Author Topic: Gentle Giant Clash of the Titans!!  (Read 16308 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Clash of the Titans!!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 07:20 PM »
It is unlikely that they will be able to get any more of these, but they will keep my order open for a while in case any do arrive.  :-\

Another e-mail from BBTS, they are going to officially cancel the remaining preorders on Bubo's as they only received a small portion & are they not able to find anymore of them.

Sure glad I jumped on the one at Hollywood Heroes.  :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Not exactly GG but this is sure one unique item I got off the bay, a Bubo AM Radio made in Japan. This did not come with a box but I have seen it on a Google search and it has Midnight Owl Radio listed. It has some weight to it & measures 7" high & 4 1/2" wide & requires a 9 volt battery.

The eyes are really something, not only do they have jewels for the eyes but they are dials for the radio. The left eye is the station dial & the right eye is the volume dial & it works like a charm.  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 09:16 PM »
Well since this is a Clash of the Titans thread I figured this would be a good place to show this off.  :P

I received this bad brute in the mail on the weekend, pretty stoked about getting him.  8)

The box is not all bad, the pop was cut out on the upper left front.

One of the fins was broken at the piece that clips into the base of the beast. I managed to fix it & he looks super.  8)

Man, this is one huge creature. Nothing like unleashing the Kraken!  :D

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 10:10 PM »
Thats very cool. Clash of the Titans in one of the those lines on my list to eventually buy.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 11:52 PM »
Nice pick-up, Dale.  :)  My most recent vintage score was COTT as well.

I'd been wanting one of these for a while and was never able to score one.  I got this for less than I would have expected.  So not only is it my first multi-lingual COTT figure, it's my first Charon.  Pretty cool.  :)

And on the subject of Gentle Giant's stuff, what the fudge is going on with those things?  I passed on those bastards for a YEAR, foolishly thinking I'd actually get a set for less than $90 because they were everywhere.  Now I'm really wanting to buy a set and there's NOTHING out there except a load of Medusas.  Nothing on ebay, sites have removed their COTT sections...it's insane how quickly they seemed to disappear.  Stupid me for being a cheap-ass, but it's strange that now there's no trace of them anywhere.

John

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 12:57 AM »
Sweet! Nice pick up on the Canadian carded Charon John, looks like a Woolco price sticker.  8)

As for the statues, I have not seen those on the bay for quite some time. During my searches last year I did come across them single or as a 3 deal but none lately & yes nothing on the net in any online stores.  :-\

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 07:53 PM »
So I finally picked up a Medusa (still the only COTT GG piece I can find) off eBay, and now I have a stupid question.  Is she supposed to come with arrows or some kind of arrow attachment for her quiver?  I've had ****** luck lately, buying new figures that are missing accessories or losing accessories immediately.  I just want to make sure this one isn't supposed to have arrows of any kind....my rotten luck has me a bit paranoid.   :)

Thanks.

John

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 08:31 PM »
I have no idea John, I never picked up the GG stuff. I did find this pic on the GG site, hopefully it helps a bit.  :)

GG Image Gallery

Here's the other 2 incase you get them.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 08:32 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Thanks Dale, I forgot all about that site.  Exactly what I needed.  :)

John

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 09:51 PM »
No problem John. BTW, nice mouse. Great set of ears  ;D

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 08:42 PM »
It seemed like a good time to start collecting these. Its hard to tell but the plastic window is still there. The wing fell off Pegasus but not broken, still in the box.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Ooooooooooohhh, pretty Pegasus.  8)

I always wanted him, congrats on the grab.  :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Received an e-mail from GG:

Gentle Giant is pleased to announce the upcoming release of a Clash of the Titans 3-Piece Bust Collection. This beautifully crafted 3-piece collection is a must have for any Clash of the Titans' collector! Each figure stands approximately 5 to 6 inches tall. This set is scheduled for release July 2008 with a limited edition size of 500 sets.

This set includes: Calibos son of Thetis, the goddess of the Sea; turned by Zeus into a hideous monster. Medusa, the Gorgon whose mere stare would turn any living creature to stone. Kraken, the last of the Titans, is an ancient sea creature that pre-dates the gods. The exquisitely detailed collectibles are depicted on marble-like pillars. Each set will retail for $90. Stay tuned for upcoming pre-order details.

These look pretty sweet & all 3 for $90., me thinks I'll get them.  8)

Pic's from the 2008 Toy Fair from Figures.com.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 09:35 PM »
I hate busts without arms but i did consider grabbing them. I think i will continue to focus on pickingt he vintage stuff up instead though.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Check your e-mail, the Clash of the Titans 3-piece collection is now up for pre-order at the GG site. Available: 7/2008.

Place your order while quantities are still available! This limited edition run of 500 sets will be available by the end of this month. We will send out notifications before your orders are processed. If you are interested in ordering more than 1 set please call 818.504.3555 and ask for Customer Service.

I got mine.  :)