Author Topic: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 10/31 (Halloween Customs SW Style)  (Read 38642 times)

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 12/12 (Solo Claus)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 09:36 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys.

InRem - sorry about ruining your childhood infatuation with her.  I will make it up to ya and make another custom of her to correct that for you.   :)

Glassman - Thanks for the suggestion, I am working on a bag for Han, but i didn't know what to fill it with.  I think blasters are a great idea.

Chewie -  I would be greatly honored if JD did that.  JD, feel free to use my pics if ya want to.

And I have to correct Phruby, I took second in the contest over at CC. He was the one who actually won the contest with his great christmas yoda.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 12/12 (Solo Claus)
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 10:02 PM »
Continuing on with my Clone Wars series, here is Anakin Skywalker as he might have appeared in the Clone Wars.  I went with a black metallic color for the armor to show his slow decent towards the darkside and to tie together his transformation into Darth Vader.

Commander Anakin Skywalker

Master & Apprentice

Recipe:
Head: ROTS Anakin Evolutions
Torso: AOTC Anakin Evolutions
Lower Arms & Legs: SA Clone Trooper

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 12/16 (Cmdr Skywalker)
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 10:09 PM »
Hmm. Cool idea. I like the silver forearms. Although I'm not too sure I like the Ep2 body on the Ani. I know that you nned to use that one because of the swivel elbows, but is it possible to boil-pop the full arms on the fig?
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2005, 12:04 AM »
I actually like that body for it.  I know some people seem to not like the Evolutions EP2 Anakin, but I'm one of the ones that does like it.  The use of darker armor for him does make sense.  Good idea and the Vader robe is a great touch.

:P

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2005, 06:59 AM »
nice job, i like the silver armor as well, especially since it looks like a darker silver, and as CHEWIE said the vader cloak was a great choice!

just a suggestion, mabey using the clone hand on his right arm as well. i think it would look more balanced and bieng gloves and armor, you'd think he'd where them on both hands, just a suggestion. it still looks awsome!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2005, 09:32 AM »
I actually like that body for it.  I know some people seem to not like the Evolutions EP2 Anakin, but I'm one of the ones that does like it.  The use of darker armor for him does make sense.  Good idea and the Vader robe is a great touch.

I'm not saying it's a bad body. It's just that I think that the Ep3 head looks a little out of place. The skin color is slightly different. I think it's a great custom, and I like the Vader robe.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2005, 01:38 PM »
I love the Dark Armor.

Great Job, I might have to copy this idea for myself, only without the soft goods. I've always liked the look of sculpted Cloaks and Capes over the Cloth ones. Thats no Gripe about your choice though, It's just my personal Preference.

Keep up the Great Work.

Fritzkrieg

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2005, 08:27 PM »
I like the use of the two different body pieces. It makes for deluxe looking anakin. You just need to paint the chest area to match the head. Maybe you can give him a blue undershirt so you won't have to match skin color.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Darth Nirvana - Thanks for the comments.  I went with the AOTC torso, because to me, the ROTS torso looked too blocky and square.  The AOTC torso had more of a torso shape to me.  Also I wanted to give him some height compared to Obi, and the AOTC upper legs seem to be  a little longer than the ROTS legs.

jedistyle - The robotic hand was a toss up for me.  I like the idea of him showing the hand, but it does seem kinda out of place with the armor.  I might try to drybrush the hand with silver to give it a better flow.

Fritzkrieg - I prefer sculpted plastic capes as well (as on the Obi figure), but none of the plastic vader capes that I had fit well with the figure.

Master_Phruby - Thanks, the undershirt is a great idea. What shade of blue were you thinking about? In normal light (no camera flash) the skin tones look pretty close.  I think the main reason they look different under a flash is that the head is fleshtone plastic and the neck is painted so they take to the flash differently.

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2005, 12:44 AM »
Well since there are two schools of thought on this Anakin, I thought I would get everyone's thoughts on what version they like best.  Thanks.

Original Custom Figure (ROTS Head w/ AOTC Body)

Alternate Figure #1 (ROTS Head w/ ROTS Body)

Alternate Figure #2 (AOTC Head w/ AOTC Body)

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 12/16 (Cmdr Skywalker - Poll Added)
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2005, 01:57 AM »
I think the original custom looks the best. # 3 head looks like it has lipstick and that is disturbing.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2005, 08:36 AM »
I'm going to put my vote on #2. I think that he looks really cool as is and would look even better with that cape on #1 added to it.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2005, 03:13 PM »
i'm going with the original.the episode 3 torso is to square and narrow, the upper arms also look more gangly. i definetly like the episode 2 torso best, again awsome figure!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2005, 09:39 PM »
A couple of characters I made that are based off of a couple of fellow members over at CC.

Sev54 - Former Republic Soldier Turned Mercenary

IGC - Former Beast Rider of Onderon

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Phalanxx's Customs - Updated 12/23
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2005, 12:09 AM »
That first one looks like a killer version of Snake Eyes to me!  I know he's supposed to be a Star Wars figure, so he fits the role for either the Joes or SW I think.  I wonder why they never made GI Joes in more of the Star Wars style?  It would convince me to collect quite a few of them.

The second figure is cool, but I just will always see that head as Rykrof Enloe now.  He's got a feminine ponytail!  Oh no!  It does look very good though, I can't believe how well it blends in with the hairline.  Did you sculpt it into the head?