Author Topic: Pride Displays  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Pride Displays
« on: September 25, 2004, 09:33 PM »
Clicky for info on pride displays.  Saw the info on the front page of RS and they caught my eye.  They look kind of interesting in a vinty sort of way (maybe this should be in the vintage section, but they are new?). 

I like the backing card but I'm a little less keen on the desert flowing into the cantina like that :-\

I also see no foot pegs on the display, either front or back, so I'm a little concerned about figures standing well.  I can't get vinty's to stand well on a perfectly level piece of wooden shelving, so some texturing may only add to the problem. 

Space also becomes an issue.  From the footprint that would leave, I probably have about 80 figures displayed in a similar area.  As my wife said...someday you will run out of room.

Still, a neat little item.  Pricey too.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Pride Displays
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 09:15 AM »
These displays include stands; they were not allowed to use pegs, because Hasbro would have considered that a playset and caused trouble for Pride.

Nothing official yet, but these will probably make their way to the US as well.

I plan on buying two, one to open, one to not. The packaging is phenomenal, and it true vintage style, which will go very nicely with the VOTC stuff.

http://www.pridedisplays.com/indexx.htm
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 03:41 PM »
I saw these this weekend as well, and thought it looked kind of cool.  I might consider picking one up to display the VOTC or something on as well, depending on price/availability here in the US.  It is kind of neat though, and vintage-esque.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Kind of an older thread, but this was the first one I found that discussed the Pride displays.  First off, has anyone picked up the first version (ANH/Tatooine style) from this line?  If so, what do you think of it?  Also, Rebelscum now has a couple of pics on their front page detailing the next couple Pride displays - Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith.  Although they did seem a little pricey to me, these sets do look kind of neat, and I wouldn't mind picking some up to display the loose vintage figures in.  Maybe some day.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 04:45 PM »
I agree that they look nice, but I wouldn't pay even half what they've been charging. 

Maybe it's because I'm not actively collecting vintage though.  In the future, maybe I'd change my mind.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 04:47 PM »
I agree Jesse, the price is what has always kept me away too.  I don't even know what they (or the single one I guess at this point) go for currently, but I remember the initial asking price was too rich for my blood.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 05:01 PM »
I think they were initially listed for $70 or $75, but if memory serves me right, they've dropped to around $50.  Still too pricey.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 11:56 PM »
Damn... the ROTS set looks great.  I love having part of Palpatine's office like that.  That is probably going to make this a selling point for me and will be the only one I buy. 

Are those platforms modular?  I sure do hope so...

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 05:24 AM »
I think they were initially listed for $70 or $75, but if memory serves me right, they've dropped to around $50.  Still too pricey.

Is this any better?  :P

Only $30 at AFX, through Tuesday 12/13...  Better hurry!

I'm sitting with one in my cart right now, wondering if I really want to get into this line, especially if it means having to get numerous additional stands for $50ish each.  ****, I dunno...  :-\
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 05:25 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 09:58 AM »
Sold out!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 02:53 PM »
Not saying sold out for me.  ???

$30. is a good price and they do ship internationally but they ship UPS Standard (Ground) and USPS Express Mail to Canada. I sure know we would get dinged with customs or brokerage fees.

I'm sitting with one in my cart right now, wondering if I really want to get into this line, especially if it means having to get numerous additional stands for $50ish each.  ****, I dunno...  :-\

I'm going to pass on this, more stands coming out at those prices.  :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 03:37 PM »
I'm quite happy with the carboard displays from my WM Early Bird Sets as a back drop for my figures, so I'll have to pass too.