Author Topic: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 10/31 (Halloween Customs SW Style)  (Read 38812 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
I like the look of this one alot...maybe paint the hands to match the head, and maybe add a wash to his jumpsuit, but it looks really good.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
Thanks for the comments guys.

ThePerennial - Glad you like him.  The helmet was one of the big quesiton marks I had on this custom.   I first thought I would be able to use one of Glassman's great expanded helmets, but Greedo's melon was even too big for that.  I might go back and make a sort of faceplate for him kinda like I did for my clone wars Saesen Tiin.  His hands are actually painted a light gray color to look like gloves.  Thanks again.

Quazar - Thanks man.  I'm glad you liked the backstory!

CHEWIE - I agree.  We need more tough Rodians and other tough alien species.  It seems for the most part, alot of the aliens out there are wimpy.

Smartypants1635 - Thanks SP.  The VOTC boba are quite hard to find.  Luckily I was able to find a batch of them on Ebay going for cheap.

master brisk arpor - I appreciate the kind words.  This figure kinda came about by accident, but once I saw that the Greedo head fit the VOTC fett.  I just knew I had to make it because the possibility of differnt types of mando's is basically endless.

Darth Nirvana - Thanks D_N!  Glad you like him.  The hands are actually painted a light gray to simulate that he is wearing gloves.  The figure does have a light wash to it but the camera flash drowned most of it out. 
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline boba_fett300

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Wow, the greedo looks pretty kool in the Mando suit.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
i have made my first non human mando...no pics yet but as soon as camera decides to work again i will....its no rodian but....its a zabrak....had a left over final battle darth maul head and thought wat the hey...had a scout through my fodder and found the pilot jango with the action feature (possibly the least noticable action feature ever) and hey presto...quick repaint and away we go....will have to get some glassman helmets soon though lol
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
Over at Commando Customs, we had a Group Project entitled "The Future is Now" where we were to take characters from any story line and create customs of the people who have stepped up and taken over the mantle of the original characters after their passing.

I chose to do the decendants of Han Solo and Boba Fett.  Let me know what you think. 

Arden Fett:
Found on a war torn world towards the end of the galactic war with Yuuzhan Vong, young Arden was found and adopted by Boba Fett and taught the ways of the Mandalorian.  Arden was inmersed into the Mandalorian life and took his teachings to heart.  Over the years, Arden proved himself with his actions that he was the living embodiment of the Mandalorian way.  When Boba Fett finally passed away, the mantle of leadership was passed on to Arden and he became the new Mandalor. 

Parts List:
Head - BBI Paratrooper
Figure - VOTC Boba Fett
Helmet - Cast of Glassman's Expanded Fett Helmet
Kama - Cloth (Hand Made)

Hayden Solo:
A direct decendant of Han Solo & Leia Organa-Solo, Hayden Solo grew up at the Jedi Academy at Ossus learning the ways of the Force.  Like his family before him, Hayden was gifted and had a strong connection to the Force.  Many at the Academy, believed once he reached the rank of Jedi Master, the Academy would be his to oversee as headmaster. But like other Solo's before him, his ambitious and adventurous side got the best of him and shortly after passing the Jedi Trials and becoming a Jedi Knight, Hayden left the Jedi Order to seek out his own path in life.  Already a skilled pilot, Hayden bought himself an old transport ship and began travelling the galaxy.  Although no longer offically a part of the Jedi Order, Hayden remains guided by the Force and finds himself helping those less fortunite throughout the galaxy.

Parts List:
Head & Body - Cale from Titan AE (2 Different Cale Figures)
Vest - Covergirl (G.I. Joe DD Comic 3 Pack)
Gunbelt - Greedo

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 06/19/06 (Solo and Fett - Kind of)
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2006, 07:15 AM »
wow those are cool, i love arden fett...hes cool...and he's wearing my clan colours...woohoo

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2006, 07:29 AM »
Wauw, the Fett isn't my favourite (mostly because of the facial paint) but the Hayden Solo rocks!! Ver good shoice of parts and a clean paint job. I love the utillity belt. Impresive piece mate!
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2006, 04:03 PM »
Excellent Fett. I love the boots. Who do those belong to BTW I see them a lot, and I like them But I can never figure out which figure they belong to.

Im still in the process of making mine for this project. Better late than never right.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2006, 04:15 PM »
they look like the winter training obi wans boots...dont hold me to it mind

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Nice update... the Hayden Solo figure looks great!  I might try and make the paint on him look a little more rugged so it looks more Star Wars-ish, but I love the parts choices.

The Arnen Fett is one of the best Mandalorian's I've seen, I love the crisp paint on him, and the kama is perfect.  This is an A+ custom.

:)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2006, 05:59 PM »
Where in the hell can we get Titan AE figures. I say we start a hunt.

Looking sweet. Love the style they're done in. :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2006, 06:05 PM »
I remember passing on tons and tons of Titan AE figurs on clearance in 2003...

:)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Me too. I NEVER thought I'd see the day when I'd be angry for passing them up. ???

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2006, 09:09 PM »
I absolutely love the Arden Fett.
Hayden Solo is OK too, but has an "animated" feel.

I have the Titan "han Solo" guy, if someone can use it?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Just a minor update.  But thanks to GoodtoGoCustoms and customizer Jfak, I was able to give my Jedi Zoran Erida custom a cloth cloak with added playibility instead of the original plastic one that I had.  Let me know what you think.

Zoran Erida with new Cloth Cloak

Zoran Erida with original Plastic Cloak