Author Topic: Ever said someone else's name?  (Read 4227 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Ever said someone else's name?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 05:59 PM »
Thanks for the laugh...

If you really want to talk about embarassing situations.....

One of my girlfriends in college (many moons ago) lived off-campus.  I found myself spending a lot of time at her apartment instead of my dorm room.  Whenever she was in the kitchen, I would get into this habit of lightly slapping her back cheek as i walked behind her (hey - she had a very sweet arse).  She loved it and a kiss on the neck usually followed.

Speed time up to my first Christmas back home after spending so much time with "Stuff" (my gf's nickname).  One morning, very sleepy, I walk through the kitchen and playfully pat MY MOM'S ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about your Freudian slips!  I suddenly became completely awake and just stared at my mom.  She stared back at me and I stammered out "I have no idea what just happened", turned and left the kitchen.

BTW...it is better to blurt out an ex's name while talking, rather than if you were doing something else!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 09:16 PM »
If you really want to talk about embarassing situations.....

One of my girlfriends in college (many moons ago) lived off-campus.  I found myself spending a lot of time at her apartment instead of my dorm room.  Whenever she was in the kitchen, I would get into this habit of lightly slapping her back cheek as i walked behind her (hey - she had a very sweet arse).  She loved it and a kiss on the neck usually followed.

Speed time up to my first Christmas back home after spending so much time with "Stuff" (my gf's nickname).  One morning, very sleepy, I walk through the kitchen and playfully pat MY MOM'S ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about your Freudian slips!  I suddenly became completely awake and just stared at my mom.  She stared back at me and I stammered out "I have no idea what just happened", turned and left the kitchen.

BTW...it is better to blurt out an ex's name while talking, rather than if you were doing something else!

Ha-ha!  I had an ALMOST similar situation occur.  When I was dating my wife I got into the habit of walking by her and lightly smacking her butt.  It must be a relationship thing I guess?  Well we went on a plane flight from Illinois to Arizona to see her sister and family.  It was the first time I had seen her sister before.  These two look very, very similar since they are sistera.  Same hair lenght and body type.  You can't really tell them apart from behind.  Seriously. 

I was serious about my future wife of course and wanted the family to like me.  Well anyway, I thought my girlfriend was in front of me and I was not even thinking.  I thought it was her in front of me.  I was getting ready to swat her on the butt when my head figured out at that last instant it was the SISTER!  I pulled my hand back of course.  But man oh man I just about had a heart attack.  What would have happened if I would have swatted my girlfriend's sister's butt?  LOL! 

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 11:00 AM »
that's awesome DB, i guess it made the family like you  even more ;D
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 06:31 PM »

Best.  Post.  Ever.    :D

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 12:47 AM »
That's why you guys should date girls who are all the same name.  It makes life a lot easier.

I dated three girls in a row that were all named Jennifer.  I highly recommend not doing that.  I could never date another girl with that name now.    ;)

As for the wrong name thing; I've never done that but to this day when my phone rings at home I have this urge to answer it using this stupid "phone script" that we used at the support desk at IBM.  And I haven't worked there in 8 years.  But saying that stupid thing 40, 50 or even 60 times a day for 5 years really beats it into you.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 12:50 AM »
That's why you guys should date girls who are all the same name.  It makes life a lot easier.

I dated three girls in a row that were all named Jennifer.  I highly recommend not doing that.  I could never date another girl with that name now.    ;)

As for the wrong name thing; I've never done that but to this day when my phone rings at home I have this urge to answer it using this stupid "phone script" that we used at the support desk at IBM.  And I haven't worked there in 8 years.  But saying that stupid thing 40, 50 or even 60 times a day for 5 years really beats it into you.

E...

I know what you mean. I answer my home line "Kevvo's!" sometimes out of habit. :-\

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2005, 01:23 AM »
Ha!  At least your's is short.  Our phone script:

"Customer Service Center, this is Eric.  May I have your employee serial number please?"

I'll get to the point of saying my name, stop, and then there's this awkward silence before I say I'm sorry and just ask "what's up?"

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 10:24 AM »

E...

I know what you mean. I answer my home line "Kevvo's!" sometimes out of habit. :-\

Kevin
Do you ever answer it "Kevbo's"?

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2005, 03:27 PM »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2005, 05:40 PM »
For a while, my mom had this really bad habit of answering our house phone, "Accounts Payable, this is Lorraine."

I thought it was pretty funny, but for some damned reason, I got the bug and answered our house phone, "Accounts Payable, this is Lorraine" a couple of times.

So akward.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2005, 03:07 PM »
"Hey Sarah? "

"Did you just call me Sarah?"

"Umm...No, I said, "Is sara beer in the fridge?"
This is the way.

I have spoken.