Author Topic: Target "Demise of Grievous" Figure  (Read 23755 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Target "Demise of Grievous" Figure
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2006, 01:50 AM »
It lives!

:)

Seriously though, the Lava figures were weird.  They definitely sat...  Some ShadowTroopers sat around here too (or so I have heard, I didn't see them out in my local area but others did get Shadows on clearance at a couple Targets out here).  I think Grievous, if produced heavily, may actually sit... 

I think the Lava figs caught people off guard...  I got mine on sale thankfully.  The ShadowTrooper I actually liked.  I'd love an army of him actually, but alas that ain't gonna happen.

I could see Grievous gathering some dust...  I don't think it'll end anything.  I think Target has it set in their heads that they can do this, and thus they will.  I'm going to get mine early (safe than sorry), but hang onto the receipt and see if I catch these backing up around the stores.  If that's teh case, back he goes and clearance time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2006, 04:49 AM »
This thing's out now...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2006, 08:26 AM »

They definitely sat...  Some ShadowTroopers sat around here too

Shadow Troopers? Sitting? I never saw them at my Targets!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2006, 03:48 PM »

I bought four of them on clearance for $6.48 each.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Well I have some(black Target troops) extras for non-clearance rate if anyone wants to PM me? :-\

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2006, 07:42 PM »
Look at the correct scale of Grievous to a battle droid.  Hasbro has Grievous equal in height to a battle droid; however, in the movie, Grievous has to be squatting WAY down to be as short as a battle droid.

Hasbro's Grievous figures all suck big time.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2006, 08:12 PM »
Oh well. Grievous is one character I don't care much about. Underscaled Wookies and Vader are terrible, though.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2006, 09:25 PM »

I bought four of them on clearance for $6.48 each.

Lucky bastard.  >:( Northern VA scalpers are the worst.

SilverZ

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2006, 09:39 PM »
That's a really good pic to use. I think that the TSC version goes a long way to correct paint inaccuracies from the ROTS release, but damn, yeah, it's way too short. He really needs a vTSC/OTC style figure with a soft goods cloak and some upgraded articulation as well as height correction. He needs some sort of neck socket to mimic that hunch, and a ton of additional joints in the legs.

Look at the correct scale of Grievous to a battle droid.  Hasbro has Grievous equal in height to a battle droid; however, in the movie, Grievous has to be squatting WAY down to be as short as a battle droid.

Hasbro's Grievous figures all suck big time.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 1, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Keep in mind that he stands that way though.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 1, 2006, 12:59 PM »
On an accuracy note, I just got the "Chronicles: The Prequels" book and noticed that on the size comparison chart, Grievous is the same height as Chewbacca. 

I've always said that Grievous (and possibly his bodyguards) have been severely underscaled in their various incarnations, and now I have actual proof!  They need to do a deluxe three pack with VOTC/VTSC styled Grievous (as Jared suggested) and two differently painted IG-100s, also with super articulation and soft goods capes.  Throw in some properly scaled staffs (or, as the Clone Wars Animated Team refers to them, "fart sticks") with the lightsaber-esque bulb ends, and we all win!

Unforunately, given Hasbro's offerings this year in terms of originality and their ability to, you know, actually get the product to the stores in a decent amount, such a thing would be a pipe dream.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #71 on: April 1, 2006, 02:04 PM »
He's the size of Chewie?!!  Good lord.  I'd be in for a properly scaled one, then.  And make him so his arms detach from each other.  That would be sweet.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 1, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Yeah.
I guess I can see it now.
Dwarf Grievous.  :P
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 1, 2006, 03:55 PM »
I don't understand how Hasbro could have possibly dropped the ball on six different Grievous figures.  Six times.  Preview, 4-armed, exploding, deluxe, Coruscant, and now the Target exclusive.  Earth to Hasbro...I didn't buy the first 5 midget pieces of Grievous ****, and I am most certainly not paying double for your newest piece of underscaled ****.  No ******* way.  At what point in Star Wars did anyone at Hasbro see Grievous to be anything but a HUGE, TOWERING, MASSIVE presence.  You guys say he's at least as tall as Chewbacca in some books, and he is even bigger in the movie and cartoons.

Here he is almost twice as tall as Ki-Adi Mundi:

Here, look at the size of him across the shoulders as opposed to his magna guards:

Again from above, when standing straight up, at least another 50% taller he should be as opposed to a battle droid:

For ****'s sake even the Galactic Heroes have him much bigger and taller than Obi Wan:

So, at what point did Hasbro decide to scale Grievous almost as short as Obi Wan on six separate occasions??  :

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 3, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Great points Dressel.  I had been brainwashed by Hasbro into thinking that Greivous was the same size as his human counterparts.

How cool would a new figure be that is the same height as Chewie?