commented over at RS on how much i liked the figure, paint apps and weathering,  but the veil may look better if it was a different material...
Otherwise Great stuff.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Galactic Marine - Very, very nice use of parts and the end result is outstanding.  Really a great figure, I love seeing how people are being creative and contantly using different cloths for the face mask part.  How are you getting the mask part of the cloth to stay on?

Thanks chewie  :), the face material is actually pressed together with a dot of glue on the back of his head(under thered helmet). First i cut the mesh material the appropriate length and rounded it and then added a dot of super glue to the back of the helmet to keep the two together. The face mask can actually be removed withou taking off the top red part of the helmet.

Glassman-Thanks I did try and lighten up on the weathering this time around some of my figures are a bit overdone  :-[. While, it would be better to have a different material for the face mask(for texture purposes) i didn't have anything else smoother, but found this mesh stuff to be very easy to manipulate.

thanks for the comments guys!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2005, 04:09 PM »
I left most of my comments over at RS. Great job on this, easily one of the best Marines I've seen.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2005, 06:53 PM »
That Galactic Marine is definitely one of the best so far.  The softgoods mask turned out well, what material did you use?  I like the way that you attached it to the mask.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
SA 501st clones remvable helmet/ support gunner
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2005, 10:09 PM »
hey guys! Here's a few Customs I just finished off to bolster my 501st ranks.

501st Support Gunner

I used some of concept appo's paint scheme with some added pin stripes that run across the leg(as opposed to down the length). added some steyrene for the straps, added ammo pouches from a bacara kama. finished it off with a old G.I. JOE rifle from my bits box.

501st SA/w removable helmets (EVO clone to the far right)

removed the neck post from the At-te gunner and added it to the #41 body. For the first two on the left. why the middle one's legs are so clean i have no idea  :confused: Last one on the right is an older Evo clone custom. Ep2 evo body with ep 3 commander helmet.

TEMPLE RAID

And just for fun a shot of the nighttime raid on the jedi temple. You can see the "leftovers" to the back left of anakin  :p

LMK what ya think?  :cool:

In response to Gergorbian on the marines: I'm actually not sure what material it was. I didnt have capes for a few vintage snowtroopers so i made those kamas for them out of that material, but then cut them up for the masks on these marines. some people thought it looked like material from a sock, but thats not it  :(

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: CM's SA 501st w/ removable helmets/ Support Gunner
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Nice 501st clones!
I made my own a while back using your technic, the gunners head on a 41s body.
I made Commander Appo, your customs are excellent!
I cant wait to see more!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2005, 12:14 AM »
hey what about the custom anakan
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2005, 12:18 AM »
hey what about the custom anakan

thanks for the comments guys.

Clone Commander Gr: Ya it comes out great huh? : ) i can't wait to start appo as soon as I get another At-Te gunner.

Starkid500: It's not so much a custom anakin as it is evolutions anakin with the robe from the CW jedi knights Multipack : ) i guess you can call it a kitbash, but i just thought it looked cool.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2005, 12:59 AM »
Booya!  Great update buddy.  I always enjoy seeing your work.  The clone craze seems to finally be dying down some, but by all means it's great to see some well done 501sts.  Love those #41 bodies you used.  And excellent painting and the Anakin kitbash is great.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2005, 12:27 PM »
Your Clones look great!  Nice work and I really like that you went the extra mile and put the AT-TE Tank Gunner head on the #41 body.  Did you do the hip-swap also?  Nothing beats a SSA Clone!  ;)
The paint apps are crisp and the weathering is really well done - not too much but it still fits in with hasbro's weathered figures (of course yours look much better). 

I like the paint apps on that heavy gunner, the helmet design really works.  Great update!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2005, 07:12 PM »
The troopers all look great the weathering is top class stuff  and I like the cloth face covering on the marine well done mate.

Ron

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: CM's SA Marines w/SA bacara and special custom :)
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2005, 02:27 AM »
Hey guys. back again with some Custom Galactic Marines :p

The marine on the right is V2.0 of my Galactic marines with the orignial on the left of Bacara. I swapped out the bacara head and threw it on an SA body as well as the Kama and Pauldron. Here's a few more shots...

THIS ONE HERE IS VERY SPECIAL! my girlfriend decided she wanted to paint a clone after she saw a few of mine and i had an extra bacara body left over so i figured what the heck  :p She's a natural for sure cause I did NO painting on this ABSOLUTELY ZERO i didnt even dry brush it! (just told her how  :p) I didn't even tell her which parts to paint! it is completely original from her!  :cool:

LMK what ya think?  :cool:
thanks guys

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CM's SA marines+bacara+special custom!
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2005, 02:38 AM »
Good stuff!  I really like your take on the Galactic Marines - unique but there's no mistake as to what they are  ;D

That's a great clone that your girlfriend painted - congrats!  She is definitely a natural  :)
Now give her a #41 SA Clone and she what she can do!