Author Topic: Repacks that you'd like to see in 2006?  (Read 13027 times)

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
Re: OTC 2006 - what repacks would you like to see?
« Reply #30 on: August 1, 2005, 01:41 AM »
I'd like em to "repack" the McQuarrie Stormtrooper, since that's the only "SAGA" figure I never saw.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: August 2, 2005, 12:33 AM »
The McTrooper's definitely a good repack...  Overlooked a lot too.  He's one I never saw at retail and I believe it was Matt who helped me get that figure.

He's a nice figure mostly though, looks pretty cool...  I'd hoped to nab a couple just for the parts, but now count myself just as lucky to have one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #32 on: August 2, 2005, 09:15 AM »
At this point I can't say I really want to see any repacks, so much that I can;t even bring myself to offer any suggestions.

Since they've been doing it quite a bit , I feel more and more "cheated" by Habro than anythign when they bring the repacks out.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #33 on: August 3, 2005, 12:38 AM »
The McQuarrie Stormtrooper would be a great addition for the Death Star Wave, hopefully we get it as I still need one.  ::) While I agree that repacks on some level do cheat us long time collectors in terms of seeing the same old figures again, it also saves us (or should save us) from buying the repacks. Personally, during the OTC wave I bought only a couple of the repacks and they were either army builders or figures from the SAGA 04 line which I had never found. I feel bad for the carded collectors who have to have every carded version of a figure, they get hurt the most for their obsession hobby.  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #34 on: August 3, 2005, 10:49 AM »
I really don't undertsand wanting reapacks. If you're a new collector, and there's a figure from that past that you don't have and you really want, go to Ebay or Brian's Toys or something.  I mean, if I started collecting McFarlane toys today, I would expect to buyolder ones  through dealers and auctions.  I don't expect a toy company to repackage old stuff just becasue I missed it.  I would want the company to focus on new stuff.

I don't mean to be harsh, but one of the fun parts about collecting is tracking down older pieces that you really like.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #35 on: August 4, 2005, 02:57 AM »
I really don't undertsand wanting reapacks. If you're a new collector, and there's a figure from that past that you don't have and you really want, go to Ebay or Brian's Toys or something.  I mean, if I started collecting McFarlane toys today, I would expect to buyolder ones  through dealers and auctions.  I don't expect a toy company to repackage old stuff just becasue I missed it.  I would want the company to focus on new stuff.

I don't mean to be harsh, but one of the fun parts about collecting is tracking down older pieces that you really like.

It's not that most people in this thread want the repacks, so much as we all know Hasbro is going to do the repacks, so we might as well go along for the ride. Some of the harder to find pieces go for more than retail on the secondary market and not everyone is willing to pay double or triple for a figure if Hasbro can just re-release it for us. That's really what I think the lists in these threads are about, hopes that Hasbro will at least repack figures we need or are at least logical. Personally, I'd prefer them not to do the repacks, but I believe it is safe to say that gone are the days of a full year of nothing but brand new figures. :(
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #36 on: August 4, 2005, 04:46 AM »
And really, repacks will be a fact of life with the line from here on out, because Hasbro will perpetually need to get new blood in.  They'll do that by always making sure the core characters in their core outfits are available - something Playmates didn't with the Simpsons, and it cost them - and since the best versions of those figures exist (for the most part) repacking is the sanest, cheapest way to do it.

If I were them, I'd just repack the VOTC figures every year, along with some updated PT main characters.  There's no real need for a new Han or Chewie or Vader etc. - some of them, like Luke and Leia, yeah, but more or less, there's nowhere else to go for these figures.

So long as they keep making great figures of characters I want, they can repack all they want.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: August 4, 2005, 03:39 PM »

It's not that most people in this thread want the repacks, so much as we all know Hasbro is going to do the repacks, so we might as well go along for the ride. Some of the harder to find pieces go for more than retail on the secondary market and not everyone is willing to pay double or triple for a figure if Hasbro can just re-release it for us. That's really what I think the lists in these threads are about, hopes that Hasbro will at least repack figures we need or are at least logical. Personally, I'd prefer them not to do the repacks, but I believe it is safe to say that gone are the days of a full year of nothing but brand new figures. :(

Exactly. Even this year, a movie year, we got rpeacks and repaints within the first 68 or however many there are now. I'd love no repacks, but it ain't going to happen. That being said there are a few figures I'd like to see repacked or rehashed/kit bashed.

ANH

- McQuarrie Stormtrooper
- Sandtrooper, preferably the Evolutions version but POTJ is ok
- Luke and Han Stormtrooper style (VOTC style but $5)
- VOTC Stormie for $5 (Could be in a baggie, I just want to army build with these guys for a little cheaper)
- Jawa 2 pack with the CT Jawa and the Jawa that came with the Ronto
- Dutch Vandar body with Biggs head/removable helmet
- Dutch Vandar body with Red Leader head/removable helmet
- Dutch Vandar body with Wedge head/removable helmet (I guess that's kind of the SWS exclusive)
- OTC Cantina wave

ESB

- Bespin Cloud Car Pilot 2nd head
- Bespin cloud City Security 2nd head
- Bespin cloud City Security 3nd head
- Ugnaughts repaint
- VOTC Fett with correct ESB paint/guns and for $5
- Snowtrooper, Saga/OTC
- K3PO or I guess R3PO wpould be ok
- Admiral Ozzel, if they wanted to get creative they could put different heads on and make diffferent admirals, like Piett

ROTJ

- Ewok 2 packs, repaints of Teebo, Logray, Wicket, Paploo from AT-ST, Ultra Ewok
- Paploo on Single Card
- Ephant Mon
- VOTC Chewie for $5
- Han AT-ST Driver
- AT-ST Driver, Han body with alt head
- AT-ST Driver, Han body with 2nd alt head
- Endor Rebel 3rd head
- Imperial Officer 4th head
- J'Quille
- ROTS style Royal Guard with SAGA pike instead of the gun

