Author Topic: New Indy Toys - Rumors and Speculation!  (Read 86139 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: New Indy Toys - Rumors and Speculation!
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2008, 12:07 AM »
Sixthed!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2008, 04:49 PM »
Jeezus...we really need something new to talk about!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2008, 10:19 AM »
Cool toy review has a Indy Advertisment form Hasbro putting the toys on Shelf May 1st.   
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2008, 02:43 PM »
Cool toy review has a Indy Advertisment form Hasbro putting the toys on Shelf May 1st.   

And this jives with the February release date how?  I'm guessing but with the first wave being ROTLA that doesn't quite count with respect to the Crystal Skull toys.  May 1st seems awfully close to the movie release date, I'd have thought they'd go with a greater amount of lead time, more in line with the usual April shelf date.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2008, 02:46 PM »

Thanks for the link!

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2008, 03:03 PM »
Hmmm.... maybe they actually will have a midnight madness?  Do we know how many figures are expected for the initial launch?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Hmmm.... maybe they actually will have a midnight madness?  Do we know how many figures are expected for the initial launch?

I don't think there will be "enough" product really to warrant a Midnight Madness. If so, you would have thought they'd have held off on releasing the IJ lego sets. But who knows?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2008, 03:21 PM »
I think midnight madness woul dbe fun but i dont think Indy has the power behind it that star wras does.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2008, 06:34 PM »
May?  :-[
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2008, 09:09 PM »
This is really odd, and possibly not for the US.  First, the "and the" in the movie title is missing (Indiana Jones "and the" Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.)

Secondly, the date says "1st May 2008" without any commas or anything.  Shouldn't it say "May 1st, 2008?"

Thirdly, in "Cinemas" last I checked we here in the US call them movie theaters...I think this ad is for the UK.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2008, 01:33 AM »
Regarding the midnight madness... maybe TRU won't open their doors, but I would think that Walmarts that are 24 hour stores might get their stuff ready for sales to begin at midnight... this is the same Hasbro team that is working on the Star Wars stuff, so I wouldn't rule anything out... so who knows.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2008, 01:45 AM »
From, http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk/cgi-bin/showarticle.pl?section=news&articleid=2464

INDIANA JONES

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 1 - February 2008
Marion Ravenwood
Indiana Jones Cairo
Indy Temple of Doom
Cairo Swordsman
Sallah
Belloq
German Soldier with gun
Monkey Man with monkey

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 2 - April 2008
Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones
Mutt Williams
Mutt Williams
Irena Spalko
Dovchenko
Narzca Warrior
Cemetery Warrior
Russian Soldier

I'm thinking speedermike is correct on this one.  It doesn't at all jive with Matt's earlier information, presuming it is correct.  It won't take long to find out if anything is released in February.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
info
« Reply #132 on: February 2, 2008, 08:42 AM »
Want some toys news about indy check out this from actionfigure.com

Whilst there was no photography on Hasbro's stand, I did get chance to check out their Indiana Jones line and see a few products not previously seen before...

We've seen the Indiana Jones fgures for some time now and opinions been a bit mixed. Some people love them, some people are indifferent to them, although I've not seen (m)any peple say they hate them. Still, I'd not been sold on the new hasbro Indiana Jones range until I got to see some of the other items they're bringing out.

So let's talk about vehicles, and here's where I am very excited. Everyone remembers the desert chase from Raiders... one of my favorite Indiana Jones scenes. Well Hasbro are doing vehicles from that scene

First up is the kubelwagon (or whatever german vehicle it is); basically a german jeep with a gun on the back. I didn;t spend too much time looking at that because I was looking at the truck and being shown some of the action features. For example a whip extends from the rear axle so you can drag Indy behind it. The front grill will also spring down to recreate that part of the movie. I did ask if the door slightly unhinges but it didn't, however the rear canopy was removable to covert it to an open flat bed truck

Of course to really complete that scene you'd need Indy on horseback, which is why I'm glad to report this is one of the deluxe figures coming out. Also expect to see a German motorcyclist in this range. I also saw a set of INdiana Jones and the Arc of the Covenant, Marion and a Cairo henchman 2-pack and something that had me jumping up and down for joy: a German Soldier 2-pack. Yes, Hasbro will allow you to amass the greatest number of Nazis since the Nuremburg Rally. For the benefit of the soccer moms reading, and just in case anyone was of any doubt, real Nazis are bad, but toy german soldiers are all about discovering history through role-play.

There were no single pack figures from the new amazingly long-titled Indiana Jones and the Kindom of the Crystal Skull (or IJATKOTCS - the only movie abbreviation, that itself needs an abbreviation) but they did have the playset from the movie.

Now it seemed really, really familiar and I couldn't put my finger on it at the time but now thinking about it, I'm sure that it at least uses parts from the Mustafar Final Duel playset from the Star Wars line. You know that lava pool on that playset. That was a bubbling mud pool. In truth I was a little disappointed as it just seemed like a mountain playset, and they're never too exciting.

There was one figure on the playset though, that made me think that if Apocalypto fans were ever looking for a playset and figure, this would be ideal for them. The South American Indian reminded me very much of the ones from the opening scene from Raiders and I found myself thinking it would be great if the story of Crystal Skull somehow linked back to that opening. Got a while to wait until I find out whether that happens or not, but the figures should start popping up before then

Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
info
« Reply #133 on: February 2, 2008, 08:50 AM »
SOunds interesting but i really hope the vehicles don't have pack-in figures. I didnt intend to buy the vehicles. Deluxe figures sound great though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: February 2, 2008, 09:03 PM »
If that truck's to-scale there's a whole other slew of collectors into this line. ;)  Same with the bike, and the German car (which I was extremely hopeful for).  THe car, more or less, should be a German staff car, and not a Kubelwaggen, which I believe weren't in any Indy film except TLC when one got put up onto the gun of the WW1 Tank Indy was duking it out on.

Outstanding stuff...  I'm geeked to get the vehicles, and a German figure 2-pack rocks!  Also glad to hear about a Cairo Thug because, well, I really wanted the guys in white robes and black hoods!  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77