Author Topic: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 10/31 (Halloween Customs SW Style)  (Read 38639 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 05/10/06 (Mandalorian Commando)
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Ya know that looks exactly like this guy that works down the hall from me. I'll have to send him the picture. I like the mix of the joe parts. Its gives him a nice neutral pose. You need to add the range finder to the helmet. I wonder if there is an easy way to shave off the wookiee brades and not damage the armor?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Nice custom Mando! I'm loving all the new mando customs everyone is suddenly making!
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2006, 10:23 PM »
Hi,
I'm new to this site and I checked out your home pages and I really like your work and your creative ideas.  Visiting your site has given me some cool ideas for new customs.  Keep up the great work. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2006, 01:45 AM »
Hey, I really dig this Mandolorian custom!  Great use of parts and nice painting.

My only suggestion would be a little bit of weathering.  Sometimes people get carried away with weathering, but I think it would help this guy.  Nothing too drastic, but he does look a little clean.

Still, really cool figure.  Nice job!!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2006, 04:45 AM »
Phalanxx,

I love the Mandalorian, that's pretty nice splicing of Joe parts.  That's not a technique I'm usually fond of (GI Joe parts just never look like they fit right to me), but those for some reason meshed int here really well...  The figure seems clean for a warrior but if you're not wanting a grimey grunt then that's cool too.

If I had a suggestion, it'd be to change up the missle on the backpack maybe so it's not so close to Boba's...  It's like they all shop at the same missle store.  :)  Maybe it's the galactic Wal-Mart, I dunno.  If you spliced in a different missle there from some random fodder I think that could look pretty cool and change it up a bit some.

Nice work man, and it makes me look differently at the Fetts on the pegs now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2006, 05:00 PM »
The Gung-Ho Mandalorian looks awesome.  I love the color scheme. 
Did you keep the action feature or did you remove the spring?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 05:01 PM by Gregorbian »
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2006, 10:19 AM »
I like this Mando's look a lot.  He is a bit colorful (I'd tone that down a bit) but the parts look fantastic.  It's cool seeing his forearms like that.

:)

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2006, 09:37 PM »
As some of you know, in addition to posting my customs here, I also post at CommandoCustoms.com.  Well CC was recently interviewed by DeathStarDroid over at DeathStarPlans2.com.  The interview is basically in the form of a photo-novel and we were able to submit our self customs to DSD and they would be included in the interview. 

Here is the custom that I submitted.  The design of the custom is basically the same as my previous version of my self custom  but I used a ROTS Kit Fisto base instead of  the ROTS Obi-Wan base. 

Let me know what you think.  You can check out rest of the interview here

Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 05/24/06 (CC Interview Custom)
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Yah, the talk shows over at DSP2 are pretty funny. They wanted to interview my microlady Aayla but I just got this weird creeped out feeling talking to them about it that I didn't go thru with it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 05/24/06 (CC Interview Custom)
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2006, 12:19 AM »
I've been on a Mandalorian kick lately after reading the recent Republic Commando book and  the recent Mandalorian article in the Star Wars Insider.  I really liked the idea of them being culture based species instead of a species based culture (if that makes any sense) and that any species could technically become a Mandalorian if they adopted that way of life and their culture.  So that got me thinking of what all species could fit in with that way of life, and I decide to make a Rodian Mandalorian. I'm still undecided if I want to mod a helmet for him.  I'm also trying to find a good non-fett looking backpack for him so any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks for looking!

Bio/Background:
Young FLeedo was found next to his dead mercenary father on a war torn planet on the Outer Rim.  Taken in by the Mandalorians, Leedo was taught and the Mandalorian ways and soon recieved the name Ceryc Sushir (which roughly translates to "Pointed Listener").  Although the majority of his Mando Clan are of the human species, they do not look upon him as a rodian and he is truely accepted as their Vod ("brother").

Parts List:
Head, Hands, & Boots: VSC Greedo
Torso: VOTC Boba Fett

Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
Great custom! Very different from what we're accustomed to seeing, which is human heads under the helmets. What bugs me about having some species being adopted into mandalorian culture is just that, though, how do their heads fit into that iconic helmet? Then again, it WOULD be true what they say: It's not the suit that makes the mando, it's the mando that makes the mando. Honestly I think it looks great on its own. Maybe paint his hands over to make it looks as if he's wearing gloves, but I don't see a need for any headgear.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Very, very cool custom.  Excellent job.  Love the look of this guy.  Great backstory, too.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
YES!  A tough Rodian.  We need more of those guys.  Very well done, that head matches the body extremely well!  Nice painting too.

:)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Looks really goood, if only VOTC bobas were more readily avaialble :'(.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
i couldnt agree more...i love seeing non human mandos...i was working on one but i ended up just making it into a kit fisto in clone armour...lol...it wasnt working well...but if i could get my hands on more votc bobas i will deffinitly "lend" this design....well done
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!