TPM

- Sio Bibble
- TC-14
- Ascension Gun Queen Amidala
- Holographic Sidious
- R4-B1 (or whatever that droid that came out with TC-14 was called)
- Red Astromech from Queen's Starship

AOTC

- Obi-Wan Red leader with AOTC head
- SA Clone, Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, and White all clean

ROTS

- It's really to early to tell but Obi-Wan Red Leader
- #41 clone, Utapau colors and Green colored
- Tank Gunner with Utapau Colors
- Red Guard and Blue Guard (more red than blue though)

And of course I don't want these all in one year, I'd like to see them spread out over several, and I'd rather see all new figures but repacks are inevitable.
"This is the way."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #38 on: August 4, 2005, 05:36 PM »

You're right up to a point. However:

1) Figures that are rare/expensive/were never properly distributed in the first place. Case in point: eopie. I'm not gonna pay $90 or whatever the going price is for one of these. If Hasbro can rerelease the straight-to-clearance Falcon, they should be able to rerelease something as small and simple as an eopie.

2) Kids and casual enthusiasts. Let's say Joe Shmo or Jane Everykid wants a Hailfire droid. Not exactly the rarest of rare toys, but it was only released once in Clone Wars and is no longer available. Joe and Jane are not going to search online and pay $30-40 for one--they'll just skip it. That's a lost business opportunity for Hasbro when it would be so easy to fire up the presses to make more.

3) Hasbro is going to do repacks regardless (easier and cheaper than new molds), so we might as well try to steer them towards good choices instead of bad ones. The only harm I see is to the secondary market for HTF/old figures.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 5, 2005, 09:59 AM »
Repacks;

POTF2 Admirial Motti
Commtech Stormtrooper
POTJ Security battle Droid

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
2 repacks from each film...
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2005, 02:02 PM »
If you could pick out two figures from each of the 6 films to appear in the new SAGA line, what woudl they be?  Let's say it's one wave, 12 figures (one figure of each per case).

TPM - ?
AOTC - ?
ROTS - ?
ANH - ?
ESB - ?
ROTJ - ?

:P

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2 repacks from each film...
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2005, 02:56 PM »
If you could pick out two figures from each of the 6 films to appear in the new SAGA line, what woudl they be? 

Are they supposed to be repacks we want to see again or repacks that "define" those movies aka Main Characters?   ???

I'll do both I guess:

What Hasbro would do (aka trying to build a Dream Main Character HoF assortment):

TPM - Qui-Gon (Jedi Master) and Darth Maul (MotDS)
AOTC - Mace Windu (Ep1 version) and Padme (Arena Battle)
ROTS - Anakin (Evolution) and Obi-Wan (Pilot)
ANH - Princess Leia (vOTC)) and Cantina Han Solo (vOTC)
ESB - Dagobah Luke (OTC) and Yoda (OTC)
ROTJ - Stormtroper (vOTC) and Chewbacca (vOTC)

Looking at that though, I might try to squeeze the Droids in there instead - for example, probably instead of Mace I'd do 3PO and instead of Qui-Gon I might do R2-D2.

As for what I'd like to see get re-released out of my own wants, it'd be:

TPM - Ep1 Pit Droid 2-pack and Ep1 Gungan Warrior
AOTC - SA Clone Trooper (white) and Evolution Clone Pilot (yellow)
ROTS - RotS#6 Shocktrooper and Evolution Clone Trooper (either color)
ANH - Evolution Sandtrooper and vOTC Stormtrooper
ESB - Saga Snowtrooper and FF AT-AT Driver
ROTJ - PotJ Scout Trooper and Saga TIE Pilot

Now that'd be a nice repack case o' Army Builders.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2005, 02:58 PM »
If all new figures...

TPM- OOM-9 and Senate Guard
AOTC- Clone Pilot and Green Clone
ROTS- Gen 1 Imperial Officer and V-Wing Pilot
ANH- Atmosphere Stormtrooper and Col. Wulf Yaleran
ESB- Snowtrooper and AT-AT Driver
ROTJ- Scout Trooper and Red Guard

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2005, 04:23 PM »
Yeah, they're supposed to be repacks, not new ones... but that's fun too.  How about 2 repacks from each film for a wave, and then 2 new figures from each film for a wave?  Here would be my choices...

REPACK WAVE

TPM - Security Droid, Gungan Warrior
AOTC - SA Clonetrooper, Factory Padme
ROTS - Shocktrooper, 501st Clone Trooper
ANH - Early Bird Chewbacca, TIE Pilot
ESB - Bespin Guard (new head), Dagobah Yoda
ROTJ - Ree Yees, Ishi Tib

NEW WAVE

TPM - Gella Twin, Graga
AOTC - Cliegg Lars, Owen Lars
ROTS - Beru Lars, Nute Gunray
ANH - Tonnika sister, Hem Dazon
ESB - Snowspeeder Luke, Admiral Piett
ROTJ - Hermie Odle, Sgt. Doalyyn

I didn't pick any army builders in the "new" wave because I don't want any new army builders to just be one to a case.

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2005, 09:01 PM »
I'll do the repack/repaint/rehash thing:

TPM: Holo Sidious, Pit Droids 2 Pack (new colors)
AOTC: SA Obi Wan (using Pilot Obi), SA Clone (green)
ROTS: SA Utapau Clone, SA Chewie (EB fig)
ANH: VOTC Stormtrooper, VOTC Han
ESB: Dagobah Yoda, Bespin Capture Han
ROTJ: Evo Vader, VOTC Fett