Author Topic: Clone Ranks and Paint Questions?  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Clone Ranks and Paint Questions?
« on: April 26, 2003, 02:05 PM »
A couple weeks ago I bought some of the bootleg Clones and I'm thinking about creating a couple of different Clone ranks.  Since this would be my first custom I ever made I don't know what kind of paint to use and I also need to know the different ranks of the clones and colors.  Any help would be greatly appreactiated. THnaks

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Clone Ranks and Paint Questions?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 10:50 AM »
I do not remember what issue of the Insider it was in but I believe they had a little article on the colors and what their ranks were.
You might also want to check out www.starwars.com to see if they have anything on this.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 06:11 PM »
Thanks David for pointing me towards SW.Com.  I found the ranks now all I need to know is what kind of paints are good to use, anyone has an ideal?

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 08:01 AM »
For Paints I started off using Testors /Pactra enamel paints then started switcing to the Acrylic Paints. Now I use a combination of both. They all have their pros and cons.
Just be sure to spray your custom toys with a clearcoat to protect your hard work.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 6, 2003, 02:47 PM »
I personally prefer water based acrylics, much easier to clean brushes and the like and fix little mistakes.

My paint preference is Citadel which you can buy at Wizards of the Coast stores or probably at local hobby shops that sell miniatures (Warhammer, D&D etc)

Some figures require a spray down of a flat Testors Dull Coat and then paint and then Dull Coat again, some you can just leave the paint be...

People seem to like Apple Barrel paints as well which you can get at Wal Mart...again I would go with acrylics over most enamels

http://www.colossalgames.com/supplies/citadel_paint.htm

And here is your answer DK :)

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020528.html

« Last Edit: May 6, 2003, 02:53 PM by OCB »