Author Topic: I want a "Mid-Wife Droid"!  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
  • Smell the Aroma of a True Ding a Ling King
    • View Profile
I want a "Mid-Wife Droid"!
« on: December 13, 2005, 06:21 PM »
I started the same thread at RebelScum so I appologize if this is a re-post for anyone.
Well, you know the "Vag##a Droid" that delivers Luke and Leia in ROTS?
Ever since I saw the movie I thought it had an interesting design- cool head and those smooth arms... and if you think about it that droid played a pretty important role.
Well listen up Hasbro! I want a figure! This may have been the most important Droid in all the galaxy!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: I want a "Mid-Wife Droid"!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 06:26 PM »
I'd rather have another Imperial Med Droid that worked on Vader.  :P

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 06:44 PM »
teh Bagina Droid could pwn that guy..

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Vagina isn't a dirty word, you can say it, but yeah Mid-wife probably works better...  Or "Ooba Droid" is my preferred name since for some weird ass reason it says that...  "Oooba...  oooooba..."

WTF is that about?  Anyway, I'd take one and the Vader 2-1B-ish droid.  I'm all about wonky background droids and aliens mixed into the line.  Troop Builders always get my preferential treatment, but yeah the background characters are what make this one of the broadest toy lines ever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 11:30 PM »
like I said I came over from Rebelscum so I'm used to having to watch my mouth...  :P

but yeah.. your not the first person to comment on the whole ooba oooba thing. I'll have to watch ROTS without being extremly stoned sometime and check out that sound first hand... If only the Vagina Droid could get as much notireity as everyone's favorite "Ice Cream Makin Guy" me might actually get the wheels turning on the manufacturing of a fig  :D

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 03:33 AM »
Vagina isn't a dirty word, you can say it, but yeah Mid-wife probably works better...  Or "Ooba Droid" is my preferred name since for some weird ass reason it says that...  "Oooba...  oooooba..."

WTF is that about?  Anyway, I'd take one and the Vader 2-1B-ish droid.  I'm all about wonky background droids and aliens mixed into the line.  Troop Builders always get my preferential treatment, but yeah the background characters are what make this one of the broadest toy lines ever.

I'm pretty sure Oooba meant breathe in whatever language they speak on Polis Massa, that was my initial interpretation anyways.

I'd definitely dig a 2 Pack that came with the Midwife Droid and The Doctor droind that tells Obi-Wan anc Co. that Padme is dying.
"This is the way."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 04:11 AM »
I could live without the Mid-Wife droid, but I'd really like the Vader duo of 2-1B and FX-7 (or whatever their names are in this scene).

Offline MasterTiMothee

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 09:16 AM »

Official name in StarWars.com databank is Midwife Droid, though---http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/midwifedroid/ According to the databank, the Polis Massans pulled these droids out of storage, not having anything readily available to them that was acquainted with humanoid physiologies. The "ooba, ooba" was supposed to be a soothing sound, audible to humans. (I guess Polis Massan communication is not otherwise audible to humans.)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 11:22 AM »
This is a figure I'd buy, but I'd hate myself for it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 08:43 PM »
I actually thought that they would have put this figure in with either Luke or Leia or both baby figures... guess I was wrong.

I agree with the others, though. The only droids I'd be interested in are 2-1B and FX-6 to complete a Imperial Rehab Center set.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 9, 2006, 09:22 PM »
..AND since they didn't add it with the babies(sep. twins packs) are we now gonna get a Birth of the twins Battle 'birthing' Pack including this droid? :P

Seriously, I wouldn't mind paying for this salad spoons droid
either.

LOL maybe you could push a button on it and it says Ooooba! like the R2 voice mechanism.
Really WTF is that Jesse?!