Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Knight)  (Read 25434 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
« Reply #60 on: June 7, 2006, 10:30 PM »
Received my Anakin today from Jared and once again I'm impressed by the quality.  I think I like this one even more than Luke (which I like a lot).  Glad I got into this line, now bring on Obi Wan. ;D
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 8, 2006, 02:35 AM »
Received my Anakin today from Jared and once again I'm impressed by the quality.  I think I like this one even more than Luke (which I like a lot).  Glad I got into this line, now bring on Obi Wan. ;D

Too bad Obi-Wan has been delayed til August.   >:(

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 8, 2006, 07:15 AM »
Well, I didn't get as lucky this time.  The bottom of my box was dented pretty badly.  :'(

Sucks.  If your in the U.S. contact aimee.venable@Sideshowcollectibles.com or through her direct phone line at 805-214-2158.  She is hooking me up with a new box free of charge.  I also requested that all my future SW 12" orders to be double boxed, and she said my account would be flagged as "MIB" collector.

So you can do that to, and avoid any future package damage.  Oh yeah, and make sure to mention whether you have a regular or exclusive box. 

Cool!  Thanks for the info.  I'll email her this morning.  I just filled out the customer service sheet to ask if they had a replacement because I wanted to make sure I actually got an exclusive replacement since a friend of mine got shipped a regular replacement for her exclusive Luke.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 8, 2006, 08:28 AM »

Too bad Obi-Wan has been delayed til August.   >:(

Bummer.  So we might get Kit first.  The SDCC Anakin does ship in July so that could hold us over until Obi Wan (although he won't have anyone to fight until then   :'()

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 8, 2006, 08:50 AM »
I got my Anakin last night and can't wait to set him up this evening when I get home.  Has anyone had any trouble with his arms not staying in??  I had a terrible time with Luke (from Medicom) and hope that I don't have the same issues with Sideshow.
Beth

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 8, 2006, 08:52 AM »
I got my Anakin last night and can't wait to set him up this evening when I get home.  Has anyone had any trouble with his arms not staying in??  I had a terrible time with Luke (from Medicom) and hope that I don't have the same issues with Sideshow.

His right arm was detached when I took him out of the box, so I thought I might have a problem.  Put it back together and it's pretty solid and stays attached well.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 8, 2006, 06:40 PM »
Well, I had a helluva time with Anakin's arm.  It took over half an hour just to get it stay in place once I re-did his tunic.  I was almost gonna tape the stupid thing but it finally all stayed in place for the pose I wanted.  I snapped some pictures of him in front of his MR sabers and will probably keep him in that spot. 

The fabrics used were really nice and I think they did a fantastic job on the belt (which is probably my favorite part of the whole outfit since it has great detail and all the items that were on it). 

All in all, once I got passed the arm issue, I am very happy with it and look forward to the rest of the line.

Sideshow Anakin
Beth

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 8, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Well, after reading all the threads at Scum about this figure, it seems everyone has had issues w/ the arm.  One of the mods even did a picture tutorial on how to fix the issue, but it seems more than a few people have actually done damage to the fig in attempting this, mostly to the belt.  Seems the belt breaks pretty easily.  FedEx shipment on mine is due next week so we'll see what I encounter.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 8, 2006, 08:36 PM »
I hopped on over to RS and reviewed the threads.  Interesting that I pretty much fixed Anakin's sleeve the way the tutorial went.  It's a bummer though that so many have had the same situation and I really doubt the SDCC exclusive will address the problem.  I, too, almost broke my saber.  It's very loose and I was just hoping it wouldn't snap off.  I really didn't want to find out if it came out and popped back in or not (and it looks like it doesn't, according to a poster over at 'Scum).

Still, I like the doll and am going to make long "jammie" pants for him and do the bedroom scene so I can utilize the mechanical arm (unless they make a wedding Padme  :) ).
Beth

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #69 on: June 9, 2006, 11:58 AM »
I got mine today, looks great. The arm is loose in the box though, hanging very low.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2006, 02:07 PM »
I really like this line and think it's the best bang for my buck..

With that said, I've completely given up on the 3.75" line as it is too costly to keep up on and too many rehashes to boot.

Does anyone know where I can find some decent 12" figure display cases?  I can't keep up with the dust collecting on my SS figures.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2006, 02:46 PM »

Does anyone know where I can find some decent 12" figure display cases?  I can't keep up with the dust collecting on my SS figures.

I'm buying this one for my SS figures:

IKEA Detolf

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2006, 03:27 PM »
Thanks, I was going to order it online and the total price came to $335.

I guess I'll have to wait and take a road trip to my nearest IKEA store....

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2006, 03:38 PM »
****, $275 for shipping?  Where the hell they shipping it from, the moon?

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Thanks, I was going to order it online and the total price came to $335.

I guess I'll have to wait and take a road trip to my nearest IKEA store....

Oh yeah.. IKEA is the way to go.... 60 bucks for something like that if I recollect
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"