Author Topic: Battle of Carkoon Wave  (Read 50676 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Carkoon Wave
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2005, 01:18 PM »
New pics of the Carkoon wave at GH.com

Wow, that Boushh is fantastic.  What a HUGE improvement over the PotF2 version - I love the pony tail!

Han - Yeah, would be nice if he had better articulation (since it looks like Boushh has ball jointed knees and shoulders).  As for the block, it looks like it's cast in red plastic then silver painted over it... it's kind of growing on me.

Bib - I like him, but I kinda don't like the face, a nice blank "I will take you to jabba now" expression would have been better than the scowling one IMHO.

Barada/Fett - look the same with a few small paint ap changes

Chewy - Eh, I'll probbaly buy him carded, but don't need an opener if the chain is the only difference - and he doesn't even come with a gun?   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Wow, Bib Fortuna looks like the best of the bunch to me.  Can't wait to get that figure.

Leia is awesome too... the Han is pretty good, but could use better articulation.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Chewie sucks. It is just the arena Padme chain with a collar on that crappy Chewie sculpt. They should have used the VOTC Fett, but they could have even used the SAGA Bespin version. The 3 new figures are fantastic. I'd have like more articulation on Han but oh well. I'll have 2 get at leat 2 loose so I can have a melting block and a solid grey block. I think the blook is great, I liked the potf2 block, I think this one is an improvement on it. As for the Fett and the Barada, I'll probably pass.
"This is the way."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2005, 04:58 PM »
I love the fact that Bib comes with a little shiv rather than a giant laser rifle or something like that. Bib Fortuna is more the kind of guy to stab someone in back or slip his dagger between someone's ribs. The accessory suits him. And, unless I'm mistaken—I think that's the same dagger shown in the Star Wars: Visual Dictionary next to Bib Fortuna. Does anyone know where there'a a scan of that page?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2005, 05:04 PM »
I like the dagger too.  I think he puts poison on the tips of the daggers.

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2005, 07:39 PM »
I love the fact that Bib comes with a little shiv rather than a giant laser rifle or something like that. Bib Fortuna is more the kind of guy to stab someone in back or slip his dagger between someone's ribs. The accessory suits him. And, unless I'm mistaken—I think that's the same dagger shown in the Star Wars: Visual Dictionary next to Bib Fortuna. Does anyone know where there'a a scan of that page?

I like him having the knive because A, we rarely get knives as accesories, and B, the POTF2 release had him packaged with something like 150+ Guns. :P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2005, 07:45 PM »
Chewie sucks. It is just the arena Padme chain with a collar on that crappy Chewie sculpt. They should have used the VOTC Fett, but they could have even used the SAGA Bespin version.

The Saga Bespin one has the ESB-style slicked-back hair, whereas this one has the ROTJ 'do. Of course the irony is that this was originally "ESB Falcon Mechanic" so his hair was inaccurate from the get-go and is only now getting associated with the right movie. ::)

Then again for Saga2 they could have put a new head on that Saga Chewie....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 07:47 PM by #61 Senator Dork »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2005, 08:02 PM »
GH has hi-res pics of the Carkoon wave. Looks pretty smoking!

The Thermal Detonator in Boushh's hand looks like it may or may not be sculpted on her. Every time I look at Bib and his uber-cool knife accesorie, it makes me want to get him more. I'm definitly gettin' that Barada. Fan-freaking tastic!

Bib reminds me of the Vintage fig with his scary satan teeth mouth. :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 08:18 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Yeah, these look real nice.  My only complaint is that I wish that Bib had ball jointed shoulders.  He didn't really do much in the film, but he did raise his arms and point in an odd way. It would have been cool to for him to be able to do that.

Also, now I may just be nit picking here, but wan't Han's shirt untucked throughout the whole Skiff scene?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2005, 09:00 PM »
Also, now I may just be nit picking here, but wan't Han's shirt untucked throughout the whole Skiff scene?

Yeah, you're right. :P I guess he's pre-fight Han. Or maybe he'll come with a soft goods shirt accessory. ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2005, 09:00 PM »
Looking good, I'm definately skipping Chewie and Fett now. Boussh and Bib are top priority for me.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2005, 02:07 AM »
Bib's even cooler than I thought, and for those who didn't know, his knife accessory is accurate and from the film but didn't seem to appear anywhere.  The accessory showed up in the Vis. Dictionary for the Classic Trilogy though if I recall correctly.  So it's really cool that the little dagger shows up as his accessory.  Be cool if they managed to get a working holster hidden on him somewhere that hides the little hold-out blaster he supposedly had as well, but whatever.

Boussh looks great...  I'm just curious about the arm articulation and the detonator's removability (which I'm assuming it is removable, but I could see it not being).

Han's my biggest disappointment...  I really think knee articulation was a must, as this figure should've equalled the Cantina wave in overall quality.  Han wasn't a statue at the battle, he was actually quite active, and while the arm articulation's good enough, the legs needed extra umph.  I will say the headsculpt's grown on me and looks a lot more like Ford than it seemed at first.  The sculpt overall is quite nice actually.

Barada and Fett are pretty much a pass, definitely for Fett who I have both his variations already anyway.  Chewie I keep thinking I want the chain accessory, especially if there's a collar that comes off there that I can transfer it to a VOTC Chewie I have waiting for just this purpose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Boussh looks great... I'm just curious about the arm articulation and the detonator's removability (which I'm assuming it is removable, but I could see it not being).

I'm pretty sure it is, Jesse.  I remember getting a slight chuckle out of the carded shot that MouseDroid had up a week or so ago, because the Choking Hazard label said something about "Small ball and parts."   :D

Princess Leia: Alderaanian heroine or closet transsexual?  Film at 11!

That said, the Boussh looks great and is a big improvement on the POTF2 version, which I really liked and still do.  Han is cool too, although I do lament the lack of articulation in the legs and shoulders; I adore the block, and I really hope they do a running change that isn't red so we can have a regular gray block.  Bib looks cool, if a bit goofy, but I still say the vintage version is the best one done in terms of quality.

Boba, Chewie, and Barada are now definite passes for me.  The Fett is cool, mainly for the base, but Barada and Chewie are pointless.  Here's to hoping the rest of the repacks during the course of the year are this quality so it will save me some money!  :P

Question though: is the Carbonite block a solid piece or is yet another "open back" block? 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2005, 01:33 PM »
Something doesn't look quite right in regards to Han's face/head.  Looks a little off. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Carbonite block is hollow on the flip side because of the way the piece comes out of the mold.  But that's just a guess.

Bib and Boussh sure do kick ass though!  I always thought the SOTE Leia was pretty darn accurate....shows how much I know.   8)

Bib is a 100% improvement over his previous version.  Gotta love the shank accessory!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2005, 07:59 PM »

I agree with you about Bib's knife.  Although I think Bib is too much of a wuss to actually stab anyone.  I think he uses that knife to cut peel apples and pick the dirt out from under his finger and toe nails :) 

I know that was a great contribution to this thread!