Author Topic: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 10/31 (Halloween Customs SW Style)  (Read 38636 times)

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
After seeing Chewie's and other customizer's version of Obi-wan in Clone Armor, I got motivated and decided to my versions of the Jedi Generals and Commanders as they fought in the Clone Wars.  They were all basicly just part swaps, but I like how they turned out.  Thanks for looking.

General Obi-wan Kenobi

General Saesee Tiin - Flight Armor

General Ki Adi Mundi

Commander Aayla Secura

General Plo Koon

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 08:50 AM by Phalanxx »
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Clone War Jedi
« Reply #1 on: December 9, 2005, 03:06 AM »
Great looking custom everyone of them but damn your General Saesee Tiin - Flight Armor is just awesome mate well done.

Ron

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2005, 09:58 AM »
 :o :o :o

I am loving this Saesee Tinn! The color is great (and looks like space armor ala the toon). The inclusion of a cape and kama just puts him over the top. He really looks like a leader and warrior here.

I also like the touches you've added to the remaining Jedi. Your Gen. Kenobi is great (... I really need to make one of these!)

Ki with the AT-RT driver arms and legs looks very convincing and ready for combat (is that a straight pop-and-swap? It looks dead-on perfect.)

The bronze boots and gauntlets on Plo, though, might be my favorite addition. They just go so well with Koon's darker look.

The only one I'm not really buying into is Secura. The parts used make her look very bulky. Your construction techniques and paint look good, so it's nothing technical. The parts just make her look a little big.

Super update. I look forward to more of your submissions, Phalanxx!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2005, 11:51 AM »
That Tiin is awesome!  Well-done on his helmet.  I haven't sculpted his mask because I lack the talent, but now I may just try a CW Tiin using (stealing?) your idea.  :D

Aayla looks good from the torso up, except her arms and legs look a tad buff, but as Rem said, it's not a technical issue but more aesthetical.  Keep that booty on her, though, it makes her look like she could be "...one of those rap guys' girlfriends," and that's a good thing.

The addition of clone legs/calves on the Jedi looks good, and the paint application makes them look like they belong there.  It does away with the stick-legged look that the stock Jedi have.

Only other suggestion I have is to weather them all a bit.  Not "I've just been pooped out of a Rancor" weathering like I've been guilty of, but more akin to that of DD's, Chewie's, Rem's, Ripley's, and Hemble's techniques. 

B

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 9, 2005, 12:34 PM »
I commented about Aayla Secura and Saesee Tiin over at CC. That is a very cool simple design for obiwan. The cape makes him very dynamic looking. Like the colors you chose for Ki Adi Mundi. The ATRT pieces really go well with the rest of the figure.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 9, 2005, 03:31 PM »
wow looking good.  i almost missed the plo though i coundn't see what you'd done.  my screens' a little dark, but after i changed that it looks awesome.  tiin is really great i love the addition of the cape and kama, bacarra's?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys.  I'm glad you like them.  I can't take credit for the obi recipe, I borrowed (stole  :)) the idea from Chewie. Thanks Chewie!!

In Rem - Ki-Adi wasn't a straight parts swap.  Just a few minor mods. One of the arms had a peg on it and I had to cut it off and drill a new hole.  I also had to drill the hole on the other arm deeper to accept the peg from the clone trooper.  I also painted the upper legs to closer match the AT-RT's legs.

bjardkerr - Thanks for the comments. As for the weathering, I usually prefer "clean versions" of my customs, but I have recently started weathering some of my figures, but I haven't perfected my weathering look.  So I didn't want to mess up and ruin these customs.  But once I get my weathering down I will probably go back and add some to these figures.

jedipurge - Thanks.  The cape is from Count Dooku (ROTS) and the kama is from Clone Commander (ROTS)

As for Aayla, I wanted to retain the clone trooper look for the most part with this figure.  But I agree that the arms look big.  To me, they make her look monkey-ish.  I might try using Aayla's original arms and adding obi-wan's clone armor from the Jedi vs Sith pack.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 9, 2005, 09:25 PM »
The Plo Koon got me. I didnt think there was any difference to him. Very subtle clone armor which looks great. I really like the Ki Adi and the Obi Wan as well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 01:33 AM »
Wow, very nice!  I wanted to comment on these at work today, but was so darn busy.  I'm very glad to see you here, and your work is very, very good!

Obi Wan - That is very well done.  I think the recipe for this is cool, and you executed it very well.  I'm already seeing some of your other customs that I think I want to copy off of you too.

SaeSee Tiin - That's just awesome.  Very well executed, and I like how the helmet is used and cut to fit him right, he looks so much more tough with it on. And even without it it looks fantastic.  What kind of paint did you use?  The armor looks great.

Ki Adi & Plo Koon - The parts swaps are very well done, and really are a good fit for these guys.  Again, great work.

Aayla - Interesting concept here.  I think this is one I'd be afraid of trying, just because it's so hard to get the manly armor to look feminine.  But you made a good effort at it and it looks nice.  It might be possible to use VOTC Stormtrooper parts to make her look a little less bulky, but even as it is, it's still very cool.

Good painting and parts using all around.  I would suggest maybe a small amount of weathering, but that's entirely up to you.  Great update!

:P

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 08:22 AM »
Thanks Chewie!  I hadn't thought of using the VOTC stormtrooper.  I originally had tried the Comm-tech Stormtrooper, but his arms were even longer that the clone troopers.  Now I just need to see if I can find a VOTC cheap.

As for the paints, I have recently started using Cithadel acrylic paints on my SW customs.  They seem to be a little bit thinner than the other acrylic paints (Delta, Folkart, Applebarrel, etc..) that I use to use so that helps with the rubbing and chipping of the paints.  And they also seem to go on smoother. 

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Here are a couple Christmas customs that I did for a christmas contest.  Mr. and Mrs. Solo Claus. 

Solo Claus

Mrs. Solo Claus

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 12/12 (Solo Claus)
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Wow. These Christmas customs are really great! Good idea to put Han and Leia together, although seeing Leia as an old woman is crushing my boyhood infatuation with her :p. Very clean paint jobs and very seasonal use of color. You've done a fine job with parts selection and modification as well.

And Merry Christmas to you, Phalanxx. 

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 10:43 AM »
Very nice christmas customs.

Han really neads a hat, and a bag of blasters!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Now those are damn cool.  I really think those are cool an unique; never seen Leia portrayed like that.  I think they deserve a front page mention as a "Merry Christmas" from the customizers at JD.   ;)

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 11:31 AM »
These are the ones that won over at the commando customs christmas contest. These are some of your best work Phalanxx! I love the glasses you gave Leia Claus. I can see Solo Claus not wanting to wear a hat that would mess up his hair. You even have a little pouch on his belt. The green gloves and boots on Leia give her a nice festive look that is different form Solo. Beautiful work!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours