Author Topic: Battle of Carkoon Wave  (Read 50992 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Carkoon Wave
« Reply #165 on: November 1, 2005, 10:00 AM »
My only complaint about the Boushh is that the Helmet is too big. Very nice otherwise.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #166 on: November 1, 2005, 01:24 PM »
I see that the Boba Fett, though basically a rehash, has a much better paint job and colors, along with a proper missle in his pack, instead of that shitastic button. That makes him a definite opener for me.

Barada looks like he's been given a much better deco as well. He might be worth getting an extra to open as well.

Hopefully the rest of the rehashes will stay at this level of upgrade/modification. I can live with what they've done here.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 1, 2005, 04:28 PM »
I see that the Boba Fett, though basically a rehash, has a much better paint job and colors, along with a proper missle in his pack, instead of that shitastic button. That makes him a definite opener for me.

Well, maybe that means they took out the action feature altogether, because it really affects how well he poses on the flames - he just looks awkward.   :-\

I'd love to have one that displays better, because the idea behind the figure is great, but the annoying action feature got in the way.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 1, 2005, 09:02 PM »
Bib and Leia Boushh look better ever time I see a new picture of them.  I like Han for the Carbonite block itself really.  I have to admit that I am kind of liking those mini-holograms more and more.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 2, 2005, 06:36 PM »
Looks like the Fett is the VOTC version.

BARADA INCLUDES A HOLO STORMIE!!!!
Yes! Now my army of translucent warriors will be complete.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: November 2, 2005, 06:52 PM »
Looks like the Fett is the VOTC version.

Hmmm, now that you mention it...

I was just looking at the Rebelscum Photo, and it looks like the Saga2 Fett is part vOTC, part Carkoon Fett - definitely a kit-bash.

The legs are definitely the vOTC legs (the placement of the knee pads and the dent in the crotch are the give-away).  The upper torso/arms are definitely the old Carkoon sculpt though.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: November 2, 2005, 09:09 PM »
*scratches his head*

I MAY want this now...  That combination of parts is ok, but I dunno...  I know my gf's kids want him if he's not too hard to find, but I just don't get why they'd do this kitbash and not just a straight VOTC re-release?  They're both ROTJ... 

Should've done a VOTC re-release in ESB Deco.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 2, 2005, 11:41 PM »
Fock.

And he comes with a Holo Dooku too. Now I may have to get one. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #173 on: November 3, 2005, 12:08 AM »
The holos are randomized....
« Last Edit: November 3, 2005, 12:08 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 3, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Hmmm, now that you mention it...

I was just looking at the Rebelscum Photo, and it looks like the Saga2 Fett is part vOTC, part Carkoon Fett - definitely a kit-bash.

The legs are definitely the vOTC legs (the placement of the knee pads and the dent in the crotch are the give-away).  The upper torso/arms are definitely the old Carkoon sculpt though.

I didn't take the time to look at the Fett pic up close, figuring it would be a "pass" for me...but now that I see that, you guys are right.  It does look like VOTC legs on the Carkoon Fett.  Why they didn't just re-release the entire VOTC Fett figure I have no idea, that makes no sense at all.  I might be a little more tempted by this figure now, we'll see, if it was the entire VOTC figure repacked for $5-6 I'd buy another.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 3, 2005, 09:51 AM »

Why they didn't just re-release the entire VOTC Fett figure I have no idea, that makes no sense at all.  I might be a little more tempted by this figure now.

You answered your own question. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 3, 2005, 03:57 PM »
Sorry, if it was the VOTC then I might pick it up. The 300th Fett is still by far one of my favorite figures so until they beat that . . . . I'll pass.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 3, 2005, 06:36 PM »
The holos are randomized....

Argh, I keep forgetting that. Now I can pass. Pfew! :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 3, 2005, 06:36 PM »
I just got my Han in Carbonite...be sure you check to see if his hair is fully painted.

And just for record keeping I got a Queen Amidala with funny head dress hologram.

This Han  figure is a let down.  But if VOTC 2005 has the Han Endor with VOTC 2004 Han articulation, I'll get over it.

SilverZ

« Reply #179 on: November 3, 2005, 07:00 PM »
How does the likeness on the new figure hold up to the VOTC version when you see it in person?