Author Topic: Customizing affected by Christmas?  (Read 5632 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Customizing affected by Christmas?
« on: December 22, 2005, 02:13 PM »
Will yours be? Mine will. I know that I'm gonna get alot of Custom stuff at Christmas as well as alot of money, but I'm going to be out of the house for a week after Christmas, and by the time I come back, schol'll start again. So the time I would have to make alot of customs is gone.  :'(
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customizing affected by Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Well, yes and no for me.  Tonight I can't and Satuday I can't... but tomorrow I can probably work on some stuff and definitely on Sunday some.  But I don't have as much free time as I'd like.

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 05:53 PM »
Considering its only been Chewie, Darth_claus and myself posting today, I think it has affected forum posting only. I personally have three more figures to finish by the end of the year. I hope I can make it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 06:02 PM »
What affects my customizing and photonovels more than Christmas is school. It's been really tough since the first day of the semester and it hasn't let up at any point. I've made a grand total of 3 customs since June.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 07:18 PM »
Yeah I thought I'd have much more time to post and customize over break, but I just haven't been online too much. And when I'm not online I tend to being doing stuff with my family/friends so I haven't even been customizing much, but after New Years I should have a good week and a half to do nothing but customize. :)

I feel bad because there are about 12 of you who I haven't posted any comments for in quite some time. :-[ I keep meaning to go back and post some comments, off the top of my head I think I need to comment on In Rem, darth_nirvana (or darth_claus ;)), Phruby, Glassman, commander_Misseria, Jeff, CHEWIE, magnillafett, darth_ripley, Jedistyle, Fritzkrieg, and Phalanxx's stuff to comment on. SO I got my work cut out for me. :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 07:32 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 10:42 PM »
Gosh, I think that is just about everybody. You got alot of typing on your hands.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 10:46 PM »
And he's rushing me to finish my customs...

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 12:19 PM »
Funny seeing everyone so busy, but that's how life is.

Bad news on my end, my uncle passed away yesterday.  We might have to postpone Christmas for a week as my parents are probably flying out to Virginia.  Sucks, but my wife and I would be staying here, and I'll probably use that extra day for a little more customizing time.  Started a new one this morning... won't reveal him though until the next photonovel.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 02:27 PM »
im sorry for ur loss chewie hope all is well.
cant wait to see ur new customs.

Merry christmas

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Sorry to hear that. That must really throw people of, a family member passing away a couple days before Christmas.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Yeah, it really throws things off, deaths always are hard, especially around the holidays.  Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 02:19 AM »
Funny seeing everyone so busy, but that's how life is.

Bad news on my end, my uncle passed away yesterday.  We might have to postpone Christmas for a week as my parents are probably flying out to Virginia.  Sucks, but my wife and I would be staying here, and I'll probably use that extra day for a little more customizing time.  Started a new one this morning... won't reveal him though until the next photonovel.

Man I'm sorry to hear that. We had something similar happen about 7 or 8 years ago. My great uncle who had just recovered from Brain cancer was going to come out from Rhode Island to see us for Christmas, but his cancer reappeared and he passed away before he could come. It was a pretty bittersweet Christmas that year.

Well Merry Christmas Everyone. :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 02:47 AM »
Sorry to hear that too for you... I guess you have a 1:365 chance of dying on Christmas, and better odds within a few days of it.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 02:47 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 03:28 AM »
That's sad to hear. I've never been much of a christmas person myself, as my grandfather died of a heart attack on christmas when I was very young. It's sad, but you learn to live and move on. It doesn;t mean you'll ever forget your loved one, or forget how you remember them, but the way I see it, moving on is a very good -- if not THE BEST way to honour a relative's death. I am here as a result of my grandfather and I intend to live life not just for me, but for him as well.

Happy holidays, everyone; and don't let a tragedy get you down. Let it teach you to appreciate life, to live life, and to love the people in your life.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 08:16 AM »
Well said, ThePerrenial. I'm really sorry to hear that. None of my family members have died close to the holidays, thank God, knock on wood.